You think the Wii U launch games are bad?

#31RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:39:58 PM
game freakozoid posted...
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
Actually Pscience it looks like a lot of those that you referred to as a port were actually developed concurrently with whatever console received it first. Very different than Mass Effect, Arkham City etc. which were clearly ported over after the fact and were a second thought. Maybe I should have been more specific with what I meant when I said that.

Either way the line up for the Wii U is not strong after removing ports, but neither is the lineup for either of the other systems.

Yes it is... Mario is like if Microsoft put out Halo 3 with the 360. Or if Sony put out God of War with the Ps3.

Even if you're not into Mario, there's no denying its fanbase.

Rahzar, let's try to phone down the fanboyism for just one sec. Even then it is just one game.

Exactly... neither the 360 or the Ps3 had one big title on the scale of Mario. That is the whole point...

Let's try to phone down... phone down... phone... down...
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#32game freakozoidPosted 12/9/2012 9:42:43 PM
RahzarX posted...
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
Actually Pscience it looks like a lot of those that you referred to as a port were actually developed concurrently with whatever console received it first. Very different than Mass Effect, Arkham City etc. which were clearly ported over after the fact and were a second thought. Maybe I should have been more specific with what I meant when I said that.

Either way the line up for the Wii U is not strong after removing ports, but neither is the lineup for either of the other systems.

Yes it is... Mario is like if Microsoft put out Halo 3 with the 360. Or if Sony put out God of War with the Ps3.

Even if you're not into Mario, there's no denying its fanbase.

Rahzar, let's try to phone down the fanboyism for just one sec. Even then it is just one game.

Exactly... neither the 360 or the Ps3 had one big title on the scale of Mario. That is the whole point...

Let's try to phone down... phone down... phone... down...

So by your horrible logic if a console released two God of War games at the start and nothing else it automatically wins because 2>1? A launch isn't all of a sudden the best because it has one mascot game at launch. That level of thinking is just ludicrous beyond words
#33RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:53:41 PM
Mario is a system seller... not just some mascot throwaway.

Do you have some sort of paycheque coming from Sony and MS? I sure hope so.

None of the 360 or Ps3 launch titles coerced anyone into buying the console.

I'm looking forward to more of your replies that somehow... try... to... do... something? Not sure what you're trying to accomplish...
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#34PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 9:54:30 PM
So by your horrible logic if a console released two God of War games at the start and nothing else it automatically wins because 2>1? A launch isn't all of a sudden the best because it has one mascot game at launch. That level of thinking is just ludicrous beyond words

I would love to see the argument that makes either the PS3 or 360 launch some amazing collection of games. Ports or no.

Looking at the lists I see Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 as being games I'd actually want to play at the 360 launch and then Call of Duty 3, Genji, and Resistance from the PS3 launch. There are way more games on the Wii U that I want to play at launch than either of those games.

I'm not saying that because the Wii U has a Mario game at launch it's immediately better, but no console launch is something amazing software wise.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#35PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 9:55:32 PM
RahzarX posted...

I'm looking forward to more of your replies that somehow... try... to... do... something? Not sure what you're trying to accomplish...

Psst... NSMBU didn't coerce anyone to buy the Wii U either. It only sold half of what the Wii U sold.
---
#36RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:55:34 PM
PsienceWins posted...

I would love to see the argument that makes either the PS3 or 360 launch some amazing collection of games. Ports or no.

Looking at the lists I see Call of Duty 2 and Quake 4 as being games I'd actually want to play at the 360 launch and then Call of Duty 3, Genji, and Resistance from the PS3 launch. There are way more games on the Wii U that I want to play at launch than either of those games.

I'm not saying that because the Wii U has a Mario game at launch it's immediately better, but no console launch is something amazing software wise.

That's exactly it. The logic is not behind the one game, it's behind the crown jewel in a crown of many jewels.
---
#37RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:56:24 PM
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...

Psst... NSMBU didn't coerce anyone to buy the Wii U either. It only sold half of what the Wii U sold.

Yes it did. Myself and plenty of others are THAT into Mario.

You need to talk to more gamers.
---
#38JMC611Posted 12/9/2012 9:58:09 PM
Wii u launch was crap.
Not enough ridge racer.
#39PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 9:58:56 PM
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...

Yes it did. Myself and plenty of others are THAT into Mario.

You need to talk to more gamers.

I bought NSMBU when I got my Wii U also. Along with ZombiU. That's not the point. The point is that NSMBU didn't sell systems because it's attach rate to systems was 1 to 2, not 1 to 1. If it was a system it wouldn't have only sold about 240,00. It would have sold closer to 350,000-400,000.
---
#40IcedEarthaholicPosted 12/9/2012 10:04:37 PM
All things considered, the Wii U launch looks like gold compared to the other systems' launches. The 360's launch was pretty abysmal, as was the PS3's launch. The original Wii wasn't that much better either. At least with the Wii U, you're seeing versions of late life PS3/360 software running on this sucker already, and while there were some botch jobs or so I am told, I've yet to have complaints about the four games I have.

Nintendo Land
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

Of those, I put WO3H and NG3RE on reserve and paid them in full well before launch day. All things considered, I am satisfied with how things are running, and have one or two more games I want to get already. Those being New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

And this is at launch for Pete's sake. That is quite impressive all things considered, I look forward to getting some good games in the future, hopefully that rumour about a Fatal Frame Wii U proves true, and it brings that awesome remake (played thanks to a modded Wii) of Fatal Frame 2 along with it!
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973