I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#221LordrvPosted 12/15/2012 4:06:19 PM
CAlNlAC posted...
Yeah it is interesting how Nintendo can continue to put out 2D Mario games at the full retail price of $50 to $60 when there are indie devs putting out 2D games like Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, etc. all for the $10 to $15 range. Now I love myself some Mario but those indie games have been doing the 2D platforming genre better for a while in my opinion and at a fraction of the price.

I guess you can't blame Nintendo though. Mario is a huge name for them and they know they can sell it at that price and it will sell millions no problem.

Every game you mention is an ugly piece of trash, with the possible exception of Shadow Complex, since its Metroid knock off. I wouldn't know cause the devs can't be bothered to release the game for a platform other than xbox.
#222Sailor GoonPosted 12/15/2012 4:08:53 PM
Lordrv posted...
CAlNlAC posted...
Yeah it is interesting how Nintendo can continue to put out 2D Mario games at the full retail price of $50 to $60 when there are indie devs putting out 2D games like Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, etc. all for the $10 to $15 range. Now I love myself some Mario but those indie games have been doing the 2D platforming genre better for a while in my opinion and at a fraction of the price.

I guess you can't blame Nintendo though. Mario is a huge name for them and they know they can sell it at that price and it will sell millions no problem.

Every game you mention is an ugly piece of trash, with the possible exception of Shadow Complex, since its Metroid knock off. I wouldn't know cause the devs can't be bothered to release the game for a platform other than xbox.

Shadow Complex a Metroid knock off? You've obviously never played it. And seriously, calling some of the prettiest games this gen "ugly pieces of trash" negates any opinions you may have.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#223arvilinoPosted 12/15/2012 4:10:57 PM
Fading_Light posted...
Lordrv posted...
Super meat boy is a crap flash game, and I've never even heard of the others lol. Super Meat Boy isn't even worth 99 cents, let alone 20 dollars.

Psh. Super Meat Boy > Any Mario game

Donkey Kong(GB) was a significantly better platformer than Super Meat Boy and that was on the Game Boy.
#224IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/15/2012 4:15:51 PM
arvilino posted...
Fading_Light posted...
Lordrv posted...
Super meat boy is a crap flash game, and I've never even heard of the others lol. Super Meat Boy isn't even worth 99 cents, let alone 20 dollars.

Donkey Kong(GB) was a significantly better platformer than Super Meat Boy and that was on the Game Boy.

Lol, no
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#225DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 7:56:59 PM
Quote:arvilino posted...
Fading_Light posted...
Lordrv posted...

Lol, no

Pretending u could even play SMboy? Gg ninty scrubs.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#226PechabusterPosted 12/15/2012 9:34:08 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Quote:arvilino posted...
Fading_Light posted...
Lordrv posted...

Lol, no

Pretending u could even play SMboy? Gg ninty scrubs.

Look at this, hypocritical fool bashing and generalizing a fanbase. GG CoD child
#227TheFallenPriestPosted 12/15/2012 9:43:52 PM
the only reason 2d marios seem uninspired is because they are on what, thier 20th game?

See how inspiring and new any of the games you listed feel after the 20th iteration of them
---
This sig has been interrupted by Joe Biden
#228helldewPosted 12/15/2012 9:56:43 PM
See how inspiring and new any of the games you listed feel after the 20th iteration of them

i Dunno i find megaman games do a pretty good job of selling you the exact same thing over and over again >.> and when they change their series the gameplay changes a fair bit to feel like a nice change of things. X ZX classic Zero EXE starfoce. while there are a crap ton of sequals they are all enjoyable at least and short enough/fun enough to play through a couple times

IMO DKCR was far more inspired then NSMB sereise. the one problem with the NSMB sereies is they ride off the coattails of the old games instead of redefining things like they easily could MP isnt exactly what i call redefining either.

their levels are badly themed now to and many elements IE their overworld feel really poorly done. considernig nintendo could/has get/has the best 3D modelers/texture artist/minds in the entire freaking world. im pretty sure they can do more then what they pumped out with that series. hell Yoshis island is more innovative then the entire NSMB series and i dont even like Yoshis island but i can respect it for what it did and tried.

Meat boy shouldn't even be compareable to NSMB yet it is. the amount of hand holding terrible modern game design gimicks the series is suffering from is awful. i liked galaxy and teh second. they broke new ground. i hated sunshine but i respect it for what it did.

even though NSMB games are fun they arent inspired enough IMO they play thier cards to safe and as a result get really stagnent and boring. Dont bring up COD either as your counter point there are a billion other FPSs out there that are better.

the thing is about those indie games is that they dont play it safe. they get creative they get ideas and they go with em. Mario doesn't anymore and got really bland. Not boring though its still kinda fun it just could be a lot more. think of it like wasted potential.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.