Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#11RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 9:46:05 AM
Jackal posted...
I already have a PC hooked up to my TV that can play games. So I don't need a Wii U, right? Wrong! Monster Hunter isn't on my PC.

Consoles may go away someday but not yet. Constantly having to patch PC games is one of the reasons that I play console games. But even they are getting patches now. But at least you are forced to make hardware upgrades just to play a game that you have been playing for years.

That wasn't my point, you can't get Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Luigis Mansion, etc anywhere else, ever. That's why Nintendo is a mainstay in the gaming console business.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#12bond465Posted 12/10/2012 9:46:54 AM
I love Xbox but I'd buy this 100%. Depends on controller I guess
#13JackalPosted 12/10/2012 9:47:26 AM
I don't play any of the game series that you just mentioned. THEY should be finished. :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#14poo111111111111Posted 12/10/2012 9:48:29 AM
I can't get half of my games to play on the PC (Dungeon Keeper, Rollercoaster Tycoon etc.) so I gave up on it.

Can't find Beasts and Bumpkins at all either :/

At the moment I got a decent enough computer that I don't really wanna buy a Valve one. I never use it much for games anyways. Steam, UPlayer and the EA one just annoy me so much since I need to install them to play certain games.

I'm sure there's people who love them, and good on them. I just prefer to have a console for gaming and a PC for the odd strategy/sim game that is too awkward to run on the consoles and for Office/Internet stuff
#15MegagunstarmanPosted 12/10/2012 9:49:26 AM
bond465 posted...
I love Xbox but I'd buy this 100%. Depends on controller I guess

It's a PC, so you can use almost any controller you want.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#16RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 9:49:51 AM
poo111111111111 posted...
I can't get half of my games to play on the PC (Dungeon Keeper, Rollercoaster Tycoon etc.) so I gave up on it.

Can't find Beasts and Bumpkins at all either :/

At the moment I got a decent enough computer that I don't really wanna buy a Valve one. I never use it much for games anyways. Steam, UPlayer and the EA one just annoy me so much since I need to install them to play certain games.

I'm sure there's people who love them, and good on them. I just prefer to have a console for gaming and a PC for the odd strategy/sim game that is too awkward to run on the consoles and for Office/Internet stuff

The point of the Steambox is that it will run anything available on it, just like a console. A PC that you don't need to worry about requirements? Yes please.

Nintendo and Steam can make consoles until the world collapses.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#17GeassMasterPosted 12/10/2012 9:50:37 AM
RahzarX posted...
kinglink13 posted...
If Valve is releasing a console it will compete with all the big 3.

You can't compete with Nintendo... no matter what happens, people will always want the first party Nintendo titles. This has never changed. No other company has near the amount of a fanbase that the FP Nintendo franchises have. Nintendo can make consoles forever because their exclusives are just that, actually exclusive.

If Europe is any proof. NIntendo's exclusives aren't cutting it anymore.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#18RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 9:51:47 AM
Jackal posted...
I don't play any of the game series that you just mentioned. THEY should be finished. :)

That sucks man, some of the best games in existence. If you can't get into Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pikmin, I'm not sure how you enjoy anything...

Mario - Platformer
Zelda - Action/Adventure
Metroid - FPS and Sidescrolling shooter
Pikmin - RTS and Adventure

Try out some more Nintendo titles, as a gamer, it's impossible not to enjoy their offerings.
---
#19RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 9:53:27 AM
GeassMaster posted...
RahzarX posted...
kinglink13 posted...
If Valve is releasing a console it will compete with all the big 3.

You can't compete with Nintendo... no matter what happens, people will always want the first party Nintendo titles. This has never changed. No other company has near the amount of a fanbase that the FP Nintendo franchises have. Nintendo can make consoles forever because their exclusives are just that, actually exclusive.

If Europe is any proof. NIntendo's exclusives aren't cutting it anymore.

Europe unfortunately, is the bane of the gaming community. North America and Japan are where the sales happen. It's probably because of the cost of gaming over there.
---
#20DerekRossPosted 12/10/2012 9:54:39 AM
Why isn't wii u ever considered next gen, not even by Gabe?