Holy cow, Darksiders II has phenomenal art direction and music

#1Phange 2Posted 12/10/2012 10:02:47 AM
I am totally taken aback by how amazing the production values are.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#2megax11Posted 12/10/2012 10:05:19 AM
The music on it is quite good, especially in the opening level.

I owned the 360 version before this version, and let me say this -

Lossless audio (Wii U) > Dolby Digital 5.1 (360). Everything sounds so much clearer on the Wii U version.

Framerate is also better as well. I noticed hiccups on the 360 version when playing through the opening level, but in the same spots on Wii U, it's gone.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#3Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 10:06:56 AM
I dunno, the frame rate in large open areas seems pretty bad...
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#4JackalPosted 12/10/2012 10:11:21 AM
I think that echoes what Digital Foundry was saying. I have the PS3 version but I never finished it. They need to figure out that just because you made the areas larger doesn't mean that makes them better.

I got bored with the game and that silly weapon eating stuff. I might complete it some day.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#5RahzarXPosted 12/10/2012 10:13:40 AM
lol, enjoy your menu.

When you get to the third large area, the developers forgot to add enemies and some textures, it's pretty laughable. The game completely drops off the graph at this point. They made 75% of a game.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6JackalPosted 12/10/2012 10:20:36 AM
On the Wii U version? I hadn't heard anything about this. That's like the whole Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver incident where they left out the last third of the game but didn't tell the gamers before they sold it to everyone. We were all trying to find the Vampire Queen, I think, only to find out weeks later that it wasn't even in the game. The devs finally fessed up. :(
---
#7RahzarXPosted 12/10/2012 10:22:01 AM
Jackal posted...
On the Wii U version? I hadn't heard anything about this. That's like the whole Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver incident where they left out the last third of the game but didn't tell the gamers before they sold it to everyone. We were all trying to find the Vampire Queen, I think, only to find out weeks later that it wasn't even in the game. The devs finally fessed up. :(

No, on every version. They rushed the title out for whatever reason.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#8VanillaXpCPosted 12/10/2012 10:22:19 AM
Sad that you'll likely never see another Darksiders.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9JackalPosted 12/10/2012 10:27:24 AM
RahzarX posted...
Jackal posted...

I've never heard of this before. Are there any YouTube videos of this? I'll check. Someone would have posted this type of fiasco.
---
#10RahzarXPosted 12/10/2012 10:30:16 AM
Jackal posted...
RahzarX posted...
Jackal posted...

I've never heard of this before. Are there any YouTube videos of this? I'll check. Someone would have posted this type of fiasco.

It's not gamebreaking but..

You need to play to the point in the game to understand, there's a 100% noticeable lack of effort at the third area. Quests begin to just say go here get this 3x and then do the same for 2 other people, move on. The enemies are sparse, the textures seriously are poor, it's like the areas were given a quick paint job.
---