I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#31MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:45:53 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I never said it didn't have good games, I said it had very few and way less then ps3.

I'm not gonna make a list, just do some research. The Wii has loads of games that go under the radar.
---
Video games are awesome.
#32dennis941012Posted 12/9/2012 7:46:09 PM
WalkingLobsters posted...
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.

lol, u do know that most of those games were developed for the 360/ps3 and then ported to the PC? Often times the ports were horrible optimized.

I am guessing you don't have gaming pc :O
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#33MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:46:22 PM
schmittycent2 posted...
The wii was horrible I owned one for only 6 months, I had to sell it due to the lack of mature games and good graphics.

Okay, now that's just pathetic. lol
---
Video games are awesome.
#34doraemonllh1989Posted 12/9/2012 7:46:24 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.

hahaha self convincing xD
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#35dennis941012Posted 12/9/2012 7:48:44 PM
Stopthink posted...
MarioMan847 posted...
Stopthink posted...
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.

Skyward Sword? Monster Hunter 3? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Red Steel 2? No More Heroes? Little King's Story? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Sorry, the Wii has too many good games for me to take statements like that seriously.

What's not to take seriously? You had to strain yourself just to remember 7 decent games. But don't bother listing anymore. Everyone has already been through this before.

Nintendrone creates list of 40 games, half of which are garbage
Objective multi-console owner points to metacritic which lists hundreds of 80+ games the Wii doesn't have
Nintendrone states multiplatform titles don't matter despite multiplatform titles being a legitimate part of any console's library
Nintendrone states metacritic doesn't matter because it doesn't support their position
Nintendrone rants about shooters
Objective people laugh at Nintendrone
Topic is forgotten

See, I just saved us some time.

you call people Nintendo drones because they actually like decent games? 360 and PS3 is piece **** compare to pc gaming and wii at least had tons of exclusive games
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#36kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 7:48:51 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
RevolutionV posted...
You guys can't be serious about comparing the Wii to the PS3/360? Those who have tons of great games, just look at the percentage of great games they have as opposed what the Wii has. No question that Wii has some really good games, Mario Galaxy comes to mind, but it's nowhere near what other consoles have done. I started this gen as a Wii-only owner, but quickly realized how inferior the console was at all levels, not just graphics. I bough a PS3 less than a year later, and I sold my Wii about three years ago. I never looked back. I was interested in the Next Nintendo console, but the Wii U just doesn't cut it for me. Let be real people.

The Wii has just as many, if not more good games than the PS3 and 360 does. I've heard billions of stories of people selling their Wii's because it apparently "has no games". When the truth is, they saw all the shovelware, assumed that the system had no games and sold it without even giving it a second thought. I'm not biased, the PS3 and 360 are good too - but throwing the Wii out of the equation is just unfair because it showed the same amount, if not MORE quality than what the HD consoles showed. I'm not sure why, but the good games on Wii are hidden.... If you can ignore the shovelware and appreciate all of the good that the Wii DOES have to offer, you (and so many other people) would like it just as much as I do.

I'm going to disagree with you.

While I agree that the Wii had some great titles, I do not feel like it was nearly as consistent as PS3/360.

One of the worst things about the Wii for me is that some of my favorite series were not nearly as good on it compared to the Cube. Tales of Symphonia, arguably my favorite game, had one of the worst sequels I've ever experienced. Was DotNW trash? No, but it was nothing compared to ToS. Super Paper Mario was fun, but once again, wasn't the same greatness as TTYOD. Metroid Prime 3 was fun and Other M was alright, but both are not nearly as good as Prime 1 and 2. I much preferred Melee to Brawl.

Mario and Zelda games felt great still, and there were other great games like MH and Xenoblade. However, I was disappointed with the Wii overall.

Also, lol at whoever is stating the PS3/360 were gimmicky HD consoles and that they were just trying to be cheap PC clones. Really? Both PS3 and 360 have their fair share of exclusives and there was hardly anything gimmicky about them.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#37DemonDog666Posted 12/9/2012 7:49:32 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
I never said it didn't have good games, I said it had very few and way less then ps3.

I'm not gonna make a list, just do some research. The Wii has loads of games that go under the radar.

Trust me I have done my research it doesn't have much and what little it has is rated far more forgivingly then ps3/360 games because there are so little good or even decent wii games.
#38dennis941012Posted 12/9/2012 7:51:01 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...

PS3 only game worth buying
uncharted series
infamous
killzone

Halo series
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
#39ProtoManEXE88Posted 12/9/2012 7:52:24 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not pretend the Wii was anywhere close to PS2's level.

It was far closer than those gimmicky overpriced HD consoles.

I think this is the worst post I've ever read.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#40kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 7:52:24 PM
dennis941012 posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...

PS3 only game worth buying
uncharted series
infamous
killzone

Halo series

/facepalm
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey