can you play Wii games on the gamepad?

#41JuanZoloPosted 12/10/2012 9:33:24 PM
QlJGamer posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
QlJGamer posted...
I want to know what Wii game he was talking about through?? Wii Sports.... Wii Sports on the GamePad?

I specifically mentioned the ****ing CCP in the OP. if you actually read what what I wrote, you might have picked that up. obviously I'm not expecting to play Skyward Sword on the pad. I was asking about games you can use the Classic Controller Plus for, like Xenoblade or SSB Brawl

The answer is NO. you cant play wii games on the Wii U game-pad. DEFEATS the purpose of call it Wii U GamePad not Wii GamePad.

LOL shake my heads you cant even use all the Wii Controllers on MOST Wii games but you can use the GamePad?!?!?? I am done so upset.

You suck. You also have anger problems, and I don't like you.

Anyway, No TC, you cannot play wii games on the gamepad. That would be an awesome feature, but at least it has backward capability!
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#42godslayer61Posted 12/10/2012 9:34:43 PM
QlJGamer posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
QlJGamer posted...
Question was so stupid, I used the wrong examples.

No it's not a stupid question, most other systems that have backwards compatibility have the means to use the system's controllers for the older software. This can be done through different means of emulation. It's just the way they chose to handle the backwards compatibility in the Wii U which switches the system to a "Wii Mode" on which the newer controller can't be used. Not knowing that, it's completely understandable why someone would ask the question.

You're taking knowledge you know (the fact that system switches to another mode) and assumed that the TC also knew it in your attempt to discredit his question and call it stupid.

No No NO. Use your brain, The Wii Game Physical Disc put into the Wii U and your going to use the GamePad with a Screen to play the Wii game. Common knowledge about the Wii or Wii U would tell you they are too different to work>??

I want to know what Wii game he was thinking of playing on the GamePad. And how its it possible was he going to swing the GamePad around.

What about Mario Galaxy maybe we can play that on the screen EVEN through the Wii Remote and Nuckles works not even the classic controller.

heres a few u moron re 0 and 1 and alot more that u can use the clasic wii gamepad on.So stop being all high and mighty he asked a valid question. no other system that had backwards play forced you to go buy a controler for there old system.i know some games wont work cause u need the wii mote but were talking about the other ones smart ass,
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975
#43Banjo2553Posted 12/10/2012 9:44:50 PM
The games weren't programmed to play on the GamePad, so no. You're restricted to Wii only controllers.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#44EternalWolfPosted 12/10/2012 10:15:21 PM
All they needed to do was install drivers for the GamePad on the Wii OS for it to work, something that would have been extremely easy to do. Obviously games that require motion controls wont work or at least work properly, but anything that supports the Classic Controller should work flawlessly on the GamePad. They could even add a simple banner on the GamePads screen and maybe even some basic functions, such as Wii Menu/Reset etc...

There is zero reason for the Wii-U Pro Controller not to be backwards compatible, that is pathetic no matter how you look at it. These controllers arent backwards compatible for one reason and one reason only, to push sales of the original controllers. In time, this is fixed via a very, very simply firmware update that includes the drivers so its not to big of a deal. But right now Nintendo is just milking consumers as much as they can, there is no other way to look at it.

This isnt emulation. This isnt some engine or recreation of a product that is hard to integrate. This is simply a small, easy driver update/installation and no more. Its no different than using a 360 controller on a PC. To make it even simpler than that, just look at the GamePad or Wii-U Pro controller as a third party controller for the Wii, which they easily could be(at least the Pro, there would be little reason for someone to make a GamePad for the Wii since no games would make use of the screen).
---
As We Go...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m82zjm.jpg
#45KidHeartBreakPosted 12/10/2012 10:55:01 PM
EternalWolf posted...
All they needed to do was install drivers for the GamePad on the Wii OS for it to work, something that would have been extremely easy to do. Obviously games that require motion controls wont work or at least work properly, but anything that supports the Classic Controller should work flawlessly on the GamePad. They could even add a simple banner on the GamePads screen and maybe even some basic functions, such as Wii Menu/Reset etc...

There is zero reason for the Wii-U Pro Controller not to be backwards compatible, that is pathetic no matter how you look at it. These controllers arent backwards compatible for one reason and one reason only, to push sales of the original controllers. In time, this is fixed via a very, very simply firmware update that includes the drivers so its not to big of a deal. But right now Nintendo is just milking consumers as much as they can, there is no other way to look at it.

This isnt emulation. This isnt some engine or recreation of a product that is hard to integrate. This is simply a small, easy driver update/installation and no more. Its no different than using a 360 controller on a PC. To make it even simpler than that, just look at the GamePad or Wii-U Pro controller as a third party controller for the Wii, which they easily could be(at least the Pro, there would be little reason for someone to make a GamePad for the Wii since no games would make use of the screen).

I was thinking the same thing, as I stood in BestBuy holding a Wiimote. I thought to myself why do I have to pay for this again...? Why can't I just use the Gamepad! I finally walked out without buying one with hope that Nintendo implements something in a future update to make this possible.
---
GT: Major So Lucky
Nintendo Network ID: HeartBreak