I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#181Godstriker8Posted 12/13/2012 1:46:58 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

Zombie Mode is dramatically different and my favorite improvement.

Multiplayer actually has a crapload of refinements.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Finally, someone calls out the nintendrones on their bull**** and says that BO2 has way more new content than the NSMB series did this year.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#182squatch22Posted 12/13/2012 1:50:13 AM
LordBowser posted...
Have you actually played NSMBU? Shallow levels? What is this s***? NSMBU is a breath of fresh air as far as platformers go, you just look at the title and assume it's a remake of the same game four times. What a joke. And you're saying that COD offers something unique when it's the exact same game each year with minor tweaks? Comedy gold, folks.

http://www.mooglecavern.com/gaf/SuperPaperMario-MessageBoards.jpg

Hell, notice how the TC doesn't have an NNID. Just another troll craving attention.

Yep. They do that
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#183DemonDog666Posted 12/13/2012 2:22:13 AM
Buretsu posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

Zombie Mode is dramatically different and my favorite improvement.

Multiplayer actually has a crapload of refinements.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Moving toward "future weapons and equipment" in Call of Duty is no different from moving towards different powerups in Mario. It doesn't change the content, only slightly changes the way you move through it. You're still moving between pop-up shooting galleries, shooting at waves of random terrorists in between waiting for your health to regen, and even then only occasionally when the game isn't running the player character through set pieces that somehow people don't realize is just turning the game into a movie you sometimes press a few buttons to advance.

CoD lives up to industry standards because those standards are crap. The industry is afraid to change and evolve, because it knows all the backwards people will always prefer the safe, boring option. You're right that the video game industry is stagnating, but there's no way to blame it on Nintendo when they're just riding the wave of endless sequels, remakes and reboots that's all any of the AAA developers feel safe enough to spend money on.

It's sad how you THINK something you yourself call a "yearly cash cow" changes even the slightest IOTA.

This COD is crap, Bioshock original and MAG are worthwhile shooters COD is not... though that said there aren't any 20 buck games with more content and better mechanics then COD unlike NSMBU
#184PlomiconPosted 12/13/2012 2:37:25 AM
Everybody is somebodies problem now, but not Mario, because he is number one.
---
nemosqish psn
nemosqish xbox live
#185Ronald442Posted 12/13/2012 3:00:13 AM

Yes your opinion was useless because you clearly don't know anything about those games. Super Meat Boy does a ton of stuff well. It is hard but it has tons of diversity in its levels and bosses and settings compared to NSMBU. The fact that you think SMB is only about difficulty shows you didn't get very far.

Trine only does one thing well? How is that any different from Mario who just mostly jumps? There is far more interesting scenarios in Trine than there is in Mario that require REAL cooperation, not just spamming the A button. The co-op of Mario in comparison is a joke compared to the design of Trine 2 and Trines levels are far more diverse again.

Nintendo fanboys think every little thing Nintendo does is amazing and thats the problem with the 2D industry right now that stops other amazing developers from rising.

Its hilarious to see all the people trying to make this out to be about CoD or other consoles which I don't even care to discuss. Its more hilarious when they clearly talk about games they haven't played.

I'm not saying that Nintendo games are perfect. I understand why you are frustated because when looking and sometimes even when playing the mario games, they do feel uninspired and like they are made just so they can get a quick buck.

Yes Trine has a 'deeper' and Super Duper Amazing Co-op experience, (Mario is just about annoying and bothering each other, which is still fun). Yes SMB challenges me more than Mario (For me the fun in super meat boy comes from its challange, you can't tell me otherwise).

But the thing is, I can play mario if I want to be challenged,if I just want to have some easy fun, if I have some friends over who don't necessarily want to have a thoughtful co-op experience. That is the brilliance of mario in my opinion.

You can disagree with me but that is how I play those games and you can tell me I look at them wrong or play them wrong or even don't appreciate them the way I should. but that is BS. People get out of games what they want. It is like saying that people who don't hunt for achievements are playing the game wrong.

And how exactly is nintendo's 'dominance' as it is called, stop other 2D games from Rising? There have been more great 2D games that have lots of success in the last 2 years than the whole PS2 era and the first half of the PS3 era combined. and I'm not counting the big ones: Kirby, DCKR, 2 different NSMB and Rayman Origins, which makes the succes of the indie ones all the more impressive)
#186PlomiconPosted 12/13/2012 4:02:42 AM
Add the letter K to the word money and your a monkey of all the things that set you free, companies apart from Nintendo are few and far between. If I'm ever to swill up and hit space on solar winds its the big N. I love Nintendo. theirs a song in that somewhere. Nintendo Power Died this year. EVAPORATED INTO A SOLE! each and everyone of us should have us a lie, its a lie we should fight and die for! OTHERWISE ALPHA GETS 45 of his lucky his and its who you die for! BUT WE ARE US! NINTENDRONES! There is no mercy here for the rest.
---
nemosqish psn
nemosqish xbox live
#187mcsmellingtonPosted 12/13/2012 4:06:54 AM
I agree with DesperateMonkey to be honest. Say what you want about CoD, at least each year they refine, build and improve. The jump from MW3 to BO2 was pretty big. They rewrote their online class set up, added choices and consequences to story mode, and included a ton of new equipment.

NSMBU really doesn't even come close. It's just not acceptable, and the comments by sites like Giant Bomb show that people aren't as willing to blindly buy Mario games as they used to.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#188DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 5:05:24 AM
squatch22 posted...
LordBowser posted...
Have you actually played NSMBU? Shallow levels? What is this s***? NSMBU is a breath of fresh air as far as platformers go, you just look at the title and assume it's a remake of the same game four times. What a joke. And you're saying that COD offers something unique when it's the exact same game each year with minor tweaks? Comedy gold, folks.

http://www.mooglecavern.com/gaf/SuperPaperMario-MessageBoards.jpg

Hell, notice how the TC doesn't have an NNID. Just another troll craving attention.

Yep. They do that

Actually, I already posted my NNID... fanboys are pretty desperate and its not surprise they don't actually read topics, they just read topic title and go on defense mode. Of course being mindless sheep is the exact issue being addressed in this topic so its kind of ironic.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#189DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 5:15:51 AM
Ronald442 posted...

Yes your opinion was useless because you clearly don't know anything about those games. Super Meat Boy does a ton of stuff well. It is hard but it has tons of diversity in its levels and bosses and settings compared to NSMBU. The fact that you think SMB is only about difficulty shows you didn't get very far.

Trine only does one thing well? How is that any different from Mario who just mostly jumps? There is far more interesting scenarios in Trine than there is in Mario that require REAL cooperation, not just spamming the A button. The co-op of Mario in comparison is a joke compared to the design of Trine 2 and Trines levels are far more diverse again.

Nintendo fanboys think every little thing Nintendo does is amazing and thats the problem with the 2D industry right now that stops other amazing developers from rising.

Its hilarious to see all the people trying to make this out to be about CoD or other consoles which I don't even care to discuss. Its more hilarious when they clearly talk about games they haven't played.

I'm not saying that Nintendo games are perfect. I understand why you are frustated because when looking and sometimes even when playing the mario games, they do feel uninspired and like they are made just so they can get a quick buck.

Yes Trine has a 'deeper' and Super Duper Amazing Co-op experience, (Mario is just about annoying and bothering each other, which is still fun). Yes SMB challenges me more than Mario (For me the fun in super meat boy comes from its challange, you can't tell me otherwise).

But the thing is, I can play mario if I want to be challenged,if I just want to have some easy fun, if I have some friends over who don't necessarily want to have a thoughtful co-op experience. That is the brilliance of mario in my opinion.

You can disagree with me but that is how I play those games and you can tell me I look at them wrong or play them wrong or even don't appreciate them the way I should. but that is BS. People get out of games what they want. It is like saying that people who don't hunt for achievements are playing the game wrong.

And how exactly is nintendo's 'dominance' as it is called, stop other 2D games from Rising? There have been more great 2D games that have lots of success in the last 2 years than the whole PS2 era and the first half of the PS3 era combined. and I'm not counting the big ones: Kirby, DCKR, 2 different NSMB and Rayman Origins, which makes the succes of the indie ones all the more impressive)

How does it not? The 2D revival of Nintendo is the bane of the 2D industry. Its great to people who want to relive nostalgia but examples like DKCR and Kirby are just horrible... they release like a decade since their previous games yet brings no marked improvement. If DKCR was an obscure franchise it would have been a joke for reviewers to take it as a full priced game.

Thats the problem... NSMBWii, DKCR and Kirby seem to exhibit less improvements and changes than yearly CoD releases. I find this fact appalling. MW to MW2 had very obvious improvements and additions to the multiplayer experience and an even more epic campaign while introducing spec ops. Black Ops completely changed the setting and tone while delivering a full on zombie mode experience by fan demand and I think added replays as well as more MP features.

Also, I don't get your "Mario can offer a challenge and be relaxing with friends".

A)This implies that Mario at ANY stage can ever offer anything remotely close to SMBoy level challenge. Completely false.
B)Why can't you do this with Trine which actually has difficulty settings???
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#190FlarethPosted 12/13/2012 5:32:16 AM
I regret actually posting a serious response in this topic.
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA