Nintendo confirms German law to blame for Europe-wide Wii U eShop 18+ content re

#61EoinPosted 12/10/2012 5:10:59 AM(edited)
GigaVolts posted...
I remember yesterday when you were saying it is all Nintendo's fault and not the German Law.

Now it is Nintendo's fault because of the law? Nintendo of Europe is in GERMANY. That is why this happened.

I have never said it was "all" Nintendo's fault - that's a plain and simple lie on your part. My posts on this are all still available - you could have checked for yourself what I actually said, but instead of doing so, you chose to lie.

I have always said the same thing: there is no reason why German law needs to be applied across all of Europe. Any attempt to suggest otherwise is incorrect. Nintendo are to blame for their over-reaction to German law.

On any reasonable network, German law would be irrelevant outside Germany. I have given, in several posts, across several topics, multiple methods by which Nintendo could achieve this.

GigaVolts posted...
Why do you and icetroll insist on being stupid?

Nice personal insult. This is why I prefer not to deal with you - you're unable to handle a rational conversation, as witnessed by the fact that you cannot for even a moment entertain the notion that Nintendo should bear some of the blame for this (or actually anything else).
#62pikachupwnagePosted 12/10/2012 5:01:23 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I do wonder why the rules are different for 3DS... it's almost as if this law was made up just for the Wii U! Or maybe this is just PR spin, sad.

Looooooooooooooooooool
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#63IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/10/2012 5:08:26 AM
Yep, Nintendo could easily have an IP filter that says "Hey, this is a German IP... sorry the rules are rules can't purchase these games until later" as opposed to making it a blanket for all of EU. Guess that's the lazy Nintendo way though :/
#64LinetrixPosted 12/10/2012 5:15:38 AM
Worst version of games? Lazy devs.
Pathetic battery life? You can play with it wired, stop complaining.
Ridiculous decision about mature games? It's this single country's laws that are affecting an entire continent.

Nintendo is never guilty of anything.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#65IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/10/2012 5:16:26 AM
Ridiculous decision about mature games? It's this single country's laws that are affecting an entire continent.

Don'tcha know it
#66Newbie00Posted 12/10/2012 5:33:16 AM
So why do Sony + MS never run into this problem?

Nintendo.. always looking to blame others. Typical.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#67Helmsly2008Posted 12/10/2012 5:53:07 AM
Linetrix posted...

yup, the NDF are pathetic.
#68RhinoStregaPosted 12/10/2012 5:54:20 AM
Really, why should nintendo care? To all the people saying this will damage sales. You cant be more wrong. Digital sales are very, very small percentage. I cant believe you can really say it will hurt. One of the dumbest things i ever heard.
---
Monster Hunter is awesome.
#69jsb0714Posted 12/10/2012 5:56:54 AM
Yeah, there's a quite a bit a strange with that issue. Still, I have to LOL at all the trolls pretending that they even had the slightest interest in the European market until they found an "issue" they could troll all over.

Now let's see how many trolls will claim to be in Europe or claim that a significant number of European gamers come to this site.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#70Helmsly2008Posted 12/10/2012 6:04:17 AM
RhinoStrega posted...
Really, why should nintendo care? To all the people saying this will damage sales. You cant be more wrong. Digital sales are very, very small percentage. I cant believe you can really say it will hurt. One of the dumbest things i ever heard.

Nintendo are aiming to make Digital sales a lot bigger with this console, with the day and date releases of full Wii U games. I live in the UK and its frustrating to have something like this.

If I want to download a game with an 18+ rating I have to wait until the hours of 11pm to 3am? What if someone has work the following morning, are they supposed to stay up or set an alarm for them to be able to wake and just to download a title? Nintendo SHOULD care because its stupid and could be easily avoided by simply making the server detect your region via an IP address. But no, when it comes to Nintendo, lets just give them a free pass because Nintendo can do no wrong! yay!