I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#11DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:42:48 PM
Because in terms of content, Call of Duty offers more than the competition at the same price while NSMBU offers a little more or sometimes LESS than games that cost only 20% of its price...

What shooters have more than Call of Duty? Whether you like the gameplay is irrelevant, they spend a lot of money delivering more to their fanbase for each iteration. Compare Modern Warfare 2 to Black Ops 2. Completely different game, campaign isn't remotely similar style anymore and has lots of upgrades and the extensive zombie mode is pretty damn impressive. Replays have been added along with a theatre mode and the traditional multiplayer is decked out.

Its contemporaries are Halo, Battlefield, Uncharted, Killzone and Resistance, none of which come close to delivering as much content except Halo.

NSMBU on the other hand is competing with $10-$20 games and often comes out behind them in graphics, gameplay and originality. I have no idea why a beautiful and interesting game like FEZ is considered $50 less than NSMBU when its a better game.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#12MathewMansonPosted 12/11/2012 10:44:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13StealthlysPosted 12/11/2012 10:44:31 PM
b1gt0ne posted...
If Madden qualifies......
#14AXKSIONPosted 12/11/2012 10:45:33 PM
This is a NSMB remake / port in HD, so how doesn't it qualify?
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#15OtakuGameraPosted 12/11/2012 10:46:01 PM
i'll be honest, both call of duty and mario dont deserve 60$, the only reason they are is because they know people will still buy them regardless.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#16ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:46:44 PM
Nothing qualifies as a $60 game.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#17IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 10:46:56 PM
Madden has no contemporaries as they own the NFL license, all competitors that try and make a game end up folding out
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#18Wiiplayer111Posted 12/11/2012 10:47:13 PM
Latebraker posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Nintendo is really causing the industry to stagnate.

I've noticed some errors in your post.

Care to elaborate? He at least explained his claim.

The company that offers three forms of controls classic, steaming touch screen, and motion is causing the industry to stagnate? The company that has the best colors, music, platforming physics, and polish is causing stagnation?

Now if we're strictly talking NSMBU let me refer you to point number two.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#19DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:48:38 PM
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

Zombie Mode is dramatically different and my favorite improvement.

Multiplayer actually has a crapload of refinements.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#20ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:50:16 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

Zombie Mode is dramatically different and my favorite improvement.

Multiplayer actually has a crapload of refinements.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Your name suits you.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2