Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#1RahzarXPosted 12/10/2012 8:35:21 AM
http://kotaku.com/5966860/gabe-newell-living-room-pcs-will-compete-with-next+gen-consoles

"He also expects companies to start selling PC packages for living rooms next year—setups that could consist of computers designed to be hooked up to your TV and run Steam right out of the gate. And yes, Newell said, they'd compete with next-gen consoles from companies like Microsoft and Sony."

When all your console offers is PC ports, you'd better be ready when the PC comes to the living room...

RIP Durango and Omni.

Nintendo is the only company left that can offer us real gaming that you can't get anywhere else.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2GranzonExPosted 12/10/2012 8:37:52 AM
I welcome this. PCs are eternal. If a game is on the PC it will never disappear. When a console is discontinued the only way to preserve the games would be through emulation, and well you can't do that when the consoles are super powerful.
---
caps
#3ADHDguitarPosted 12/10/2012 8:39:25 AM
GranzonEx posted...
I welcome this. PCs are eternal. If a game is on the PC it will never disappear. When a console is discontinued the only way to preserve the games would be through emulation, and well you can't do that when the consoles are super powerful.

Well for older PC games you do need emulation. MS DOS for example...

PC's may be eternal, but OS's are not.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4MegagunstarmanPosted 12/10/2012 8:40:32 AM
Sony will still have exclusives.

But the multiplat machine M$ will put out is doomed.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#5TrueBlue91Posted 12/10/2012 8:40:34 AM
I disagree so you're a troll.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#6HungoverHero777Posted 12/10/2012 8:41:50 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
I disagree so you're a troll.

Tbh, that made me lol.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree: 11 Disagree: 0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#7kinglink13Posted 12/10/2012 8:41:56 AM
If Valve is releasing a console it will compete with all the big 3.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#8RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:43:58 AM
kinglink13 posted...
If Valve is releasing a console it will compete with all the big 3.

You can't compete with Nintendo... no matter what happens, people will always want the first party Nintendo titles. This has never changed. No other company has near the amount of a fanbase that the FP Nintendo franchises have. Nintendo can make consoles forever because their exclusives are just that, actually exclusive.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9JackalPosted 12/10/2012 8:44:46 AM
I already have a PC hooked up to my TV that can play games. So I don't need a Wii U, right? Wrong! Monster Hunter isn't on my PC.

Consoles may go away someday but not yet. Constantly having to patch PC games is one of the reasons that I play console games. But even they are getting patches now. But at least you are forced to make hardware upgrades just to play a game that you have been playing for years.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#10GranzonExPosted 12/10/2012 8:44:52 AM
GranzonEx posted...

Well for older PC games you do need emulation. MS DOS for example...

PC's may be eternal, but OS's are not.

As long as Linux sticks around we'll be alright.
---
caps