Video Review: Nintendo Land

#1paleselanPosted 12/10/2012 8:38:26 PM
I've already submitted my written review of Nintendo Land to Gamefaqs. But, for those too lazy to read, I've got a video review to watch as well. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUBC2EXjSKU
#2nonexistingheroPosted 12/10/2012 9:11:31 PM
Not bad, most certainly better than most video reviews. I find that a ton of amateur video reviewers take waaay too much time to do them (10+ minutes) and a lot of them don't have the resources to make good video (resulting in shoddy off-screen camera work). And you actually showed off parts relevent to what you were telling. A few tips though:

- Be careful with what you say. It's fine to say that Nintendo Land has enough depth to cater to the more traditional Nintendo crowd, but you made it seem like it's as must-have for them. Let viewer decide whether the game is for them or not.
- Take breaks, interact the video like that. Use pauses to show off what's necessary. Mention something, then take 5-10 seconds to show off some footage in the game that represents it. The review doesn't need to be a neverending stream of words and sentences.
- Be more objective. The game has flaws, but I dont remember any clearly being mentioned. Stuff like how the single & multiplayer also have different content available should also be mentioned. Is it worth it as a single player only game? Stuff like that. It's important for people to know.
- Specific to Nintendo Land... talk more about the hub world. Just about every review seems to neglect it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 9:17:55 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Not bad, most certainly better than most video reviews. I find that a ton of amateur video reviewers take waaay too much time to do them (10+ minutes) and a lot of them don't have the resources to make good video (resulting in shoddy off-screen camera work). And you actually showed off parts relevent to what you were telling. A few tips though:

- Be careful with what you say. It's fine to say that Nintendo Land has enough depth to cater to the more traditional Nintendo crowd, but you made it seem like it's as must-have for them. Let viewer decide whether the game is for them or not.
- Take breaks, interact the video like that. Use pauses to show off what's necessary. Mention something, then take 5-10 seconds to show off some footage in the game that represents it. The review doesn't need to be a neverending stream of words and sentences.
- Be more objective. The game has flaws, but I dont remember any clearly being mentioned. Stuff like how the single & multiplayer also have different content available should also be mentioned. Is it worth it as a single player only game? Stuff like that. It's important for people to know.
- Specific to Nintendo Land... talk more about the hub world. Just about every review seems to neglect it.

Thanks for the feedback, it's really valuable. I'm happy you enjoyed the review. I'll make sure to keep more breaks in mind for the future. And now that I look back on it, this review has quite a bit less critique then most of my other reviews. So, I'll make sure to keep that in mind as well.

As for the hub world, it's pretty irrelevant. I talked about embellishing it through pachinko, but there's not much else to say about it. The hub world is simply there, and is useless since you can simply skip around from attraction to attraction.

Thanks for watching and for the feedback!
#4paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 4:25:01 AM
Any other feedback?
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 12/11/2012 4:34:27 AM
Solid review. I haven't put much time into Nintendo Land because I thought it would basically be the Wii Sports of this system. But it looks like a lot more effort went into it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:59:10 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Solid review. I haven't put much time into Nintendo Land because I thought it would basically be the Wii Sports of this system. But it looks like a lot more effort went into it.

It's definitely a lot better and a lot deeper than Wii Sports.
#7paleselan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 5:11:32 PM
One last bump