anyone hoping to see a more fierce return of nintendo players choice games?

#1paiprPosted 12/11/2012 10:53:14 AM
they got around to it really late in the game with the wii (and honestly i dont know to what extent it was even used) but i personally really hope to see a return of players choice games.

games that sold well really well got to be discounted. it be great to see that back. sure chances are you already bought the game if its on the players choice list, but still it was nice to see these games that you enjoyed getting awarded some recognition. not to mention that little bit of pride you had owning a non-players choice copy of a players choice game. not to mention if you had played the game so avidly that the cartridge (or disc) no longer works properly its great to get your beloved game back at a discount.

with the 59.99 price tag of many wii u games, i think a players choice list with 29.99 games would be great, and perhaps for a few that were cheaper from the get go, or perhaps even for games that just sold super well a 19.99, or 24.99 price tag.

so anyone else miss players choice? hope to see it back? which launch games do you imagine could show up as our first players choice games if it did come back.
---
PSN ID; paipr_christian
pokemon black2; paipr 3783 6958 3247
#2AdamLazarusoPosted 12/11/2012 10:55:39 AM
It's the only way that Nintendo games will ever get a price drop so I'd be pretty happy for it.

Speaking of which, why don't Nintendo ever drop the price of their games? Do they just think/know that they'll sell anyway or is there another reason?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#3lazycomplifePosted 12/11/2012 10:55:59 AM
I'd rather see a price drop than have the cover art ruined with players choice labeling.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643
#41shadetail1Posted 12/11/2012 11:10:11 AM(edited)
AdamLazaruso posted...
Speaking of which, why don't Nintendo ever drop the price of their games? Do they just think/know that they'll sell anyway or is there another reason?

Most of their first-party games keep selling well years after release. This is particularly true for the big names like Mario and Zelda. They could drop the price, but they don't have to to keep them selling, and this way the profit is even bigger.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#5DTY3Posted 12/11/2012 11:11:50 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
It's the only way that Nintendo games will ever get a price drop so I'd be pretty happy for it.

They might drop the price if the game is poorly received.

*glances at Other M*
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#6paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 1:50:05 PM
the sad thing is how price drops are divided. interesting thing someone told me about stores like walmart and target, when they offer sales on games (versus price drops) the game companies take the hit first before the stores do.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#7rahxephon122Posted 12/11/2012 2:20:34 PM
Speaking of other M,
I got it new for $10 last Friday. >_>

Inb4"itsnotevenworth$10"
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#8nilesthebravePosted 12/11/2012 2:22:21 PM
paipr posted...
the sad thing is how price drops are divided. interesting thing someone told me about stores like walmart and target, when they offer sales on games (versus price drops) the game companies take the hit first before the stores do.

Walmart buys the game from the game company then marks it up...how would the gaming company take the hit after they already have their money?
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#9LordBowserPosted 12/11/2012 2:28:21 PM
Games' prices drop as the demand decreases.

For games like SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMBW, their demand lasts years and years, much longer than games that get yearly or bi-yearly sequels like the majority of FPS for other consoles.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!