Maybe it isn't so bad that the Wii U will be underpowered in a few years.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 12/10/2012 7:11:54 AM
I don't play the Wii U to play multiplats, I play it to play damn Nintendo games (something that there has been a lack of though) and I sure as hell won't see any of those pop up on a Nextbox or Playstation Omni.
#2_DARKAMBITION_Posted 12/10/2012 7:21:35 AM
This is the stupidest thing I have read on this board, and that is saying a lot.

It is possible for a console to not be underpowered and still get good Nintendo first party titles, no?

I think the nintendo fanboy mentality works a little bit like this:
WOAH USEFUL FEATURE MISSING? DIDNT WANT IT ANYWAY
---
GT: PabloHoneyy SSF4: GEN, Zangief, El Fuerte, Vega, everyone else.
#3GM_Posted 12/10/2012 7:22:46 AM
_DARKAMBITION_ posted...
This is the stupidest thing I have read on this board, and that is saying a lot.

It is possible for a console to not be underpowered and still get good Nintendo first party titles, no?

I'm glad you'd rather spend $700 on a Wii U than $299
#4vyseskiesPosted 12/10/2012 7:24:39 AM
beign at the top of technology has a hig cost. Nintendo is smart and and sell "weak" systems easily, thanks mostly to their 1st parties. Low cost, good profit.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#5KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 7:25:04 AM
_DARKAMBITION_ posted...

This is in no way the stupidest thing you have read on this board, filled with weaboos who think that every American game is crap, thinking that a 50 year old that hasn't done jack **** in 6 years still has good ideas for games, I am simply saying that I play Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, that is what most people here do, I actually feel quite offended by your post good sir.
#6GencoilPosted 12/10/2012 7:26:01 AM(edited)
Gaming should only be for the rich. Everyone else can scram because they're not part of the elite. 'Cause money is what determines who's hardcore.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#7KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 7:25:50 AM
vyseskies posted...
beign at the top of technology has a hig cost. Nintendo is smart and and sell "weak" systems easily, thanks mostly to their 1st parties. Low cost, good profit.

Actually the Wii was only weak because "HD gaming will never catch on" and "Online gaming will never catch on"
#8TheApd_ReturnsPosted 12/10/2012 7:30:02 AM
GM_ posted...
_DARKAMBITION_ posted...

itt: wii u can only ever cost $300 or $700, for the purpose of justifying fanboy arguments.
#9nonexistingheroPosted 12/10/2012 7:30:44 AM
Limits encourage creativity. Problem with the Wii was that its limits were pretty much the same as the generation before it as far as graphical capability goes. And studios would seriously have to be incredibly dumb f***s to only develop for the most powerful console(s). Why? Because since the start of generation 7 more than 100 development studios have gone bankrupt, including a good amount that have been around for quite a while too. Development costs for high-end games are expected to significantly rise as well (as much as 2 times more on average), up to the point that only the few largest developers can actually afford it.

So to be honest, I have a hard time imagining 3rd party studios not developing for the Wii U, but instead only Sony's and MS' 8th gen consoles.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10SolisPosted 12/10/2012 7:45:29 AM
GM_ posted...
_DARKAMBITION_ posted...

I'd rather spend $299 on a system that's not underpowered than $299 on a system that is.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review