So who owns more than just nintendo consoles?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So who owns more than just nintendo consoles?
3 years ago#71
Outside of Nintendo consoles, I own a PS2 and 360. Don't have the WiiU yet, but plan on getting it when I can (and when there are more in stock around me).
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
3 years ago#72
GoombaX posted...
cavebear56 posted...
I own many consoles and a PC.

No company loyalty here, strictly in it for the games.

speaking of which you gettin neverwinter

I may.

I actually completely forgot about that game. I have enjoyed most of the games Cryptic have worked on and do love Neverwinter (1, 2 with MotB being one of my favorite expansions ever made).

Thanks for the reminder.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
3 years ago#73
Every Sony console except Vita (so far).
PSN: TheUndying84
3 years ago#74
I own a gaming PC.

I've never really been into playstations, but I did buy a Playstation 2 for a special purpose several years ago. That special purpose being to play FFXI, since I really wanted to play an MMORPG at the time, and my PC couldn't handle it. I would say it was a waste of money (given that I only bought the playstation 2 for it, and bought a harddrive with it, and that the game itself was terrible), but honestly, some of the best gaming memories I have are from this games fantastic community, which is sadly now dead.

I do plan on eventually buying some other games of course, but I never got around to it. I did buy God of War, Final Fantasy 7 (and 9, but the disc was f'd up and I didn't bother to fix it. Protip: never use Ebay. Ever.), and a few other classics.

I bought an Xbox after it had been out for a while and loved it. I bought an Xbox 360 and its community has gone downhill by the day. I don't care for its exclusives either, and I highly doubt I'll be buying nextbox in the future. I do appreciate its online support though, and it does have some decent arcade games. It's not a waste, but only barely.

For the longest time, I didn't own a decent gaming PC, but 2 years ago(ish) I decided to bite the bullet and buy a $1000+ gaming PC. It has been an amazing purchase and I have gotten a ton of use from it.

I have been a Nintendo gamer my entire life. Their first party exclusives alone have always been worth it. I don't know what else there is to say that isn't already all over the board and you already know. I am a big fan of Nintendo, I always have been and always will. (unless they really screw around with me, which isn't going to happen)

I have bought all generations of Nintendo's American consoles and handhelds and none of them have truly let me down. I even own a virtual boy.

I was a small fan of Sega as well. I bought a Sega Genesis back in the day and several games. I also bought a gamegear and a Nomad (portable Sega Genesis). Both of the latter were a waste of money. The Dreamcast, however, was amazing and I am proud to own one. That system had an amazing library and was the first ever to truly go online.

---

A few things to point out. I never really have gotten a chance to give PS3 a try. It looks like it has a decent library, but I didn't want to buy a third console just for them since I owned an Xbox 360, so I never did.

I own a Wii U. Obviously. And I love it so far.

I am not buying the nextbox unless Microsoft makes some big changes, and frankly... they won't. I can't see myself buying it. Their exclusives are underwhelming and the console itself is unimpressive and boring. I hate its community with an utter passion these days. The only reason I could fathomably buy one is to connect with my friends, and I doubt even that will make me do it.

I don't hate Microsoft. I don't even really hate the Xbox franchise. I am just unimpressed with its exclusives, and I don't like its community. I love Windows XP and Windows 7.

If I buy a second console this generation (frankly, it's unlikely), it will be the Sony's console I'm sure. I am probably going to stick with my gaming PC for the majority of multiplatformers that play better on it, Wii U for its exclusives and games that play better (or more enjoyably) on it, and avoid the Nextbox.

My two coins.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
3 years ago#75
I have everything.
3 years ago#76
PS: I've never owned a sony handheld, and likely never will. One handheld is enough for me, and at my age I honestly don't play them much either. I own it less for its portability, and more for its exclusive games. To be completely honest, there is a good chance I won't be buying any more handhelds period. I fear I may have actually outgrown them. I hope not, though.
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
3 years ago#77
Wiiu + Gaming PC + Ps3 here, I dont like 360 but if others do good for them :)
*Gets on his knees and worships Beth Phoenix*
Wrestling,TV,Movie.games and much more reviewed and discussed here : http://xpound.proboards.com/
3 years ago#78
I own an Atari 2600 (actually, I have 3 of 'em! Only one of 'em works though... ) and owned a Sega Genesis... Does that count?

It's just a little to expensive for me to own multiple gaming consoles right now, especially when there's very few games that interest me on 'em. Between Nintendo's consoles and handheld, I generally get all the gaming that I could possibly need anyways. :)
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
3 years ago#79
All Nintendo systems except for this generation (with the exception of Xbox). Unfortunately I never owned a PS2 (bad mistake) but Sony is nice enough about releasing HD collections so I can get my Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank/God of War/Devil May Cry fix. I don't have a 360 because Halo doesn't interest me anymore and any of the games on that console I can also get on the PS3 or PC.

Plan to get a Wii U later next year when the game lineup fills up a bit more.
3 years ago#80
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
I own an Atari 2600 (actually, I have 3 of 'em! Only one of 'em works though... ) and owned a Sega Genesis... Does that count?

It's just a little to expensive for me to own multiple gaming consoles right now, especially when there's very few games that interest me on 'em. Between Nintendo's consoles and handheld, I generally get all the gaming that I could possibly need anyways. :)

Oh yeah, I have an atari 2600 also in storage somewhere with a decent library of games. Most likely, though, it will never be touched again, as hooking it up is nearly impossible.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So who owns more than just nintendo consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived