I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#171PechabusterPosted 12/12/2012 10:06:26 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Pechabuster posted...

Your logic about opinons being opinons already make that argument moot. Who the hell cares about your preference if SC was good or not. And lmao at deserving. That's completely not up for you to decide and who knows, maybe people hate SC more than NSMB. Nothing wrong with that anymore than I can say your tastes are horrible for preferring CoD over HL. I can say that Madden DESERVES to be sold as 10$ because it has nonsense plot and repetitive gameplay and DESERVES to be sold at less price than the Ace Attorney games with all its incredible story and unique game experience

No HL I like. I don't like HL2 EPISODES. But even if I don't like HL2, my tastes would still be just fine. CoD is a great series for single player lmfao, especially the first CoD. This was before all the CoD hate started anyways, your just thinking in modern bandwagon terms. The majority of gamers who actually play more than that series know that CoD is a crap series that repeats itself every year even its own fans. At least the "bandwagonners" are experienced gamers. Mario haters on the other hand are all immature obnoxious teens who are still insecure enough that they pretend that Mario is too "kiddy" for them.

Ist pretty much a bad joke how people pretend CoD is actually a bad series and when questioned why, they give the dumbest answers. You want stagnation? Play HL2 episodes. They do way less than CoD does. But you probably haven't played either so you don't even know what the episodes are referring to.
Stupid assumption, I've played half life 2, half life 2 episode 1, and all the CoDs besides World at War and CoD2. CoD is garbage compared to Half life as (generally)anyone who has played both will testify

Also SC has nothing to do with MY opinion. It is critically considered an amazing game and the people who played it generally loved it.
Same with Half Life, the majority of gamers consider that game as the best FPS ever. HL2 was just crowned Best Game of the Decade in the Spike Awards, I heard. It revolutionzed FPS. Just because YOU don't consider Half Life one of the best FPS doesn't mean anything. (See how the tables have turned?) Many many people (who aren't middle school casuals) consider Half Life to be top quality FPS (and CoD not one)

In terms of visual quality and gameplay qualities, Mario has nothing on SC. Yet Mario commands a higher price point. The question is why, aside from the fact that it has a popular character in it.

Your opinion

#172DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:48:46 PM(edited)
Guesswhofoo2 posted...
After a generation of amazing 2D games like Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, Trine, Mark of the Ninja, Limbo, Braid and Rayman I do not know how NSMBU is suppose to be a $60 game.

The level design in comparison is so uninspired and bland. Gameplay is fairly repetitive and gimmicks are shallow. This is definitely not better than what we have had on XBLA and PSN for $20 or less.

I am a huge fan of 2D platformers but I think Nintendo is really causing the industry to stagnate. Essentially, people just buy this game because it has Mario in it while these amazing indie devs struggle to break a million even with much better games at lower price points. I feel like the dominance of Mario is really killing the success of truly great 2D gaming.

I see noobs on here all day praising the NES and SNES while most likely completely ignorant of the new wave of 2D games that when compared directly against old school counter parts, would put them to shame. People don't actually like these retro games, they just like the games they played when they were young. Can we put down the nostalgia and start giving new developers a chance? Can we start to see bigger sales for other 2D companies so that they can grow and deliver even bigger and more creative experiences in the future? Or is this another generation where all the brilliant 2D devs are going to be suppressed by the likes of Mario, DK and Kirby?

You forget a few amazing platformers on XBOX Live (Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man)

Anyway....because it is Mario. Just because it is 2-D doesn't mean it isn't worth $60

No, the lack of production value, essential functions or any qualities which brings it much above $10 games is what makes it not worth $60.

"The majority of gamers who actually play more than that series know that CoD is a crap series that repeats itself every year even its own fans. At least the "bandwagonners" are experienced gamers. Mario haters on the other hand are all immature obnoxious teens who are still insecure enough that they pretend that Mario is too "kiddy" for them."

LOL at this joker. Nintendo idiocy at its finest. Most people who play CoD are repeat customers who are obsessed with the series and don't post here. You guys will make up any stupid story to defend your precious Nintendo. If we've shown anything, the bandwagoners are often not experienced at all but because they don't have to prove anything on the internet, pretend they do and is often why they won't divulge their account information.

Also lol at the Mario haters. I haven't seen anyone in this topic say Mario is kiddy. You better put your helmet back on kid. Or are you just a habitual liar?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#173evecharmevePosted 12/12/2012 10:58:59 PM
It's MARIO, MARIO sells, That's all there is to.

People will rush out to the stores and buy mario games at full price anytime one comes out gladly.

Put it this way, You could pay hundreds of dollars to go see a big name like Ozzy, Aerosmith whatever play for a hour, or pay 20 bucks to go see some unknown bands play in some random field all day.

Mario is a fine steak, smb, splosionman is a cheeseburger.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#174DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 11:47:55 PM
evecharmeve posted...

People will rush out to the stores and buy mario games at full price anytime one comes out gladly.

Put it this way, You could pay hundreds of dollars to go see a big name like Ozzy, Aerosmith whatever play for a hour, or pay 20 bucks to go see some unknown bands play in some random field all day.

So essentially, the argument is that license >>>>>>>> gameplay and cost?
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#175PechabusterPosted 12/13/2012 12:01:52 AM

No, the lack of production value, essential functions or any qualities which brings it much above $10 games is what makes it not worth $60. By your logic that is our garbage opinion. Madden has much worse qualities than Ace Attorney yet it is 6 times its price. OMG MADDEN DESERVES TO BE TEN DOLLARS

"The majority of gamers who actually play more than that series know that CoD is a crap series that repeats itself every year even its own fans. At least the "bandwagonners" are experienced gamers. Mario haters on the other hand are all immature obnoxious teens who are still insecure enough that they pretend that Mario is too "kiddy" for them."

LOL at this joker. Nintendo idiocy at its finest.I main my Xbox360 these days you clown, and the only Nintendo game I'm playing recently is REmake.

Most people who play CoD are repeat customers who are obsessed with the series and don't post here.

How does that have any relevance? I said that of the people who detest CoD and there are so many of them. Everywhere even on youtube when people bring up examples of bad games they list CoD.

You guys will make up any stupid story to defend your precious Nintendo. If we've shown anything, the bandwagoners are often not experienced at all but because they don't have to prove anything on the internet, pretend they do and is often why they won't divulge their account information.
just like you lmao I expect nothing less from a CoD fanboy

Also lol at the Mario haters. I haven't seen anyone in this topic say Mario is kiddy. You better put your helmet back on kid. Or are you just a habitual liar?
Perhaps you should stop looking in the mirror
#176evecharmevePosted 12/13/2012 12:04:29 AM
evecharmeve posted...

ya pretty much.

Also remember how much a Star wars movie used to cost to buy on blu ray, or a lord of the rings movie now.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#177hydrocrushPosted 12/13/2012 12:06:44 AM
MathewManson posted...
muffinmasher posted...
Buretsu posted...
Hey, if Call of Duty qualifies, why not Mario?

---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#178GoombaXPosted 12/13/2012 12:07:20 AM
evecharmeve posted...

look at madden and call of duty.
hell look at other items in the real world, the Beats headphones are only 500 bucks cause they are produced by dr. dre
did you know he is a dentist?
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#179LordBowserPosted 12/13/2012 1:37:44 AM(edited)
Have you actually played NSMBU? Shallow levels? What is this s***? NSMBU is a breath of fresh air as far as platformers go, you just look at the title and assume it's a remake of the same game four times. What a joke. And you're saying that COD offers something unique when it's the exact same game each year with minor tweaks? Comedy gold, folks.

http://www.mooglecavern.com/gaf/SuperPaperMario-MessageBoards.jpg

Hell, notice how the TC doesn't have an NNID. Just another troll craving attention.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#180DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:34:57 AM
GoombaX posted...
evecharmeve posted...

look at madden and call of duty.
hell look at other items in the real world, the Beats headphones are only 500 bucks cause they are produced by dr. dre
did you know he is a dentist?

I don't play Madden but Call of Duty offers far more in terms of production value and content than the vast majority of its competition, something NSMBU cannot say for its competition that sells at a fraction of the price.

What is better than CoD? Battlefield? I don't think you guys are very familiar with the FPS genre. HL2 in comparison is a joke for content.

@Pecha

OMG a YOUTUBE VIDEO = 30 million + COD players! I mean, you saw it on YOUTUBE. What else needs to be said, RIGHT?
---