Whatever happened to all that talk about Wii U having best versions of games?

#31BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 2:10:07 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
hes basing these off technical comparisons of framerate/texture parity/resolution/tearing/shaders/lighting etc. theres nothing subjective about one version of a game being muddier or having no vsynch, for example.

Oh did the title of this thread mention best graphics or best versions? Since I can actually read I will put my money on "best version" which in many cases is in fact subjective. Try again.

Poor little Robin, still doesn't understand the term subjective. When a game is examined on it's technical merits, you can find the best version. This is not subjective, actually quite the opposite.

If you're only considering graphics, sure. But one could still say something like "Arkham City: Armored Edition for Wii U is the best version because of the Gamepad integration"

Except the actual game runs and plays worse, which is yknow, one of the most important parts of a game.

Well sure, graphics are more important than gameplay. Doesn't matter if a game plays like ass as long as it's an attractive ass, am I right?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#32squatch22Posted 12/10/2012 2:10:39 AM
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
#33Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:14:49 AM
hes basing these off technical comparisons of framerate/texture parity/resolution/tearing/shaders/lighting etc. theres nothing subjective about one version of a game being muddier or having no vsynch, for example.

Oh did the title of this thread mention best graphics or best versions? Since I can actually read I will put my money on "best version" which in many cases is in fact subjective. Try again.

Poor little Robin, still doesn't understand the term subjective. When a game is examined on it's technical merits, you can find the best version. This is not subjective, actually quite the opposite.

I'd take a game with extras packed in over slightly better textures on grass. Not to mention a lot of the games that you mention have pros and cons to each version graphically. Darksiders II for Wii U actually has some nicer textures, shadows, and effects in some cases while suffering in draw distance. Who decides which is more important? Then there is Ninja Gaiden 3 which you admit is up in the air as to which version is best. Technically you give it to the other systems but why is there a debate if it is technically inferior? Could it be that there is more to a game than graphics and framerate? Shocking.

Sorry fella, but how a game runs is far more important than a few extras, I know this is going to come as a shock to you.

Also, as you'll see here, the game has slightly nicer shadows on the Wii U, yet has worse everything else. How bizarre
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-darksiders-2-on-wii-u-face-off

And I left Ninja Gaiden in the air, as there is no full scientific proof provided one way or the other, other than the word of reviewers. Some of which say it looks worse than a 360 launch game...

All in all, you need to learn what the words you throw around mean before you actually use them, okay? Now be a good dear and go to bed, it's grown up time.
#34Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:15:58 AM
Well sure, graphics are more important than gameplay. Doesn't matter if a game plays like ass as long as it's an attractive ass, am I right?

Framerates affect gameplay, sorry champ :/
#35BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 2:16:13 AM
Now be a good dear and go to bed, it's grown up time.

Says the guy acting like a 5-year-old.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#36squatch22Posted 12/10/2012 2:17:27 AM
Buretsu posted...

lol
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
#37Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:20:13 AM

Me? How? I'm educating a child on the matters of "subjectivity". I feel bad when I see ignorance and attempt to fix it, if you don't then you end up with beings like Squatch who think saying things like "Heroes of Ruin is better than Torchlight, it's my opinion so it can't be wrong!!!" is correct.
#38robinhoekPosted 12/10/2012 2:24:12 AM

Me? How? I'm educating a child on the matters of "subjectivity". I feel bad when I see ignorance and attempt to fix it, if you don't then you end up with beings like Squatch who think saying things like "Heroes of Ruin is better than Torchlight, it's my opinion so it can't be wrong!!!" is correct.

The problem is you are being both condescending and wrong and us sane and logical types hate that combination.
#39BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 2:25:29 AM

You think you're saying something, but all I can hear is "BAWWWWWWW"
---
#40mcsmellingtonPosted 12/10/2012 2:26:31 AM
You did get people like Darkjedilink and Tottenanz (I think) going on and on about how the Wii U would get the best versions of games. I've not seen either of them post that much since the console got released actually.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington