Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#111thisranksPosted 12/10/2012 1:53:31 PM
RahzarX posted...
kinglink13 posted...
If Valve is releasing a console it will compete with all the big 3.

You can't compete with Nintendo... no matter what happens, people will always want the first party Nintendo titles. This has never changed. No other company has near the amount of a fanbase that the FP Nintendo franchises have. Nintendo can make consoles forever because their exclusives are just that, actually exclusive.

The lack of 3rd party support is why i stopped buying Nintendo consoles after GC. Only blind bats and fanboys don't realize it. 1st party alone doesn't cut it anymore unless you have extra money to buy a console for that reason alone.

When Nintendo consoles starts getting Atlus games like the Persona/SMT games then i'll be happy to check back with them, otherwise it looks like Sony is more deserving of my money. Of course, i am replying to an obvious Nintendo fanboy so the facts will more than likely be ignored.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#112Virtue777Posted 12/10/2012 1:57:53 PM
Xeeh, you're still doing a great job trolling lol. I can't believe how many people you've baited into arguing with you. The Guild Wars 2 board misses you bro. Though I'm glad you decided to grace the Wii U board with your magnificent troll performances haha. And I'm not being sarcastic, I really do think you're a pretty good and entertaining troll. Don't ever stop.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#113OctilIeryPosted 12/10/2012 2:02:33 PM
Shame that just like the Wii, the Wii U is going to be massively behind its generation technology-wise, thus inhibiting companies from making proper ports and warding off third party support.
---
Joyrock
You disregard human or civil rights, you don't have an opinion worth respecting. Gay marriage should be legal.
#114thisranksPosted 12/10/2012 2:05:29 PM
RahzarX posted...
http://kotaku.com/5966860/gabe-newell-living-room-pcs-will-compete-with-next+gen-consoles

"He also expects companies to start selling PC packages for living rooms next year—setups that could consist of computers designed to be hooked up to your TV and run Steam right out of the gate. And yes, Newell said, they'd compete with next-gen consoles from companies like Microsoft and Sony."

When all your console offers is PC ports, you'd better be ready when the PC comes to the living room...

RIP Durango and Omni.

Nintendo is the only company left that can offer us real gaming that you can't get anywhere else.

I quoted this because of that last sentence. Here's an example of how Nintendo offered me real gaming. I bought both the PS2 and GC. I own 20 GC games and 260 PS2 games.

I've been with Nintendo since the NES. Eventually i saw the writing on the wall, and the fact is Nintendo game libraries as a whole are a joke compared to the other consoles and PC.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#115CrimsonAtomskPosted 12/10/2012 2:12:30 PM
thisranks posted...

When Nintendo consoles starts getting Atlus games like the Persona/SMT games then i'll be happy to check back with them, otherwise it looks like Sony is more deserving of my money. Of course, i am replying to an obvious Nintendo fanboy so the facts will more than likely be ignored.

I hope you realize nintendo systems have been getting more atlus games lately... Devil Survivor 1 and 2, SMT:soul hackers... and the next main series game SMT 4

And even non smt series like code of princess and the etrian odysseyseries
---
3DS: 3093 7076 5768
PSN: Crimson_Atomsk
#116R2BDSiPosted 12/10/2012 2:14:43 PM
It's certainly going to be interesting. Microsoft is still betting big on Halo, Gears, some downloadable independent developed games, Kinect, and non-gaming media applications. Despite the fact that the console has been maxed out for 3 years now, which explains the pixelated games. Sony actually still has a legit reason, there cell still hasn't been fully maxed, can run PC games without breaking much of a sweat, and the standard Blu-Ray Disc unlike Microsoft's dated DVD-Rom Disc can handle a lot on one disc. I think the next generation consoles will be the last big leap, which by then 4-D perspective is discovered.
#117teehee23Posted 12/10/2012 2:23:23 PM
This is very bad news for Wii U.
Developers will be less likely to put Call of Duty games on Wii U because they always sell worse on Nintendo consoles and this guarantees that GTA5 will not be on Wii U.

Nintendo's 1st party games alone must keep Wii U afloat now and 3rd party devs have probably already switched to Steam box over Wii U.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#118SuperturkeysPosted 12/10/2012 2:28:17 PM
Vicious7 posted...
Superturkeys posted...
Call me when the new Zelda game shows up on a PC. I'll send you a cookie for being right..

Ever heard of an emulator?
Now where's my cookie?

I meant developed for. Ever tried to play Skyward Sword on an emulator? I've tried. It sucks.
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#119MasterLink2012Posted 12/10/2012 2:37:37 PM
Please no. PC Gaming is stupid :/
#120OctilIeryPosted 12/10/2012 2:41:00 PM
MasterLink2012 posted...
Please no. PC Gaming is stupid :/

It's the best form of gaming, like it always has been.
---
Joyrock
You disregard human or civil rights, you don't have an opinion worth respecting. Gay marriage should be legal.