You think the Wii U launch games are bad?

#41RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:13:34 PM
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...
Mario is a system seller... not just some mascot throwaway.

Do you have some sort of paycheque coming from Sony and MS? I sure hope so.

None of the 360 or Ps3 launch titles coerced anyone into buying the console.

I'm looking forward to more of your replies that somehow... try... to... do... something? Not sure what you're trying to accomplish...

Psst... NSMBU didn't coerce anyone to buy the Wii U either. It only sold half of what the Wii U sold.

Yes it did. Myself and plenty of others are THAT into Mario.

You need to talk to more gamers.

I bought NSMBU when I got my Wii U also. Along with ZombiU. That's not the point. The point is that NSMBU didn't sell systems because it's attach rate to systems was 1 to 2, not 1 to 1. If it was a system it wouldn't have only sold about 240,00. It would have sold closer to 350,000-400,000.

Uhh no... it would've sold about 1 to 2... Not EVERYONE will buy a game with a console.

When HALF of everyone who owns a console owns the game, it's a system seller...

A system seller doesn't EVER sell to everyone. Not everyone likes Halo, CoD, not everyone likes everything. Why is this even an argument?

Nintendo sold almost as many copies of Mario U as 360's were sold at launch.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#42CelesEsperIce3Posted 12/9/2012 9:13:58 PM
That list is the exact reason why it took 4 years before I bought a 360 and still have no plans to ever buy a Sony product again. 360 at least got some decent games eventually, but there are still less than 5 games I would even consider playing on PS3.
#43S_FoxPosted 12/9/2012 9:14:00 PM
Wii u launch was crap.
Not enough ridge racer.

or king kong
---
Nothing to see here
#44PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 9:18:35 PM(edited)
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...
Mario is a system seller... not just some mascot throwaway.

Do you have some sort of paycheque coming from Sony and MS? I sure hope so.

None of the 360 or Ps3 launch titles coerced anyone into buying the console.

I'm looking forward to more of your replies that somehow... try... to... do... something? Not sure what you're trying to accomplish...

Psst... NSMBU didn't coerce anyone to buy the Wii U either. It only sold half of what the Wii U sold.

Yes it did. Myself and plenty of others are THAT into Mario.

You need to talk to more gamers.

I bought NSMBU when I got my Wii U also. Along with ZombiU. That's not the point. The point is that NSMBU didn't sell systems because it's attach rate to systems was 1 to 2, not 1 to 1. If it was a system it wouldn't have only sold about 240,00. It would have sold closer to 350,000-400,000.

Uhh no... it would've sold about 1 to 2... Not EVERYONE will buy a game with a console.

When HALF of everyone who owns a console owns the game, it's a system seller...

A system seller doesn't EVER sell to everyone. Not everyone likes Halo, CoD, not everyone likes everything. Why is this even an argument?

Nintendo sold almost as many copies of Mario U as 360's were sold at launch.

Cool. Then PS3 and 360 both had system sellers that coerced people into buying them. Resistance on the PS3 and Call of Duty 2 on the 360.

Any my sales numbers for NSMBU were actually about 75% attach rate, not 100%. And if you don't like Mario games, why would you buy a Nintendo system?

And your argument about NSMBU selling as many copies as Xbox360 did at launch is a false argument. Not that your numbers are false, I didn't look into that, but in a real debate that wouldn't hold up.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#45RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:37:03 PM
Real debate.... underage user alert.

Google is your friend. When you're wrong, Google. When you think you're right, reply to a topic.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#46PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 9:42:29 PM
RahzarX posted...

Google is your friend. When you're wrong, Google. When you think you're right, reply to a topic.

So you have no better point than to say I'm underage and throw insults? Very mature. Further more, message boards were made for discussions. That's why we're here, right? Finally, look at my karma. Given the number I would have to be at least 20 based on the 13 year old age signup limit.
---
#47RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:53:13 PM
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...

So you have no better point than to say I'm underage and throw insults? Very mature. Further more, message boards were made for discussions. That's why we're here, right? Finally, look at my karma. Given the number I would have to be at least 20 based on the 13 year old age signup limit.

You're not discussing anything. You said it yourself, you did not check the numbers.

You're throwing out opinions left and right.

Mario is the best selling video game franchise of all time. Let that sink in. OF ALL TIME.

If that's not an extremely great launch title, I don't know what is.

Having one great game and 9 average ones (of which Batman, CoD, and AC3 are WAY above average) are much better than having uhh Resistance and Perfect Dark Zero?

If you had any interest in discussion, you'd be considering the merits of having a Mario title at launch.
---
#48PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 10:11:34 PM(edited)
RahzarX posted...
PsienceWins posted...
RahzarX posted...

You're not discussing anything. You said it yourself, you did not check the numbers.

You're throwing out opinions left and right.

Mario is the best selling video game franchise of all time. Let that sink in. OF ALL TIME.

If that's not an extremely great launch title, I don't know what is.

Having one great game and 9 average ones (of which Batman, CoD, and AC3 are WAY above average) are much better than having uhh Resistance and Perfect Dark Zero?

If you had any interest in discussion, you'd be considering the merits of having a Mario title at launch.

I never said I didn't check the numbers. Look over all of my posts. You quoted most of them so don't think I went back and "edited" out what I didn't want.

Next, it's not an opinion. Attach rate numbers show that it's not a system seller. Yeah, it's the best selling game on the system right now, but that doesn't mean people are running out to buy a Wii U just for NSMBU. That means that Mario isn't a system seller. Zelda: Twilight Princess however sold over 600,000 units with over a 75% attach rate to the Wii. And this was with it being available on the GameCube at the same time. I'm sure most early Wii adapters already owned a GameCube like me. That was a system seller. See the difference?

Next Resistance is a great game and revolutionized online FPS games for consoles. Next PDZ is not the system seller for 360. It was panned in reviews. Call of Duty sold a lot more Xboxs.
---
#49PsienceWinsPosted 12/9/2012 10:10:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#50TrendSetter632Posted 12/9/2012 10:11:16 PM
Wouldn't it be fairer to compare the Wii's launch games with the 360 and ps3 rather than compare 2 old generation systems with a "new gen"?