Wii U is now the last surviving console. MS and Sony are finished.

#71Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/10/2012 10:59:08 AM
Baha05 posted...
Yeah I don't think Microsoft will be doomed by this. Sony ehhh they're failing on so many areas that I'm surprised they are still managing.

I personally don't want to see it because I'm concerned it'll deprive PC gaming even more than it is now. If developers focus more on the Valve Box, it'll leave the more higher end PCs to rot as they've practically been doing for awhile now. Consoles always holds PCs back and if now a PC is a console so to speak, it's even going to become even more true. With more focus on the valve box than other hardware on the market

I don't care what happens to consoles, just I see it having a negative impact on PC game development more than anything.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#72MizakoPosted 12/10/2012 11:00:04 AM
If we have a PC (with or without linux) with Steam installed, what is the point of this Steambox ?

I don't think that I need more than my "PC with Steam/Nintendo System" Combo.
#73Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/10/2012 11:02:38 AM
Mizako posted...
If we have a PC (with or without linux) with Steam installed, what is the point of this Steambox ?

I don't think that I need more than my "PC with Steam/Nintendo System" Combo.

Gabe trying to make money, he believes it'll revolutionize PC gaming by getting more people into it.

Living Room Gaming for the PC, I don't think he's aware of Alienware selling similar devices
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#74OrangeSchweesePosted 12/10/2012 11:03:11 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I use to have a 360 controller for my PC, but the piece of crap died on me and now I'm having to buy a new one since it's really the only thing with actual in game support now a days

Lol. I'm pretty sure if I still had my SNES controllers, they'de work fine, whereas the 360 controllers are some of the most unreliable POS ever made. Especially the battery. Anyways, I'd recommend getting a Madcatz. It's just as good and seems to be sturdier. The only problem is that it's wired, but it's worked out pretty well for me.
#75Baha05Posted 12/10/2012 11:04:29 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Gabe trying to make money, he believes it'll revolutionize PC gaming by getting more people into it.

Living Room Gaming for the PC, I don't think he's aware of Alienware selling similar devices

Honestly Gabe needs to just release Half-Life 3 to make money. Do we even know how much Valve is worth now wit the introduction of Steam?
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#76Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/10/2012 11:04:33 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I use to have a 360 controller for my PC, but the piece of crap died on me and now I'm having to buy a new one since it's really the only thing with actual in game support now a days

Lol. I'm pretty sure if I still had my SNES controllers, they'de work fine, whereas the 360 controllers are some of the most unreliable POS ever made. Especially the battery. Anyways, I'd recommend getting a Madcatz. It's just as good and seems to be sturdier. The only problem is that it's wired, but it's worked out pretty well for me.

Will the madcatz show up as a 360 controller tho? I'm not a fan of the controller emulators
---
#77OrangeSchweesePosted 12/10/2012 11:05:40 AM
^Yep.
#78Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/10/2012 11:06:31 AM
Baha05 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Honestly Gabe needs to just release Half-Life 3 to make money. Do we even know how much Valve is worth now wit the introduction of Steam?

Forbes did some study on him actually, Gabe's worth around 1.5 billion, which is half the value of Valve/Steam, according to Forbes anyway
---
#79Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/10/2012 11:07:35 AM
OrangeSchweese posted...
^Yep.

Awesome, cheaper as well.. and I don't care about wired thats all I use anyway.. not like I need a wireless controller when I'm like 3' from my pc
---
#80Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 12/10/2012 11:08:19 AM
Consoles won't die because they have almost always effectively been cheaper, less useful PCs. They're simpler, you don't have to upgrade them for years (7+, for example) and still be able to play games that are coming out. I don't see consoles being replaces exclusively by PCs for a long while.

In other words, the people that already use a PC for gaming will continue to do so, and those that already use consoles to game will... continue to do so. There will be slight variation when considering "People who have always wanted to but haven't had the money," but that's a small demographic. I myself am quite fond of PC gaming - in fact I refuse to play most strategy games (unless turn based) on anything but PC. But even if I got a brand spankin' new top-of-the-line gaming PC, I'd still play my Xbox a lot.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am. - http://tinyurl.com/bestgfaqstopic
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers