I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#201DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:10:36 PM(edited)
Quote:DesperateMonkey posted...
Flareth posted...
I regret actually posting a serious response in this topic.

Don't worry, no one took it seriously.

You don't constitute for everyone you clown. In fact your opinion is even less valid than a normal person's due to how you're purposely just trolling now.

And I regret putting youtube. ANYWHERE on the internet besides social sites that are most appealing to teenagers like Facebook and even there people are loathing it. Seriously, CoD is video game's Justin Bieber. I tried to be reasonable with you as I could've made fun of your CoD fanboyism anytime but I wanted to have a normal debate but I guess you're just too immature (CoD fanboy) to make one

@Pechabuster

Lol raaaaaaassge. Another Tween thinks he's cool because he makes Justin Bieber reference to something that is Mainstream. Please sell us more of your insecurities. Only Angry Little boys even care about what kind of music other people Listen to.

@ Ronald

I do buy Those games. the problem is with how popular they can be when Mario and DKC R dominated the industry. If they can never become more than niche developers then they will never receive Hi budget projects in the genre will never Become a big genre. It's pretty pathetic how I'm even the treatment is for the genre And demonstrates that good games do not rise to the top in an extreme Fashion. This is not close to COD at all because COD actually delivers quality gameplay of the type it attempts to deliver while spending huge money resources on constantly refining and bringing new elements into the game And easily equals and surpasses its peers
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#202PechabusterPosted 12/13/2012 8:49:37 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Flareth posted...

You don't constitute for everyone you clown. In fact your opinion is even less valid than a normal person's due to how you're purposely just trolling now.

And I regret putting youtube. ANYWHERE on the internet besides social sites that are most appealing to teenagers like Facebook and even there people are loathing it. Seriously, CoD is video game's Justin Bieber. I tried to be reasonable with you as I could've made fun of your CoD fanboyism anytime but I wanted to have a normal debate but I guess you're just too immature (CoD fanboy) to make one

@Pechabuster

Lol raaaaaaassge. Another Tween thinks he's cool because he makes Justin Bieber reference to something that is Mainstream. Please sell us more of your insecurities. Only Angry Little boys even care about what kind of music other people Listen to.

lmao says the troll who can't rebuke other valid points and can only nitpick small ones. And lol @ trying to make me out as a hipster. CoD sucks gigantic balls, deal with it. The majority (look at that, the majority!) of gamers who AREN'T your beloved tweens loathe the game or at the least have no respect for the game. I bet you're a tween yourself, that's why you're raging over Nintendo like tweens do and sucking on Activision
CoD is relatable to Justin Bieber how it is considered bad by people who know good music/game and is defended rabidly by insane ignorant 12 year old fanboys. Oh the irony of you using Nintendrone. Stop trying to be cool by using words you see trolls use.

Only tweens care what other gamers play. In fact not even tweens care, just antisocial narcissitic brats who demand others follow their opinion
#203Sailor GoonPosted 12/13/2012 8:57:15 PM
Pechabuster posted...
Flareth posted...

@Pechabuster

lmao says the troll who can't rebuke other valid points and can only nitpick small ones. And lol @ trying to make me out as a hipster. CoD sucks gigantic balls, deal with it. The majority (look at that, the majority!) of gamers who AREN'T your beloved tweens loathe the game or at the least have no respect for the game. I bet you're a tween yourself, that's why you're raging over Nintendo like tweens do and sucking on Activision
CoD is relatable to Justin Bieber how it is considered bad by people who know good music/game and is defended rabidly by insane ignorant 12 year old fanboys. Oh the irony of you using Nintendrone. Stop trying to be cool by using words you see trolls use.

Only tweens care what other gamers play. In fact not even tweens care, just antisocial narcissitic brats who demand others follow their opinion

And yet you seem to greatly care that others like CoD
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#204DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 11:27:36 PM(edited)
Pechabuster posted...
Flareth posted...

@Pechabuster

lmao says the troll who can't rebuke other valid points and can only nitpick small ones.

Yeah keep lying to yourself. You lied about what I said and you expected me to rebuke your lie. Seriously, you are a bag full of insecurity and is the only reason why you would jump on both the anti CoD and Justin Beiber bandwagon to try and make a point about 2D platformers ^^

The idiocy of your post is that your shooting yourself in the foot. You criticize people for bashing what others play while you ARE bashing people both for their preference of CoD and their taste in music so all you did was accuse yourself of being a tween. I never once in this topic said I care about what other people like.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#205ZekeStarrPosted 12/14/2012 12:27:33 PM
Just a heads up, I don't want to argue or take sides here. I merely wish to insert my own thoughts and opinions on the matter and nothing more.

One angle of thought I don't see many discussing in here is that of risks and how most people don't like taking them. I am talking about both the game companies and the people who buy the games. Both sides don't like taking risks. They would rather stick to what works, the series of games they know, and what they know will be fun and enjoyable to play. I will admit that sometimes there is a dud game or two in a series which will and has disappointed fans but most companies take what they learned from that dud in order to prevent making another one.

I have two examples of games that weren't that good compared to the others in the series they are from because the game companies decided they didn't want to risk making a new IP only for it to flop so they decided to tack on aspects of another well known game series so it would sell. This is all of my own opinion mind you so please don't get insulted.

My examples being Kirby's Epic Yarn and Silent Hill 4: The Room. In both cases, the game that was being made was meant to be an entirely new IP but then the main game companies decided it would be too risky to do that and told the developers to make it to they would fit in with another, well known game series so it would sell. KEY and SH4: The Room were never meant to be part of those series of games. I'm not clear on the whole story behind KEY but I know a lot about SH4 and how Team Silent was told to make it tie into the Silent Hill series after most of the game was already done.

Team Silent asked for more time to do such a conversion but Konami said no because they wanted it out on the original release date so Team Silent was forced to do a rush job on converted what they had already done into something that would tie into the Silent Hill series and then complete the rest of the game to make the deadline.

Beyond that, the reason people continue to buy games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc. is because even with the few dud games here and there, most people know that overall the series is known for having good games so the risk of a dud game is much less.

Not to mention that game companies aren't willing to risk making too many changes to a well known game series because it might alienate the old fans and might even put off newer fans. They also don't want to risk making a completely different game from the normal for the same fears.

Think of it this way, do you really think Nintendo would risk making a FPS Mario game and do you really think most people would risk buying such a game because of how different it is? The same could be said for the CoD series. Do you really think they'd risk making a 2D Mario-style platformer CoD game and do you honestly think people would risk buying such a game because of how different it is?

The very same can be said of indie games. A good deal of people don't want to risk buying indie games even with most indie games priced as they are because it is something new and different. People don't want to take the risk of spending that money on an indie game from an indie company with no other known games for fear of wasting money on something they won't enjoy.

That is possibly the very reason why indie games are priced as they are. Because the indie developers know that people don't like taking risks and as such, they themselves don't want to risk overpricing their game for fear of it not selling well. That way, they can see how well their game does without the risk of losing too much money on it. If it does well and they make another game, they know they can get away with maybe increasing the price of their new game by another $5 or $10 dollars because those who bought their previous game will most likely buy their new game so the risk of their new game flopping is much less.

In the end, I believe that gamers like us are equally at fault for such things happening.
#206Squished_MarioPosted 12/14/2012 12:43:28 PM
As a person who gave NSMBU as a gift and played it myself, I don't feel the price is honestly all that worth it. It should probably be a bit cheaper. It offers no different an experience, really, than the previous NSMB series.

It's the exact same game, same stuff, different day. The thing is the handheld only emphasized coin power ups and this one has one new power up, and the old Wii power ups. It hasn't changed. The music is the SAME music. It's kind of insulting, really.

Truthfully, while it's better than the NSMB2 game, that's not saying much. I'd love to see a nice Mario adventure game, or see Paper Mario go back to the rpg style it was popular for. There's really so much more they can do with Mario but they just keep rehashing the same game.
---
Part of the Viewmaster_pi's Caln Magna cum laude
PSN: VexSilver
#207GenoPosted 12/14/2012 12:55:36 PM
Buretsu posted...
Hey, if Call of Duty qualifies, why not Mario?

---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#208Andrew21044Posted 12/14/2012 1:46:00 PM
I remember someone telling me that alot of games are being compared to CoD....didn't believe it until now...
---
P0371C M4573RM1ND
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#209DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 2:24:00 PM(edited)
@zekestar

Appreciate your alternate Theory. Problem with your cure is that there was an age where 2-D games were very popular and sold at $60 regardless of Being new IP or not. We agreed that the gamers are at fault for what is happening. But my problem with Mario is that it demonstrates a very narrow path for popular 2-D games And the success of this genre is not dependent on quality innovation or value. Mario does not have to have online or any additional innovative modes to the genre. Or does it offer anything that the competition does not. If it delivers a similar experience to $10-$20 games And dwarfs them in sales then it tells developers that this is a casual genre based on licenses and the strict adherence to advertising towards Mario like games.

People argue this call of duty but it is simply not true for the FPS genre. Call of duty, battlefield, halo, max pain, Killzone, Resistance, L4D, Mag, Farcry 3 And crisis All function on drastically different concepts and innovate towards different paths That clearly took a lot of effort to accomplish. Whereas call of duty makes FPS games popular, Mario completely dominates what they retail platformers should be.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#210PechabusterPosted 12/14/2012 4:31:11 PM
Pechabuster posted...

@Pechabuster

lmao says the troll who can't rebuke other valid points and can only nitpick small ones.

Yeah keep lying to yourself. You lied about what I said and you expected me to rebuke your lie. Seriously, you are a bag full of insecurity and is the only reason why you would jump on both the anti CoD and Justin Beiber bandwagon to try and make a point about 2D platformers ^^

The idiocy of your post is that your shooting yourself in the foot. You criticize people for bashing what others play while you ARE bashing people both for their preference of CoD and their taste in music so all you did was accuse yourself of being a tween. I never once in this topic said I care about what other people like.

Yeah keep lying to yourself. Your usage of Nintendrone shows that you're bashing Nintendo fans. And being a CoD fanboy shows that you are a tween yourself. Your ignorance of the outside world is astounding. You can't be older than 13.
And you're just pulling things out of your ass again. Theres a big difference between actively insulting and pointing out that their main customers are teenagers oblivious to other things in the medium.

And yet you seem to greatly care that others like CoD

I don't care about random fans of it. When they're in an active argument trying to put down something generally considered far better than it then I'll call out the irony