I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#31AXKSIONPosted 12/11/2012 10:55:03 PM
I waited for 2 1/2 hours at Old Navy on Black Friday and bought a really super nice peacoat and dark grey scarf and NSMB all for $45, and all of it, not on sale would have cost me about $150.

NSMBu + nice peacoat + scarf = $45

I would not have paid $60 for NSMBu all for itself. Not worth it.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#32Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/11/2012 10:55:17 PM
That's nothing, Nintendo sold NES games for 29.99 - 49.99 which is around 59.99 - 99.99 if you count inflation

So $60 is cheap
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#33StealthlysPosted 12/11/2012 10:56:05 PM
And the same can be said for the teh hardcore sheep who buy CoDz because it is rated M, and all there bros have it, with realistic graphics.
#34ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:56:27 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Its just hilarious how people who only know Nintendo games think the other consoles are all just shooters and CoD. This shows just how little interest they have in the diversity of genres. There were so many great games with amazing and diverse art styles this generation yet the masses of Nintendo followers just buy Mario and think thats "artistic" when its just cartoony.

That's an incredibly idiotic assumption. I own and Xbox 360 and a PS3.

You're still wrong.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#35Wiiplayer111Posted 12/11/2012 10:57:23 PM
CoD lives up to all the industry standards

There is the stagnation you speak of. We have good games like Resident Evil trying to live up to "industry standards" and failing because its trying to be something that its not but since COD sells every games needs the shoehorned COD experience because developers fear it'll do bad because its not the same.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#36DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:58:00 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

Zombie Mode is dramatically different and my favorite improvement.

Multiplayer actually has a crapload of refinements.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Your name suits you.

And that is about as deep as a Nintendrone rebuttal will ever get.

Maybe if you would stop passing off your incredibly uninformed ramblings as fact we could give a better response.

I own MW2, MW3, and BLOPS 2. NSMB makes far more improvements.

Also, it's incredibly clear that you haven't actually played NSMBU.

Really? Because you can add my Wii U ID which is GameDadZ13 which clearly shows I have played it plenty. Please don't even bother pretending. If you actually even knew what you were talking about, you would have actually said how NSMBU made a difference compared to NSMBWii. I also love how Nintendrones pretend to have played CoD.

If you did play all those CoDs, please tell me how any of the things I said are NOT true. Your statement implies that Black Ops campaign structure did not change from the time of MW2, that it did not add load outs, branching paths and more non-linear play styles and that Spec Ops is actually no different from Zombie Mode and that Replays and theatre mode existed in MW2...

Are you just trying to add poser on top of Nintendrone status?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#37DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 11:00:54 PM
Buretsu posted...
We would also be extremely lucky to have Mario be anything remotely close to CoD. Black Ops 1 compared to Black Ops 2 you can observe a ton of upgrades. A move towards future weapons and equipment, a completely new and different direction for campaigns, linearity into multi branching story, environments are made for different modes of engagement and now you can select load outs for single player.

NSMBU compared to Wii? Has Racoon suit? Wow... and still no online. CoD lives up to all the industry standards and then delivers more. NSMBU aims well below the standards of a $60 game and still manages to not deliver basic features like ONLINE.

Its sad how Activiisions yearly cash cow makes more changes and meaningful improvements than NSMB does per game.

Moving toward "future weapons and equipment" in Call of Duty is no different from moving towards different powerups in Mario. It doesn't change the content, only slightly changes the way you move through it. You're still moving between pop-up shooting galleries, shooting at waves of random terrorists in between waiting for your health to regen, and even then only occasionally when the game isn't running the player character through set pieces that somehow people don't realize is just turning the game into a movie you sometimes press a few buttons to advance.

CoD lives up to industry standards because those standards are crap. The industry is afraid to change and evolve, because it knows all the backwards people will always prefer the safe, boring option. You're right that the video game industry is stagnating, but there's no way to blame it on Nintendo when they're just riding the wave of endless sequels, remakes and reboots that's all any of the AAA developers feel safe enough to spend money on.

It's sad how you THINK something you yourself call a "yearly cash cow" changes even the slightest IOTA.

Oh look, more posers who make up fairy terms like "industry standards" like there ever was a standard higher than now. Since what period were there higher standards? The age of copy pasto platformers and beat em ups? This is the most adventurous age of gaming to have ever existed. You clearly weren't around when consoles were just about spamming cartoon like side scrollers and spikey haired RPGs riding the wave of anime popularity and the FF phenomon. Oh lets not forget the CGI jRPG silliness.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#38ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 11:02:11 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Your name suits you.

And that is about as deep as a Nintendrone rebuttal will ever get.

Maybe if you would stop passing off your incredibly uninformed ramblings as fact we could give a better response.

I own MW2, MW3, and BLOPS 2. NSMB makes far more improvements.

Also, it's incredibly clear that you haven't actually played NSMBU.

Really? Because you can add my Wii U ID which is GameDadZ13 which clearly shows I have played it plenty. Please don't even bother pretending. If you actually even knew what you were talking about, you would have actually said how NSMBU made a difference compared to NSMBWii. I also love how Nintendrones pretend to have played CoD.

If you did play all those CoDs, please tell me how any of the things I said are NOT true. Your statement implies that Black Ops campaign structure did not change from the time of MW2, that it did not add load outs, branching paths and more non-linear play styles and that Spec Ops is actually no different from Zombie Mode and that Replays and theatre mode existed in MW2...

Are you just trying to add poser on top of Nintendrone status?

> I say that I doubt you have played NSMBU
> You say you have played it, but I obviously haven't played a single Call of Duty game.

Minor changes in cut-scenes and the final outcome don't count as massive changes. Black Ops 2 is by far the most fresh CoD of the past few years, but that's not saying much.

Also, NSMBU has far better level design than NSMBWii, actual branching paths, challenge mode, better controls, but more than anything, the content in each level is actually fresh.
---
#39MixorzPosted 12/11/2012 11:03:11 PM
I just find it funny how people criticize other companies for the same things Nintendo are guilty of. LoZ has had the same formula since OoT. You are Link, go to dungeon, find map, find compass, find unique item, use unique item to beat boss, rinse repeat.

The reality is that with Wii, Nintendo really lowers the bar compared to things other developers are doing. Yet it will all go unnoticed, or the other companies are just appealing to the bro crowd, etc. Nintendo will never release a game with as much content as a Bethesda game, or a multiplayer experience on par with Halo or CoD. Reality is, Nintendo are the ones putting out sub par games and consoles under the label of being all about games. They are really living off past success. I will always remember how great NES, SNES, N64, and even GC were, but Wii was just absolutely terrible when compared to 360 or PS3, and Wii U seems to be following suit.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#40ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 11:04:38 PM

This is the most adventurous age of gaming to have ever existed.

Confirmed troll. I feel ashamed for arguing with you for that long.
---