Sonic racing transformed yay or nay?

#1FlyinTonitePosted 12/9/2012 11:19:43 PM
I've played it and returned it. It didn't engross me like the first one did, I loved the mechanics but ultimately the tracks didn't do enough for me to really enjoy the zomg I'm flying, now I'm in a boat. etc.

Just looking for your thoughts. A nay from me obviously.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#2shaunmePosted 12/9/2012 11:21:37 PM
I like it but the framerate is dire .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#3robinhoekPosted 12/9/2012 11:21:55 PM
I'm interested to hear what any non-Sonic fans think of it as a mascot/kart racer. I've been suckered by overzealous Sonic fans in the past that his newest game is good and I promised myself never again.
#4andrea987Posted 12/9/2012 11:28:58 PM(edited)
Super yay from me, love everything about it, tracks, online, everything looks and play beautifully, since the patch.

Edit: and I'm not even remotely a sonic fan. The last sonic game I bought was sonic adventure on the dreamcast.
#5dart246Posted 12/9/2012 11:26:04 PM
robinhoek posted...
I'm interested to hear what any non-Sonic fans think of it as a mascot/kart racer. I've been suckered by overzealous Sonic fans in the past that his newest game is good and I promised myself never again.

It's actually suprisingly very good. Now that the latest patch is out, it's a lot of fun.

I has the familiarity of Mario Kart, but the transforming truly does make this a game all its own.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
#6RahzarXPosted 12/9/2012 11:28:24 PM
robinhoek posted...

I bought it on a whim. Not a Sonic fan as you'd call it. Here's my rundown.

More features than you can shake your fist at. My jaw dropped honestly. Click any button and like a BAGILLION modes fly at you. It's so awesome.

You can level up each character, they each have their own mods.

There's sticker collections.

Online play.

That's just a few things that really impressed me.

The game is so good, it's apples/oranges to MK because the driving is a lot different. I actually prefer the driving in Sonic to MK now. It feels like you're actually on the ground instead of floaty and the weapons are unique and balanced.

Not sure I could give a more glowing review. 9.9/10.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7EnVoYCoOkiEPosted 12/9/2012 11:31:30 PM(edited)
Rubberbanding isn't in which makes this game 100% better then Mario Kart! IMO this game actually takes alot more skill then Mario Kart does -.-...Plus the map design in this game are like one of the best I have ever seen in a arcade racer. 100% Yay for me....I rather play this then Luck Kart -.-.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz|G.Skill DDR3 8GB 1600|OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD|1TB Hitachi HDD|ASUS DCUII TOP GTX670|OCZ GT 750W|Antec 902|MSI P67A-C43(B3)
PSN: NagashiFtW
#8FlyinTonite(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:29:41 PM
RahzarX posted...
robinhoek posted...

More features than you can shake your fist at. My jaw dropped honestly. Click any button and like a BAGILLION modes fly at you. It's so awesome.

Online play.

The game is so good, it's apples/oranges to MK because the driving is a lot different. I actually prefer the driving in Sonic to MK now. It feels like you're actually on the ground instead of floaty and the weapons are unique and balanced.

I didn't ever get accustomed to the speed at which the game went. It was tough trying to do the same tricks I did with the first sonic all stars, the game just handled differently. Can't explain it.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#9QuinnandGoblinPosted 12/9/2012 11:29:57 PM
A big YAY from me.

Have it on ps3 digital, and Wii U retail (got it for free price matching games).

Had the day one patch on it from europe (never seen the bugged patch) and it runs as good as ps3, but the gamepad, being able to play on it, or the map make it my favourite version of the game.

Some amazingly good and beautiful track designs too, more good than bad ones by far.
---
NinendoID- Grey-Armada .... psn- armada66 .... xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393
#10RahzarXPosted 12/9/2012 11:34:23 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
RahzarX posted...
robinhoek posted...

Online play.

I didn't ever get accustomed to the speed at which the game went. It was tough trying to do the same tricks I did with the first sonic all stars, the game just handled differently. Can't explain it.

I think they tweaked the physics, the learning curve is pretty dramatic. Once you nail down your technique on the cart you play best with, you'll see what I mean by the driving being better than MK. It feels so good to actually navigate a course effectively where in MK the only reason you hit a wall is because of items.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."