Whatever happened to all that talk about Wii U having best versions of games?

#21Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:51:31 AM
Gencoil posted...
You really have to admire this guy's persistence.

No, you really don't.

Anyway, TC, you're flat out wrong about Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed as the Wii U version did have a nasty glitch until it was patched recently. I own the game and I it plays just fine. In fact, now it might be less glitchy than the other versions if the complaints on the other versions' boards are any indication.

Furthermore, the Wii U version allegedly has a slighly better, more stable framerate, 5 player local multiplayer (no other version currently has this feature) and exclusive minigames.
I would say all this makes the Wii U version the best.

Proof of the better framerate?

hes basing these off technical comparisons of framerate/texture parity/resolution/tearing/shaders/lighting etc. theres nothing subjective about one version of a game being muddier or having no vsynch, for example.

Exactly, that's why young RobinHoek seems to be... ignorant on the words he uses.
#22HighwayPilotPosted 12/10/2012 2:53:42 AM
It's a new console. Whoever thought all games would be on par with consoles that've been out for over 4 years wasn't thinking right.
#23CrazyFool319Posted 12/10/2012 2:54:17 AM
The problem is most of these games were designed for one system and ported to another. Ports tend to be slightly lower quality while games designed for all systems have smaller gaps in quality.

Also take into account that optimization on a brand new system vs a 7 year old system will always favor the older system, especially if they are similar in power. While the wii is slightly more powerful than a 360, the new system has its intricacies and such that will need to be discovered over time. Look at the difference between launch 360 titles and current ones. Compare Call of Duty at launch to Blops 2 or even Oblivion to Skyrim. Its disturbing that the launch titles so clearly inferior to the newer titles.
---
SEAHAWKS
#24Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:54:43 AM
It's a new console. Whoever thought all games would be on par with consoles that've been out for over 4 years wasn't thinking right.

Man, back when I tried telling this board they weren't thinking right I was accused of being a troll...
#25robinhoekPosted 12/10/2012 3:00:37 AM
hes basing these off technical comparisons of framerate/texture parity/resolution/tearing/shaders/lighting etc. theres nothing subjective about one version of a game being muddier or having no vsynch, for example.

Oh did the title of this thread mention best graphics or best versions? Since I can actually read I will put my money on "best version" which in many cases is in fact subjective. Try again.
#26Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:02:27 AM

Oh did the title of this thread mention best graphics or best versions? Since I can actually read I will put my money on "best version" which in many cases is in fact subjective. Try again.

Poor little Robin, still doesn't understand the term subjective. When a game is examined on it's technical merits, you can find the best version. This is not subjective, actually quite the opposite.
#27BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 3:07:32 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Poor little Robin, still doesn't understand the term subjective. When a game is examined on it's technical merits, you can find the best version. This is not subjective, actually quite the opposite.

If you're only considering graphics, sure. But one could still say something like "Arkham City: Armored Edition for Wii U is the best version because of the Gamepad integration"
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#28poo111111111111Posted 12/10/2012 3:08:21 AM
pop-up is no worse on Orochi 3 than it is on the PS3 version. To me just feels like something they never bothered fixing. The amount of extras however more than make up for it. *has yet to have any framerate problems either. But has been mainly playing on the gamepad*
#29Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:08:50 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

If you're only considering graphics, sure. But one could still say something like "Arkham City: Armored Edition for Wii U is the best version because of the Gamepad integration"

Except the actual game runs and plays worse, which is yknow, one of the most important parts of a game.

But hey, enjoy tilting the controller around at 15fps, sure is nice!
#30robinhoekPosted 12/10/2012 3:09:03 AM

I'd take a game with extras packed in over slightly better textures on grass. Not to mention a lot of the games that you mention have pros and cons to each version graphically. Darksiders II for Wii U actually has some nicer textures, shadows, and effects in some cases while suffering in draw distance. Who decides which is more important? Then there is Ninja Gaiden 3 which you admit is up in the air as to which version is best. Technically you give it to the other systems but why is there a debate if it is technically inferior? Could it be that there is more to a game than graphics and framerate? Shocking.