So.. every game handles saves in a different way?!

#1RomanticWaluigiPosted 12/11/2012 11:55:49 AM
Nintendo Land: There is only one file. It's automatically created for every user. However, you can select your mii during games so high scores are distinguished in that way. Who you are logged in as determines who you post on miiverse as.

NSMB U: There's only one main file that shares challenges. However, there are three separate save files for the main game that everyone can access.

Sonic Racing: Now this is the one I don't like but I can see why people will like it. The game has a completely different save file for each user. After playing with me on my file, my brother logged into his NNID and the game treated it like the game was being played for the first time. I don't like this because I like progressing together. He does some challenges and I do some and it all counts towards one thing, like Nintendo Land, that's what I like. Any way around this?

Call of Duty: Now I like this one and wish sonic was like this. When my brother joins, it asks for his NNID and all his stats etc carry over to our game. In other words, we are both logged in to our NNID and neither of us are guests.

So.. with every game handling saves/files differently, what do you like or not like, and do you think we will get a universal system?

I hope in Smash/Kart we can log in individually to our NNID like in CoD so that when we play online together both our stats upgrade, rather than one of us being a guest (Like in MKWii)
---
End of post.
#2Virus66Posted 12/11/2012 12:05:48 PM
RomanticWaluigi posted...
I hope in Smash/Kart we can log in individually to our NNID like in CoD so that when we play online together both our stats upgrade, rather than one of us being a guest (Like in MKWii)

That's pretty much the only thing I like about XBL is the ability to log in under multiple accounts on the same console, regardless of the game you were playing. PS3 lacked that feature in 99% of its games too. The only game I knew that supported that was LittleBigPlanet.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#3RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 12:08:13 PM
Virus66 posted...

That's pretty much the only thing I like about XBL is the ability to log in under multiple accounts on the same console, regardless of the game you were playing. PS3 lacked that feature in 99% of its games too. The only game I knew that supported that was LittleBigPlanet.

That's also what I liked when I used to play CoD on the 360. But, paying for XBOX live individually is just ridiculous. A house only needs one internet connection, one phone line, so why do I need to purchase three Xbox lives for all three of us to play? It's way too much. And because I almost always play online with my brother, its put me off. But yeah, its a great feature without that.
---
End of post.
#4Virus66Posted 12/11/2012 12:09:34 PM
That's Microsoft for ya, nickle and dimeing you for their online service... complete with ads on every tile you go through!
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#5RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 2:51:23 PM
Bump
---
End of post.
#6Reverted_PikkonPosted 12/11/2012 3:27:03 PM
You guys are delusional if you hate Xbox Live. Everything is so easy to do on there. Nintendo will never catch up. They're too naive about online communication..

They STILL don't have a Nintendo Network to link a single account and purchases across consoles and handhelds.

Its inexcusable. But I'm loving my WiiU bunches. <3
---
It is midnight now... The fog has set in...
#7RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 3:49:24 PM
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
You guys are delusional if you hate Xbox Live. Everything is so easy to do on there. Nintendo will never catch up. They're too naive about online communication..

They STILL don't have a Nintendo Network to link a single account and purchases across consoles and handhelds.

Xbox live is good for what it is, but NOT if you play with others locally. Your second paragraph for example.. I think its crazy that my brother can't play games that ive purchased even though we are on the same Xbox. Does microsoft expect us to not only have multiple Xbox lives, but buy the same game multiple times?

Anyway this topic isn't about Xbox live...
---
End of post.
#8thatguyoncheesePosted 12/11/2012 3:57:49 PM

Xbox live is good for what it is, but NOT if you play with others locally. Your second paragraph for example.. I think its crazy that my brother can't play games that ive purchased even though we are on the same Xbox. Does microsoft expect us to not only have multiple Xbox lives, but buy the same game multiple times?

Except they can play anything you originally bought on that console.. and if you bought it on a different one just transfer the licenses.. so yeah you're wrong

btw its 100$ a year (8.33 a month) for 4 xbox live accounts.. even with only 2 accounts it'd be worth it. but best value obviously with 4 accounts
#9RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 4:02:45 PM
thatguyoncheese posted...

Except they can play anything you originally bought on that console.. and if you bought it on a different one just transfer the licenses.. so yeah you're wrong

btw its 100$ a year (8.33 a month) for 4 xbox live accounts.. even with only 2 accounts it'd be worth it. but best value obviously with 4 accounts

Umm.. The songs I downloaded on lips and guitar hero don't show up unless my account is logged in.
---
End of post.
#10RomanticWaluigi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 4:02:30 AM
Bump
---
End of post.