Fanboys who claim that Graphics don't matter really piss me off.

#51AkaneJonesPosted 12/11/2012 9:56:46 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
inb4longlistofmediocreWiigames

Screw that one game Radiant Historia, a DS game no less.
#52promo123Posted 12/11/2012 10:01:50 PM
Why would I want all third party games on all three consoles? It sounds like the only thing that would keep you happy is if two of the three consoles died out and then every game ever was made for one console.
---
Current favourite band: Blind Melon
#53stargazer1981Posted 12/11/2012 10:02:41 PM
Gameplay > Art style > Sound design >>>>>>>>>>> Graphical fidelity.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#54Unbridled9Posted 12/11/2012 10:23:57 PM
The problem with claiming that 'graphics matter' is that it spits in the face of games that were good that came from a time when 16 bits were considered 'amazing'. The simple fact is that there are LOTS of good games that existed before today's high-def and there are even more games that were fun that don't push our consoles to the limits. Yes, having more graphical power means things look better and more can be done, but to claim or act as if superior graphics are the be-all, end-all is stupid and insulting.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#55TalentedMPosted 12/11/2012 10:32:17 PM
Graphics matter... But only to a certain point. I don't think anyone really says they never matter... Because that would be silly. It is like saying looks don't matter to a person, but it is mutual attraction to one another that initiates the interaction. Same for videogames. If you don't like the face of the game, you might not like it at all.

A few games where I know graphics don't matter and gameplay is key:

Hotline Miami
Super Meatboy
FTL
Retro City Rampage

These games are hella fun (especially Hotline Miami) and the graphics are more of a style choice than anything allowing the gameplay to take the reigns. Gameplay>Graphics. The game could be 2 pixels that jump around, but as long as the pixels jump and they jump in fun and different ways I will play the hell out of it.

(I see the future of gaming as indie games though. So my opinion may be more bias)
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#56AerodarPosted 12/12/2012 12:15:02 AM
Nintendo doesn't need Great graphics. They have a more cartoony aspect. Do you really want to see a real human like Mario? like wtf leave it alone.

I like ps3 and wii but come on you kids focus too much on the graphics these days and failed to start off with a system like NES, or Sega back in the day. We need everything but graphics in this day because games aren't as great anymore as they used to be thanks to people like you and your whining.
---
"It is what it is."
#57pancakegr8Posted 12/12/2012 12:25:52 AM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Wall 'o text. lol

No way I'm putting my eyes through that punishment.

Nah. even I read the whole thing and I'm not a very fast reader :l

The real wall o' text is all the posts in the topic :l.... .
---
I apologize if I am in error...
#58_LordAndSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:32:51 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Really? I enjoyed a lot of those "horrible" Wii games far more than AAA dribble.

Visuals matter. 3rd party support matters.

Raw graphical realism? Eh, not so much.

I agree with this 100% and was not saying anything to the contrary.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#59_LordAndSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:36:39 AM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...
and before you start listing all the "great" games the Wii had, don't even bother I played most of those games and most of them are horrible let along average.

You lost ALL credibility right here. Let's see I would list:
Mario Galaxy ~ Amazing
New Super Mario Bros. Wii ~ Average
LoZ: Twilight Princess ~ Amazing
LoZ: Skyward Sword ~ Amazing
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Amazing
Kirby's Epic Yarn ~ Horrible one of the worst Nintendo First Parties I've ever played
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Didn't play.
Metroid Prime 3 - Great game.
Metroid: Other M - Didn't play.
Donkey Kong Country Returns - I thought it was alright.
Fire Emblem Radient Dawn - Couldn't get into it, but I don't like the genre.
Xenoblade Chronicles - Great game.
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - Horrible game, I literally hated this one. One of the worst games I've ever played.
And that is just some. If you are going to try and tell me that most of these games are "horrible let (alone) average" then I have 0 respect for your opinions on video games.

Thats my opinion, how do you feel about me now?
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
#60_LordAndSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:39:39 AM
Unbridled9 posted...
The problem with claiming that 'graphics matter' is that it spits in the face of games that were good that came from a time when 16 bits were considered 'amazing'. The simple fact is that there are LOTS of good games that existed before today's high-def and there are even more games that were fun that don't push our consoles to the limits. Yes, having more graphical power means things look better and more can be done, but to claim or act as if superior graphics are the be-all, end-all is stupid and insulting.

However, did I say that?
---