I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#21DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:50:20 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Latebraker posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Nintendo is really causing the industry to stagnate.

I've noticed some errors in your post.

Care to elaborate? He at least explained his claim.

The company that offers three forms of controls classic, steaming touch screen, and motion is causing the industry to stagnate? The company that has the best colors, music, platforming physics, and polish is causing stagnation?

Now if we're strictly talking NSMBU let me refer you to point number two.

What are you even talking about? We are talking about how the killer 2D franchises of Nintendo are preventing the rise of a new wave of talented 2D developers. You claims about NSMBU having better "physics, colors and music" is a terrible joke and shows just how few games you've played this last generation.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#22Xenesis XenonPosted 12/11/2012 10:50:25 PM
I dunno, I personally always hated NSMB physics.

I always found them very...floaty. Like Mario was some kind of cloud of fairy floss with marshmallows on his shoes. I find it rather unsatisfying, as if it feels like Mario has no weight.

I'd argue that most of the indy platformers in the past two years have better physics.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#23DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:51:09 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

Zombie Mode is dramatically different and my favorite improvement.

Multiplayer actually has a crapload of refinements.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Your name suits you.

And that is about as deep as a Nintendrone rebuttal will ever get.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#24Banjo2553Posted 12/11/2012 10:51:25 PM
Hell, I think a stage editor would make the price tag more than worthy. Nintendo should add that as a free DLC once they're done with their own DLC packs...assuming they're going to do DLC. (Which I don't see why they wouldn't, given NSMB2.)
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#25IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 10:52:44 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Latebraker posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Nintendo is really causing the industry to stagnate.

I've noticed some errors in your post.

Care to elaborate? He at least explained his claim.

The company that offers three forms of controls classic, steaming touch screen, and motion is causing the industry to stagnate? The company that has the best colors, music, platforming physics, and polish is causing stagnation?

Now if we're strictly talking NSMBU let me refer you to point number two.

This is a perfect example of fanboyism.
Best colors? Music? Physics?! God, you guys really are the worst.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#26ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:53:24 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Your name suits you.

And that is about as deep as a Nintendrone rebuttal will ever get.

Maybe if you would stop passing off your incredibly uninformed ramblings as fact we could give a better response.

I own MW2, MW3, and BLOPS 2. NSMB makes far more improvements.

Also, it's incredibly clear that you haven't actually played NSMBU.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#27DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:53:40 PM
Its just hilarious how people who only know Nintendo games think the other consoles are all just shooters and CoD. This shows just how little interest they have in the diversity of genres. There were so many great games with amazing and diverse art styles this generation yet the masses of Nintendo followers just buy Mario and think thats "artistic" when its just cartoony.
---
#28BuretsuPosted 12/11/2012 10:54:25 PM

Moving toward "future weapons and equipment" in Call of Duty is no different from moving towards different powerups in Mario. It doesn't change the content, only slightly changes the way you move through it. You're still moving between pop-up shooting galleries, shooting at waves of random terrorists in between waiting for your health to regen, and even then only occasionally when the game isn't running the player character through set pieces that somehow people don't realize is just turning the game into a movie you sometimes press a few buttons to advance.

CoD lives up to industry standards because those standards are crap. The industry is afraid to change and evolve, because it knows all the backwards people will always prefer the safe, boring option. You're right that the video game industry is stagnating, but there's no way to blame it on Nintendo when they're just riding the wave of endless sequels, remakes and reboots that's all any of the AAA developers feel safe enough to spend money on.

It's sad how you THINK something you yourself call a "yearly cash cow" changes even the slightest IOTA.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#29muffinmasherPosted 12/11/2012 10:54:36 PM
ITT we compare apples to oranges.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#30ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:54:52 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

This is a perfect example of fanboyism.
Best colors? Music? Physics?! God, you guys really are the worst.

You're easily one of the worst trolls on this board, so I wouldn't talk.

And yeah, they really do have the best colors.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2