Nintendo confirms German law to blame for Europe-wide Wii U eShop 18+ content re

#21AwesomeOSaucePosted 12/10/2012 4:09:01 AM(edited)
Nintendo needs to learn how to internet correctly >_<

Seriously they need to fire whoever handles their online network and servers and try to get some young guys that used to work for Microsoft, Sony, Steam etc.... that know what the f*** they are doing.

A smart company would:

Let just block IP consoles from Germany to access this content so then we follow their laws. BUT for all other European countries that are not so uber conservative lets allow them to not have these restrictions just like PSN, Steam and XBL.

But a company like Nintendo does:

>our servers are in Germany?
>we have an online shop
>well lets comply to German law and censor for all European countries where this law doesn't apply derp!
>just for fun lets not do this in Japan or North America.

>_< somebody needs to get slapped.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#22EoinPosted 12/10/2012 4:06:36 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Eoin = PWND

He has been defending Germany on this board for days....

There is no defensible reason for Nintendo putting themselves in a position where German law has to apply to all of Europe. It is beyond belief that people think Nintendo should escape any blame for this.
#23AwesomeOSaucePosted 12/10/2012 4:08:11 AM
Eoin posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Eoin = PWND

There is no defensible reason for Nintendo putting themselves in a position where German law has to apply to all of Europe. It is beyond belief that people think Nintendo should escape any blame for this.

yeah lol I was just joking ;D
you were actually they only one that was writing stuff that made sense these past few days.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#24LordBowserPosted 12/10/2012 4:08:42 AM
Buretsu posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Well, so much for GTA V ever coming to the Wii U along with multiple other 18+ Games

You do realize that it doesn't stop the Wii U from getting 18+ games or stop people from playing 18+ games whenever they want, right? Or that it only applies to Europe, and not the entire world?

Xeeh bitz is a bad troll posting random s*** to annoy people. It doesn't make sense, it's not supposed to, he just wants you to respond to him because he loves the attention it brings to his pathetic, meager existence.

He's a troll, ignore him.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#25IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/10/2012 4:11:21 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Eoin = PWND

It's the fanboys of this board, what did you expect...?
#26MetazoiddPosted 12/10/2012 4:13:19 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Eoin = PWND

Yeah, and he was rightfully doing so. How are PSN, iTunes, etc able to sell mature content at all times of the day, in Germany, yet Nintendo can't? This is classic PR spin, nothing more.

Lol yea PR spin mhmm.
#27BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 4:14:09 AM
Eoin posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Eoin = PWND

German servers, German laws. It's incredible that people think that Nintendo should carry all the blame for this.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#28FoppePosted 12/10/2012 4:15:44 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Nintendo needs to learn how to internet correctly >_<

Seriously they need to fire whoever handles their online network and servers and try to get some young guys that used to work for Microsoft, Sony, Steam etc.... that know what the f*** they are doing.

A smart company would:

Let just block IP consoles from Germany to access this content so then we follow their laws. BUT for all other European countries that are not so uber conservative lets allow them to not have these restrictions just like PSN, Steam and XBL.

But a company like Nintendo does:

>our servers are in Germany?
>we have an online shop
>well lets comply to German law and censor for all European countries where this law doesn't apply derp!
>just for fun lets not do this in Japan or North America.

>_< somebody needs to get slapped.

He should at least be praised for not applying these rules for Japan and NA.
Think of the storm that would have caused.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#29squatch22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:17:15 AM
Buretsu posted...
Eoin posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Eoin = PWND

German servers, German laws. It's incredible that people think that Nintendo should carry all the blame for this.

Its Nintendo. They like to blame them for everything.
Id bet the trolls would blame them for WW2 and JFK if they could.
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#30mcsmellingtonPosted 12/10/2012 4:19:01 AM
Buretsu posted...
Eoin posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
Eoin = PWND

I think the point is that if these are the kind of restrictions that Nintendo are going to be under, they need to move their servers or whatever it is that's causing the problem.

It's just bad business. They say they want to recapture the 'core' gamers, but things like this reinforce their 'kiddy' image, it obviously has affected people due to the multitudes of complaints, and surely having everyone cram onto the servers between 11 and 3 is going to put unnecessary pressure on the infrastructure.

I can't see it being a problem at the moment, but if they want any exclusive download tittles, then it'll be an issue.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington