Other M sold almost double Corruption in Japan?

#1Jack_the_monke7Posted 12/11/2012 9:50:30 PM
Looking at top selling Wii games and I noticed something surprising. Apparently Metroid Prime 3 sold 0.07m in Japan and Other M sold 0.13m in Japan. I think this is interesting. Despite what the people of gamefaqs would have you think it was a generally well-reviewed game and sold over a million copies.
#2Banjo2553Posted 12/11/2012 9:51:33 PM
I think .13m would mean it didn't sell over a million copies, unless I'm missing something.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#31shadetail1Posted 12/11/2012 9:53:53 PM
Anyone who understands Japanese gamers would not be the least bit surprised by this. First-person action games do *NOT* sell well over there, while third-person story games do. So of course Other M would do better than Prime 3 in Japan.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/11/2012 9:57:33 PM
Also there's the miscommunication. Retro thought Samus was supposed to be like Bobba Fett, which was completely wrong but they weren't told until Prime 3.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#5IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 10:00:20 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Anyone who understands Japanese gamers would not be the least bit surprised by this. First-person action games do *NOT* sell well over there, while third-person story games do. So of course Other M would do better than Prime 3 in Japan.

Explain the recent Call of Duty sales over there, please.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6AlustarPosted 12/11/2012 10:15:45 PM
Maybe the Wii's massive install base helped sell more copies of other m too. Prime 3 came out pretty early in the Wii's life, just a thought. I liked Prime 3 more but I had fun with Other M. I just hated how all of Samus' masculinity was removed in Other M.
#7P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 12/11/2012 10:17:06 PM
Alustar posted...
Maybe the Wii's massive install base helped sell more copies of other m too. Prime 3 came out pretty early in the Wii's life, just a thought. I liked Prime 3 more but I had fun with Other M. I just hated how all of Samus' masculinity was removed in Other M.

I think jumping on enemies faces and kicking the crap out of everything was more impressive, but that's just me.
---
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Samurai Warriors 3DS
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#8IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 10:27:12 PM
Don't pay any attention to PANDA, he is the one Red Steel and Metroid Other M fanboy.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9BuretsuPosted 12/11/2012 10:30:22 PM(edited)
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Also there's the miscommunication. Retro thought Samus was supposed to be like Bobba Fett, which was completely wrong but they weren't told until Prime 3.

Yeah, people thought she was supposed to be a badass, but Other M made it clear that she was supposed to be a weak, immature, emotionally-damaged submissive little girl.

Is it any surprise that it's the second worst selling Metroid game?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#10STN79Posted 12/11/2012 10:30:42 PM(edited)
I saw Other M in the walmart bargain bin for 20 bucks a few days ago. Couldn't believe my eyes.
Such a high profile Nintendo release shoved off in the nobody wants it box. I really liked the game but I guess overall it wasn't too well liked by most. The Prime games felt more grand in scale if that makes any sense. I mean they were more polished and actually felt more like Metroid than Other M did. Plus as far as music goes the Prime games had much better soundtracks.