I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#41PechabusterPosted 12/9/2012 7:52:55 PM
Stopthink posted...
MarioMan847 posted...
Stopthink posted...
No, no it wasn't. The Wii's library was a wasteland. The other 2 are still going strong. Nintendo had to release another console just to keep everyone's attention.

Skyward Sword? Monster Hunter 3? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Red Steel 2? No More Heroes? Little King's Story? Marumasa: The Demon Blade? Sorry, the Wii has too many good games for me to take statements like that seriously.

What's not to take seriously? You had to strain yourself just to remember 7 decent games. But don't bother listing anymore. Everyone has already been through this before.

Nintendrone creates list of 40 games, half of which are garbage
Objective multi-console owner points to metacritic which lists hundreds of 80+ games the Wii doesn't have
Nintendrone states multiplatform titles don't matter despite multiplatform titles being a legitimate part of any console's library
Nintendrone states metacritic doesn't matter because it doesn't support their position
Nintendrone rants about shooters
Objective people laugh at Nintendrone
Topic is forgotten

See, I just saved us some time.

Many fans of PS3 central games loathe shooters too.
#42schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 7:54:00 PM
Marioman how is that pathetic, if I don't like something I sell it. I had a 360 and wii at one time,my Xbox went in to get fixed and I just couldn't stomach the garbage games wii offered. I can't stand in front of my tv waving my arms round to make Mario jump or Zelda to swing his sword,gaming is meant to be relaxing not work.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#43DarkAdonis123Posted 12/9/2012 7:57:03 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.

Yep. Nothing biased about this post at all.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#44MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:58:53 PM
kjhovey posted...

I'm going to disagree with you.

While I agree that the Wii had some great titles, I do not feel like it was nearly as consistent as PS3/360.

One of the worst things about the Wii for me is that some of my favorite series were not nearly as good on it compared to the Cube. Tales of Symphonia, arguably my favorite game, had one of the worst sequels I've ever experienced. Was DotNW trash? No, but it was nothing compared to ToS. Super Paper Mario was fun, but once again, wasn't the same greatness as TTYOD. Metroid Prime 3 was fun and Other M was alright, but both are not nearly as good as Prime 1 and 2. I much preferred Melee to Brawl.

That perspective was 100% opinionated so I'm not even gonna bother.

Anyway, the Wii was consistent, with the exception of 2011 which was understandable because Nintendo and other developers were focused on the Wii U - a disadvantage that Microsoft and Sony didn't have to deal with because their milking their consoles until who knows when.
---
Video games are awesome.
#45schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 7:59:23 PM
It's a chick she doesn't know any better.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#46MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:59:54 PM
schmittycent2 posted...
I can't stand in front of my tv waving my arms round to make Mario jump or Zelda to swing his sword,gaming is meant to be relaxing not work.

Motion control isn't work, it's fun.
---
Video games are awesome.
#47StopthinkPosted 12/9/2012 8:01:36 PM
dennis941012 posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.

hahaha self convincing xD

PS3 only game worth buying
uncharted series
infamous
killzone

Halo series

Oh look, a Nintendrone saying something stupid again.
---
imo for the tight asses
#48schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 8:01:53 PM
Mario the only reason he wii sold so well is because moms and dads wanted something for their kids that didn't have mature rated games on it.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#49Golden MavenPosted 12/9/2012 8:02:35 PM
ProtoManEXE88 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not pretend the Wii was anywhere close to PS2's level.

It was far closer than those gimmicky overpriced HD consoles.

I think this is the worst post I've ever read.

Now now, it isn't the worst... Certainly piss poor though.
#50schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 8:04:06 PM
Motion controls isn't fun it's a stupid gimmick that made gaming a pain to get into. I prefer relaxing with a controller in my hands and not having to do anything other than pressing buttons.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent