Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#161RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:08:42 PM
TheFlamingC posted...
Microsoft will need to change their game plan if this comes to pass. I think it'd be pretty cool to have computers that are easily TV ready.

That's what I think is in motion as we speak. I think that the reason this generation is taking so long is that Microsoft and Sony have no idea where to go next. They keep throwing experiments out there like Kinect and Move and they clearly missed the mark. Microsoft seems to want to shove Kinect down our throats and Sony ... did they abandon Move? Legitimate question, I've not read much on Move support or seen any advertising lately.

Perhaps Microsoft has seen the error in Kinect and is now trying to reinvent the wheel to compete in the next generation providing more than just quality graphics.

I can't imagine Sony and Microsoft putting out two consoles with graphical updates even if the improvements are massive. There's just not enough substance to great graphics to make everyone jump on board, at least I think..
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#162amonte64Posted 12/10/2012 8:10:57 PM
There's way more I can say to why many people will still buy a PlayStation and/or Xbox, but one reason I want to mention is, many, many will never go digital only. :)
#163RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:13:38 PM
amonte64 posted...
There's way more I can say to why many people will still buy a PlayStation and/or Xbox, but one reason I want to mention is, many, many will never go digital only. :)

People said that about so many technological upgrades over history. Do you think if forced to go digital only, the gaming industry would collapse?

I'm just curious. I feel like I have to justify everything I say so as to not come off as trolling.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#164zender1999Posted 12/11/2012 5:38:00 AM
digital only will not work for consoles
#165Metalsonic66Posted 12/11/2012 9:05:20 AM
RahzarX, Bioshock Infinite and Dust 514 are both going to support Move. Stranger's Wrath HD and Okami HD also support it, and Portal 2 just got a patch that lets you use it in single player and co-op, plus a port of the Razer Hydra DLC from PC. LBP Karting supports it, but only with the racing wheel attachment, which is also going to be usable in Burnout Paradise IIRC.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
#166RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 8:41:20 AM
zender1999 posted...

I think we'll be looking back at this comment in 5 years and wondering why we didn't think it was possible.

Digital only is going to become standard...
---
#167zender1999Posted 12/12/2012 8:46:06 AM
RahzarX posted...
zender1999 posted...

I think we'll be looking back at this comment in 5 years and wondering why we didn't think it was possible.

impossible, we have bandwith caps, size of games is increasing, 1 game eats all the monthly cap

also drm and other funny business from publishers make digital purchasing on console a failure at least for big titles

i see good only form small cheap games and pc, on consoles it will never replace a physical copy
#168RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:15:57 AM
zender1999 posted...
RahzarX posted...
zender1999 posted...

impossible, we have bandwith caps, size of games is increasing, 1 game eats all the monthly cap

also drm and other funny business from publishers make digital purchasing on console a failure at least for big titles

i see good only form small cheap games and pc, on consoles it will never replace a physical copy

1 game eats your whole cap? When I had a horrible provider my cap was 80GB and even then... one game is only around 8gb.

Caps are going to increase to where infinite bandwidth service is the norm. It's already the norm in certain countries.

I think you're looking at the future of the internet in a very 90's way. The internet is going to become so standard that infinite caps and high speeds will be as cheap as tap water.
---
#169wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/12/2012 10:04:57 AM
RahzarX posted...
zender1999 posted...

well, it's a f***ing travesty.
---
it's simple. just be nice.