Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#151Retroxgamer0Posted 12/10/2012 6:11:22 PM
i cant play the next metal gear solid on the pc. /topic
#152MetazoiddPosted 12/10/2012 6:12:19 PM
Vicious7 posted...
Metazoidd posted...
I'm not sure what makes this TV ready and my PC not when all you need is an HDMI cable....

And a gfx card that has hdmi out ;)

Lol, don't most these days?
#153GeneStarwindPosted 12/10/2012 6:17:56 PM
I would totally pick this up and back Nintendo. I have been saying for a long time now that most of the games that interest me on the PS360 are released on PC anyways, which is why I stick to PC gaming. Nintendo on the other hand has the games that I love and do not ever get released on PC.

Gonna be a PCWiiU gen for this guy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/Rivaling-that-of-Super-Puters
#154mjc0961Posted 12/10/2012 6:24:04 PM
RahzarX posted...
When all your console offers is PC ports, you'd better be ready when the PC comes to the living room...

Where have you been for the past 5-6 years? Consoles don't get PC ports, PC gets console ports. Only a select few developers, like Valve themselves, actually make proper PC games and then port them over to console. Even id made Rage for 360 as the lead platform and poorly ported that s*** over to PC. And I can't count how many of these crap ports don't have even the smallest amount of effort put into them. Most of them don't even have a damn option to disable mouse acceleration, you have to edit the INI files to turn it off. And forget crap like Bullestorm where you can't even properly map the keyboard controls.

So when all your living room PC offers is console ports, you'd better be ready when your living room PC ends up being a "sits on store shelves PC" instead.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#155mjc0961Posted 12/10/2012 6:24:52 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
I disagree so you're a troll.

Tbh, that made me lol.

Yeah, if GF had a like button, I would use it on that post.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#156teehee23Posted 12/10/2012 6:25:28 PM
Topic is ridiculous and desperation.
The Xbox360 platform pulled in 1.2 BILLION dollars at retail in November alone and that's more than any other console in a single month.

http://majornelson.com/

Steam box means less 3rd party support for Wii U. Microsoft will offer whatever incentives to 3rd parties that Steam does and the Xbox brand already has a 70 million user installed base.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#157MetazoiddPosted 12/10/2012 6:28:10 PM
mjc0961 posted...
RahzarX posted...
When all your console offers is PC ports, you'd better be ready when the PC comes to the living room...

Where have you been for the past 5-6 years? Consoles don't get PC ports, PC gets console ports. Only a select few developers, like Valve themselves, actually make proper PC games and then port them over to console. Even id made Rage for 360 as the lead platform and poorly ported that s*** over to PC. And I can't count how many of these crap ports don't have even the smallest amount of effort put into them. Most of them don't even have a damn option to disable mouse acceleration, you have to edit the INI files to turn it off. And forget crap like Bullestorm where you can't even properly map the keyboard controls.

So when all your living room PC offers is console ports, you'd better be ready when your living room PC ends up being a "sits on store shelves PC" instead.

I don't know about this either. I think it'll flop hard.
#158HugsAllAroundPosted 12/10/2012 7:04:41 PM
Nintendo and MS will be fine. Sony's days are numbered.
#159lukaselfPosted 12/10/2012 8:56:24 PM
Still, I'm proud to see that what started as a mere troll topic slowly evolved into constructive criticism.

I slowly lost interest into nintendo consoles, since they seem to launch so many each year. Why bother buying a console now, if they release a WiiU lite, and 6months later a WiiU Xl, or worse a "3DU"? Sega followed the same route and crashed, releasing overpriced one-shot accessories. They were literally "bleeding consoles" at that time.

Only thing that is different is that Nintendo have a bigger cashflow and may "bleed" for longer.
#160Geminia999Posted 12/10/2012 9:03:10 PM
So does this mean no Steam on Wii U rumor that was floating around several months ago.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should