I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#61MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:21:57 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
For me, there were 8 games worth buying on Wii, and one of those, I bought on Gamecube first.

Care to elaborate on what games those were?
---
Video games are awesome.
#62schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 9:22:14 PM
No I don't own a single cod on my Xbox and just because I prefer sitting and relaxing while playing doesn't make me fat and lazy.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#63Emerald_MeliosPosted 12/9/2012 9:22:39 PM
ProtoManEXE88 posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not pretend the Wii was anywhere close to PS2's level.

It was far closer than those gimmicky overpriced HD consoles.

I think this is the worst post I've ever read.

Does it make you despair that some of us weren't impressed with PS360's $400-$600 graphics?

schmittycent2 posted...
It's a chick she doesn't know any better.

No, she just has common sense and a reasonable assessment of 7th generation consoles.

HD was a useless gimmick that couldn't cover up the fact most of those games were linear corridors or otherwise dumbed down.
#64PechabusterPosted 12/9/2012 9:24:03 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
MarioMan847 posted...
schmittycent2 posted...
I can't stand in front of my tv waving my arms round to make Mario jump or Zelda to swing his sword,gaming is meant to be relaxing not work.

Motion control isn't work, it's fun.

Everyone did not like motion controls. You know it, I know it. You saying its fun doesn't make it so for someone who doesn't like it. You keep telling people what they say is opinion but your rebuttals are mere opinions as well.

Actually many gaming presses did have praise the Wii for its motion controls, mostly how it made people move around and not be a lazy slug. There was this old guy who got a guinness record for playing Wii bowling. And there were many stuff about the benefits of it I read a long time ago
#65schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 9:24:20 PM
Gta red dead la noire there are a ton of Xbox games out there with enough to do.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#66AkaneJonesPosted 12/9/2012 9:24:36 PM
@Stopthink

Nintendrone creates list of 40 games, half of which are garbage
You mean either half you think are garbage, didn't play, or take the lower review scores from professional reviewers, the ones that over hype games they get payed off to, at face value as apposed to using your own judgment on the game.

Objective multi-console owner points to metacritic which lists hundreds of 80+ games the Wii doesn't have
You mean lets use metacritic rather than ones own judgement to rattle of games, because obviously those game at metacritic of only 70 all suck or are shovelware, where as none of the 80+ are paid off crap that really is no better than the 70 games many times.

Nintendrone states multiplatform titles don't matter despite multiplatform titles being a legitimate part of any console's library
Or when the multiplatform is in Nintendo is doesn't count because obviously its better on the HD twins if your a PS360 fanboy. And obviously the reviewers are in the same boat so the Nintendo version was rated worse.

Nintendrone states metacritic doesn't matter because it doesn't support their position
Metacritic doesn't matter because reviews mean squat on lots of games. I'm not listening to crap spewed by fanboy style reviewers included in metacritic scores when obviously they love some games I hate, you know like Golden Eye 007 on N64(junk in my opinion), but harp on things I never once had a problem with thus reviewed the game lower, Fragile's combat system for example. But apparently disputing the idea that a game is good is only appropriate if it's being used to troll Nintendo games, by a professional reviewer that hates Nintendo games for being Nintemdo games.

Nintendrone rants about shooters
Maybe I don't like FPSs, I like a good arcade shooter, but I suck at them. I'll stick to Mega Man, Metroid, Star Fox, & Pocky & Rocky for this. This doesn't stop Anti-Nintendo people ranting about Nintendo games sucking or the anti-jRPG(Endgame) crowd from being 10x more annoying.

Objective people laugh at Nintendrone
Of you mean PS360 fanboys, Objective people don't give a damn, they weren't complaining about Nintendo beyond there poor NoA eShop handling in the first place. Objective people don't see the issues the PS360 fanboys claim always existed on all Nintendo games. No Objective people played Raving Rabbids on there Wii and had fun with it, not claiming it wasn't a legitimate game to include in those 40 games the "Nintendrone" rattled off.

Topic is forgotten
It's this board, too many useless post too quickly since it came out. It's not because the TC doesn't have a point.

See, I just saved us some time.
No, you actually made me waste mine rebutting you.
#67DarkAdonis123Posted 12/9/2012 9:25:19 PM
Pechabuster posted...
schmittycent2 posted...
Motion controls isn't fun it's a stupid gimmick that made gaming a pain to get into. I prefer relaxing with a controller in my hands and not having to do anything other than pressing buttons.

Typical lazyass bloat. Well, guess what, what if Nintendo doesn't want their gamers to be fat slow pigs? What if they want society to view games as a fun medium that anyone can enjoy instead of just for antisocial fatties with no life? I bet you enjoy mindlessly shooting in CoD too don't you?

And you determined all that from him saying he prefers buttons over motion controls?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#68_Elite_Bushido_Posted 12/9/2012 9:26:01 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not pretend the Wii was anywhere close to PS2's level.

It was far closer than those gimmicky overpriced HD consoles.

heh
---
She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet. - Riff Raff
http://tinyurl.com/8pf75y8 http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#69Skul_Posted 12/9/2012 9:26:57 PM
The original Wii had more games worth buying. 360/PS3 just had a bunch of inferior versions of games on PC. Littered with one or two exclusives not worth buying a system for.

The PS3 had some exlusives worth buying. Far more than the 360 had.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#70kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 9:27:18 PM
Pechabuster posted...
schmittycent2 posted...
Motion controls isn't fun it's a stupid gimmick that made gaming a pain to get into. I prefer relaxing with a controller in my hands and not having to do anything other than pressing buttons.

Typical lazyass bloat. Well, guess what, what if Nintendo doesn't want their gamers to be fat slow pigs? What if they want society to view games as a fun medium that anyone can enjoy instead of just for antisocial fatties with no life? I bet you enjoy mindlessly shooting in CoD too don't you?

While I enjoyed motion controls at times, I don't really get what you are trying to say.

If you are trying to tell me that there aren't as many overweight people with a Wii than there are with the 360 or PS3, then I'd like to see where you are getting that from.

Several people game in order to relax after being active all day. It's understandable if someone would never want to use motion controls in their video games... it's all a matter of preference. Not only that, but the typical motion controls in a Wii game aren't exactly going to burn loads of calories.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey