Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#141GranzonExPosted 12/10/2012 4:50:39 PM(edited)
RainingMetal posted...
I thought the PCs were always a powerful party.

Not that I'm particularly too aware of. They may have Minecraft, and a couple of MMOGs, but that's kind of it.

Also, if you play a DVD-ROM disc game on a PC, by the time you're done, you'll have to buy an entirely new PC to get up to specs. Not to mention that while a console you only have to buy once costs a couple hundred bucks, a new PC will set you back over a thousand dollars. Maybe thousands of dollars.

Most expensive parts of a budget computer:

1. Full Windows
2. Monitor
---
caps
#142MetazoiddPosted 12/10/2012 4:56:05 PM
RahzarX posted...
poo111111111111 posted...
I can't get half of my games to play on the PC (Dungeon Keeper, Rollercoaster Tycoon etc.) so I gave up on it.

Can't find Beasts and Bumpkins at all either :/

At the moment I got a decent enough computer that I don't really wanna buy a Valve one. I never use it much for games anyways. Steam, UPlayer and the EA one just annoy me so much since I need to install them to play certain games.

I'm sure there's people who love them, and good on them. I just prefer to have a console for gaming and a PC for the odd strategy/sim game that is too awkward to run on the consoles and for Office/Internet stuff

The point of the Steambox is that it will run anything available on it, just like a console. A PC that you don't need to worry about requirements? Yes please.

Nintendo and Steam can make consoles until the world collapses.

And that could be where it could fail. What will be available on it? Games made just recently? Games from the past two years? 5? One of the huge appeals of PC is that you can get almost any game from the 80s until now to run on it, some require more tweaks than others but it's possible.
#143GranzonExPosted 12/10/2012 4:59:20 PM
Steam box would just be like 720/PS4, a machine set at a fixed configuration so devs will have a target to hit.
---
caps
#144GranzonExPosted 12/10/2012 5:02:28 PM
And you know the beauty of PC games? They are scalable.
---
lol opinions
#145TheFlamingCPosted 12/10/2012 5:02:43 PM
Microsoft will need to change their game plan if this comes to pass. I think it'd be pretty cool to have computers that are easily TV ready.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#146MetazoiddPosted 12/10/2012 5:04:12 PM
TheFlamingC posted...
Microsoft will need to change their game plan if this comes to pass. I think it'd be pretty cool to have computers that are easily TV ready.

I'm not sure what makes this TV ready and my PC not when all you need is an HDMI cable....
#147GenoPosted 12/10/2012 5:07:37 PM
TheFlamingC posted...

That's really what consoles are right now. Computers that are TV ready. That's why people these days love 'em, 'cause they're too lazy and stupid to set up a normal computer. Always take the path of least resistance and you never grow as a person.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#148strongo9Posted 12/10/2012 5:17:33 PM
Lol at how misinformed people about PC gaming.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#149TVirusPredatorPosted 12/10/2012 6:08:54 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Are you the same idiot who was crying about Dark Souls 2 being called Dark Souls 2? IT makes sense that you would be a Nintendo nuthugger. Pathetic one at that.

1) No, I'm not that guy. I don't even know who you're talking about, but I haven't even set foot in the Dark Souls community.

2) Why did you put the word "it" in all capitols? I admit, there were some times when I put a word in all caps for the purpose of emphasis, but that begs the question: Why would you put emphasis on "it"?

3) I may be a Nintendo fanboy, I'm not ashamed to admit it, but with all the great consoles and games they've released, I think I'm right to be a fanboy. But how exactly am I a pathetic one?

4) ...this wasn't even directed at me, was it?
---
"I get by in a world with no conscience by shouting it out and being anonymous. And the problem is, you're just like me." - Three Days Grace
#150Vicious7Posted 12/10/2012 6:11:14 PM
Metazoidd posted...
I'm not sure what makes this TV ready and my PC not when all you need is an HDMI cable....

And a gfx card that has hdmi out ;)