The best console for multiplats

#1ADHDguitarPosted 12/10/2012 4:16:25 AM
http://tech2.in.com/news/gaming/gabe-newell-confirms-plans-for-steam-box-gaming-console/631652

Yeah, that just happened.

Thoughts?
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 4:18:34 AM
A) It's Valve, so don't expect it for another 2 or 3 years
B) Isn't the Ouya kind of the same thing?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3FoppePosted 12/10/2012 4:23:38 AM
A PC running Steam that you may or may not be able to upgrade is suddenly a console?
Can't we already do that?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/10/2012 4:23:47 AM
Huh, neat. Wonder how they are going to handle upgrades as PC games do get more demanding as time goes on.
#5BuretsuPosted 12/10/2012 4:25:37 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Huh, neat. Wonder how they are going to handle upgrades as PC games do get more demanding as time goes on.

Knowing Valve? They'll make and release a second model some time later... and then never actually get around to delivering a third.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6Poopcorn13Posted 12/10/2012 4:28:40 AM
Good for Valve. Might pick that up and replace my xbox for that. I wonder how far they'll drive for first party console-exclusives.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#7TeremeiPosted 12/10/2012 5:14:16 AM
Not in the least bit interesting. If I wanted to use my TV as a monitor I'd hook up my current PC to it. Secondly, I never have and never will buy anything from steam. I buy all my games at gog, Soon as I download it, it's mine. Don't need a disc, don't need to be online, just click on my little growing collection of game icons to play whatever whenever.
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#8TeremeiPosted 12/10/2012 5:16:09 AM
And anyway, the 360 is the best console for multiplats and unless something drastically changes 720 will be also. Atleast with 720 you'll get halo and forza as exclusives. Watch them try to make halflife 3 exclusive to their system until it utterly fails and then release it multiplat.
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +