Nintendo will prevail

#1MrLonely89Posted 12/9/2012 8:57:37 PM
Apparently, most of you aren't stringing all of this together, so let me spell it out for you:

Nintendo doesn't care about power, third party support, or the latest third party smash hit. All they care about is hanging around and making money while the other two console makers (Sony mainly, but MS too eventually) and the industry as a whole commits financial suicide, which they are currently doing.

Development costs are rising, and with that, the amount you get in return for that investment when it comes to improving the experience is limited at best. It used to be, a few million dollars was all you needed to build a great game, now it's not even enough to get a project started. That would be fine if the amount of money they were making matched this increase in development costs, but it hasn't. More developers went out of business this generation than in any other, and if projections about next gen development costs for the new PS4/720 are correct, the number will likely be even higher next generation.

I could go on for hours on this topic, but the essence of it is pretty simple: by willingly staying behind the technological 8 ball and relying on their IPs and solid fan base, Nintendo is more or less guaranteed to win in the long term if all three companies and the industry as a whole continues moving in its current direction. Gamers don't want to hear it, but your bigger and better by leaps and bounds expectations are burying the industry and will kill everyone but nintendo if this trend continues.
#2MrLonely89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 8:59:47 PM
Also, it's fair to note that this is not a claim that the wii u will be the console to do it or that this generation will be the end. I give the industry another ten or so years with its current model, because it'll take awhile before the major publishers take a big enough hit to justify serious change.
#3NarutoPosted 12/9/2012 9:02:21 PM
Forget these complicated games, 99 cent apps will prevail.
#4zender1999Posted 12/9/2012 9:02:21 PM
nintendo won last gen with most consoles sold and most games sold and will continue to do so, the others dont have what it takes to be better than nintendo
#5CptnStarFoxPosted 12/9/2012 9:03:59 PM
Nintendo was the first, and Nintendo will be the last.
---
(Friend Code: 1247-2209-7226)(Foxx in Corneria)
#6MrLonely89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 9:09:42 PM
Naruto, I don't know whether or not you're joking, but that's what the numbers suggest. Unless the global (and particularly the U.S. and Japanese) economy turns around in a big way, cheap games are going to win the day.
#7shaunmePosted 12/9/2012 9:12:04 PM
Both the ps3 and the 360 had more highly rated games than the wii, that is how you determine who "won" not by sales, which mean nothing to real gamers but everything to nintendrones.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#8GoldenKira2770Posted 12/9/2012 9:12:20 PM
The current model of making stronger hardware= money printing is what has gotten sony into the financial position they are. The PS3 and PSVita are the strongest of their category (consoles and handhelds) but Sony is losing money by them. ( Not to mention that in japan the PSVita is struggling against the PSP (not to mention that the 3ds is crushing it there), sony shiny new hardware is selling less than the older hardware you know something is wrong. Videogames companies must not rely on this model only as that would put them in a position that is not very healthy for the industry

Most systems survive by two factors : the accesebility for the customer ( and by this I mean price) and the accesebility for devs to create games. Thats why the PS1 trumped over the N64 and saturn, and why the ps2 trumped over the gcn.

TL;DR- Moar power=/= instant prevailing in a console gen.
---
insert something original and witty here
#9ColorfulColorsPosted 12/9/2012 9:15:35 PM
Oh God... I feel so sorry for this guy. Trolls will eat this s*** UP.
---
SSJCHRIS: The troll with anger issues
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#10GoldenKira2770Posted 12/9/2012 9:16:47 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
Oh God... I feel so sorry for this guy. Trolls will eat this s*** UP.

look on the bright side those trolls are annoying 12 year old that have to go to school tommorow
---
insert something original and witty here