I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#51kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 8:04:29 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
kjhovey posted...

I'm going to disagree with you.

While I agree that the Wii had some great titles, I do not feel like it was nearly as consistent as PS3/360.

One of the worst things about the Wii for me is that some of my favorite series were not nearly as good on it compared to the Cube. Tales of Symphonia, arguably my favorite game, had one of the worst sequels I've ever experienced. Was DotNW trash? No, but it was nothing compared to ToS. Super Paper Mario was fun, but once again, wasn't the same greatness as TTYOD. Metroid Prime 3 was fun and Other M was alright, but both are not nearly as good as Prime 1 and 2. I much preferred Melee to Brawl.

That perspective was 100% opinionated so I'm not even gonna bother.

Anyway, the Wii was consistent, with the exception of 2011 which was understandable because Nintendo and other developers were focused on the Wii U - a disadvantage that Microsoft and Sony didn't have to deal with because their milking their consoles until who knows when.

Whether you think there was consistency or not is an opinion in itself. Personally, I went on much longer Wii droughts than I did with PS3 or 360.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#52MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:07:47 PM
kjhovey posted...
Whether you think there was consistency or not is an opinion in itself. Personally, I went on much longer Wii droughts than I did with PS3 or 360.

Well that's your problem then. Considering how much I've played the thing, I'd say that the Wii was pretty consistent with the good games for the most part.

Also, making simple hand motions isn't gonna kill anyone.
---
Video games are awesome.
#53schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 8:10:06 PM
If they were consistent with good games why haven't you mentioned any.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#54kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 8:14:10 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
kjhovey posted...

Well that's your problem then. Considering how much I've played the thing, I'd say that the Wii was pretty consistent with the good games for the most part.

Also, making simple hand motions isn't gonna kill anyone.

How is that my problem? That doesn't make sense at all <_<. In my opinion, good games weren't coming out as consistently, leaving longer droughts. YOU can say that all you want. That's my point, it's an opinion.

I played the crap out of my Wii too.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#55MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:17:05 PM
I've been defending the Wii for years, I've been through this crap a million times. Whenever I mention good games on the Wii in these type of "arguments", people either say that the games are outright bad or that they're "not as good" as what's seen on the PS3/360. It would make sense if the games were actually bad, but they're NOT. It's literally the equivalent of me saying that games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Portal, Skyrim etc. are bad just because they're on PS3 and 360.

It's just stupid, to be plain and simple.
---
Video games are awesome.
#56AwayFromHerePosted 12/9/2012 8:18:23 PM
For me, there were 8 games worth buying on Wii, and one of those, I bought on Gamecube first.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#57PechabusterPosted 12/9/2012 8:18:50 PM
schmittycent2 posted...
Motion controls isn't fun it's a stupid gimmick that made gaming a pain to get into. I prefer relaxing with a controller in my hands and not having to do anything other than pressing buttons.

Typical lazyass bloat. Well, guess what, what if Nintendo doesn't want their gamers to be fat slow pigs? What if they want society to view games as a fun medium that anyone can enjoy instead of just for antisocial fatties with no life? I bet you enjoy mindlessly shooting in CoD too don't you?
#58schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 8:19:49 PM
I understand your like for he wii but the graphics are bad gameplay is bad too. I played a cod on the wii and it was bad to play, I want to set a mine and it takes 2 min.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#59DarkAdonis123Posted 12/9/2012 8:20:16 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
schmittycent2 posted...
I can't stand in front of my tv waving my arms round to make Mario jump or Zelda to swing his sword,gaming is meant to be relaxing not work.

Motion control isn't work, it's fun.

Everyone did not like motion controls. You know it, I know it. You saying its fun doesn't make it so for someone who doesn't like it. You keep telling people what they say is opinion but your rebuttals are mere opinions as well.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#60MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:21:33 PM
Um.... Not everyone hates motion control. Where'd ya get that statistic from?
---
Video games are awesome.