I'm sick and tired of people hating on the original Wii

#71schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 9:28:42 PM
How is hd graphics a gimmick, it was a smart move it makes graphics look amazing and it helps get you into the game visually.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#72PechabusterPosted 12/9/2012 9:31:50 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Pechabuster posted...
schmittycent2 posted...
Motion controls isn't fun it's a stupid gimmick that made gaming a pain to get into. I prefer relaxing with a controller in my hands and not having to do anything other than pressing buttons.

Typical lazyass bloat. Well, guess what, what if Nintendo doesn't want their gamers to be fat slow pigs? What if they want society to view games as a fun medium that anyone can enjoy instead of just for antisocial fatties with no life? I bet you enjoy mindlessly shooting in CoD too don't you?

And you determined all that from him saying he prefers buttons over motion controls?

From calling standing up (you don't even have to do that and many games can be played with the controller sideways) and pointing at a screen "work" and believing women's opinons are inferior I have a good guess on what his character is like.
#73MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:32:11 PM
Skul_ posted...
The PS3 had some exlusives worth buying. Far more than the 360 had.

^ Now this, I'll agree with - even though it's far from my main point.
---
Video games are awesome.
#74DarkAdonis123Posted 12/9/2012 9:32:49 PM
MarioMan847 posted...
Um.... Not everyone hates motion control. Where'd ya get that statistic from?

If that was meant for me, nowhere in my post did I say everyone hates motion controls. I said not everyone likes them. The two aren't even remotely similar.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#75schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 9:34:30 PM
You don't know me at all man, I'm married with a child and very active. I just never have had a women have anything good to say about video games.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#76DarkAdonis123Posted 12/9/2012 9:35:39 PM
Pechabuster posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
MarioMan847 posted...
schmittycent2 posted...
I can't stand in front of my tv waving my arms round to make Mario jump or Zelda to swing his sword,gaming is meant to be relaxing not work.

Motion control isn't work, it's fun.

Everyone did not like motion controls. You know it, I know it. You saying its fun doesn't make it so for someone who doesn't like it. You keep telling people what they say is opinion but your rebuttals are mere opinions as well.

Actually many gaming presses did have praise the Wii for its motion controls, mostly how it made people move around and not be a lazy slug. There was this old guy who got a guinness record for playing Wii bowling. And there were many stuff about the benefits of it I read a long time ago

People liking them isn't the issue. The issue is he can't seem to accept that not everyone fell in love with the concept. Some people just didn't like motion controls period. They prefer buttons.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#77kjhoveyPosted 12/9/2012 9:35:48 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
MarioMan847 posted...
Um.... Not everyone hates motion control. Where'd ya get that statistic from?

If that was meant for me, nowhere in my post did I say everyone hates motion controls. I said not everyone likes them. The two aren't even remotely similar.

Nah, you said," Everyone did not like motion controls."

You stated that everyone did not like them... which is wrong.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#78schmittycent2Posted 12/9/2012 9:35:51 PM
I don't get this exclusives crap I have never bought a system based on exclusives.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#79FlyinTonitePosted 12/9/2012 9:37:36 PM
Tbh, as long as you had a wii and ps3, you were set. Xbox has no real "must have" exclusives. I will say though, I loved me some forza.

The main thing I liked about the wii was it had a diverse library in comparisons to the hd twins. Hell, have you gone to a game store lately, the 360 and ps3 are 80% the same titles with a few exclusives here and there.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#80omescythePosted 12/9/2012 9:39:17 PM
the wii is just not that great compared to 360/ps3.
if the wii is so great then where are its large scale open world rpgs like skyrim and fallout.
where are its highly detailed stealth games like metal gear solid 4 and deus ex human revolution.
where are its sandbox games like sleeping dogs and red dead redemption.
where are its great indy games like bastion and journy