I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#41DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:04:41 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
CoD lives up to all the industry standards

There is the stagnation you speak of. We have good games like Resident Evil trying to live up to "industry standards" and failing because its trying to be something that its not but since COD sells every games needs the shoehorned COD experience because developers fear it'll do bad because its not the same.

Resident Evil fails because people pretend they want an old resident evil but in fact, they don't. Resident Evil does NOT live up to industry standards at all in its last iteration.

Trying to be CoD? In what meaningful? Most of CoD was it trying to be Halo. You guys don't even know what came first.

Uncharted is like CoD? Last of Us is like CoD? This crazy obsession with Kinect is like CoD? Assassin's Creed 3 is like CoD? The rise of wRPGs is like CoD? This whole 2D platformer revival is like CoD?

There are almost NO games like CoD and Capcom isn't remotely like CoD at all. They simply want to be a SHOOTER that is nothing like CoD.

This is the kind of rampant ignorance that makes Nintendrones think they are insightful in their defense of Nintendo's stagnation.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#42BuretsuPosted 12/11/2012 10:06:15 PM
Oh look, more posers who make up fairy terms like "industry standards" like there ever was a standard higher than now. Since what period were there higher standards? The age of copy pasto platformers and beat em ups? This is the most adventurous age of gaming to have ever existed. You clearly weren't around when consoles were just about spamming cartoon like side scrollers and spikey haired RPGs riding the wave of anime popularity and the FF phenomon. Oh lets not forget the CGI jRPG silliness.

Most adventurous age? Maybe if you count Indie titles, which regularly creates titles that puts Call of Duty and Mario to absolute shame. Otherwise, it's hard to come up with an exciting new game these days that isn't a sequel, prequel, remake, or reboot to a previous series because nobody wants to risk creating a new IP that could possibly fail.

Don't think I wasn't around through all the various other plateaus that the gaming industry went through. Would I say any of them were better than the current one, though? Hell no.

You can talk about cartoon licensed side scrollers and cliche jRPGs, but don't even TRY to claim that brown, gritty "realistic" cover-based shooters are any better than that.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#43DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:08:49 PM
@AHDGuitar

So apparently, CoD goes to the future and has tons of cool new scenarios but thats just "shallow stuff" while any kind of changes Nintendo does makes the game entirely fresh. This has to be a bad joke. You completely ignored all the actual features and the modes that are completely revamped as well. Go back to school Nintendrone. Gonna need to watch a lot more YouTube videos before you can pass this vague accusation off as knowledge.

And lol at changes to the controls. Wow your standards are low. The addition of Mario modes pale in comparison to the revamped zombie mode. Classic Nintendo ignorance followed by double standard.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#44BuretsuPosted 12/11/2012 10:10:05 PM
The addition of Mario modes pale in comparison to the revamped zombie mode.

Oh, zombies. Stop the mother****ing presses. Zombies, like in the 50 million other games trying to cash in on that particular nerd phenomenon before people can get tired of it.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#45StealthlysPosted 12/11/2012 10:10:09 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
CoD lives up to all the industry standards

There is the stagnation you speak of. We have good games like Resident Evil trying to live up to "industry standards" and failing because its trying to be something that its not but since COD sells every games needs the shoehorned COD experience because developers fear it'll do bad because its not the same.

Resident Evil fails because people pretend they want an old resident evil but in fact, they don't. Resident Evil does NOT live up to industry standards at all in its last iteration.

Trying to be CoD? In what meaningful? Most of CoD was it trying to be Halo. You guys don't even know what came first.

Uncharted is like CoD? Last of Us is like CoD? This crazy obsession with Kinect is like CoD? Assassin's Creed 3 is like CoD? The rise of wRPGs is like CoD? This whole 2D platformer revival is like CoD?

There are almost NO games like CoD and Capcom isn't remotely like CoD at all. They simply want to be a SHOOTER that is nothing like CoD.

This is the kind of rampant ignorance that makes Nintendrones think they are insightful in their defense of Nintendo's stagnation.

wat
#46ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:10:57 PM
Sorry, I just can't take your posts seriously anymore.

I do play CoD though, so I do speak from experience, not out of complete ignorance, not that you'd believe anything that made the opinion of anyone else remotely more valid.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#47n0matterPosted 12/11/2012 10:10:57 PM
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this post. I have the game and I think it's great. If you don't, that's fine too. Don't buy it. Problem solved? Or is it somehow detrimental to you, personally, that other people are playing a game that they like and you don't? You're either selfish or ignorant, take your pick.
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#48IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 10:11:03 PM
Please don't argue with Nintendo fanboys, it gives them more opportunities to praise their glorious Nintendo.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#49drothegreat0nePosted 12/11/2012 10:14:03 PM
Seems like the Monkey's desperate for some Ice Cream.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Xbox Live - PeterTheGreat01
#50CAlNlACPosted 12/11/2012 10:14:23 PM
Yeah it is interesting how Nintendo can continue to put out 2D Mario games at the full retail price of $50 to $60 when there are indie devs putting out 2D games like Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, etc. all for the $10 to $15 range. Now I love myself some Mario but those indie games have been doing the 2D platforming genre better for a while in my opinion and at a fraction of the price.

I guess you can't blame Nintendo though. Mario is a huge name for them and they know they can sell it at that price and it will sell millions no problem.