I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#51StealthlysPosted 12/11/2012 10:14:59 PM
So which troll has the most topics in the wii u board?
#52DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:16:18 PM
Buretsu posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Oh look, more posers who make up fairy terms like "industry standards" like there ever was a standard higher than now. Since what period were there higher standards? The age of copy pasto platformers and beat em ups? This is the most adventurous age of gaming to have ever existed. You clearly weren't around when consoles were just about spamming cartoon like side scrollers and spikey haired RPGs riding the wave of anime popularity and the FF phenomon. Oh lets not forget the CGI jRPG silliness.

Most adventurous age? Maybe if you count Indie titles, which regularly creates titles that puts Call of Duty and Mario to absolute shame. Otherwise, it's hard to come up with an exciting new game these days that isn't a sequel, prequel, remake, or reboot to a previous series because nobody wants to risk creating a new IP that could possibly fail.

And your ignorance lies in the fact that you believe this is something NEW. It is also extremely ignorant because you don't realize how "new IPs" in the past were just blatant rip offs of other games, a la Double Dragon clones. In fact, if we compare Double Dragon clones compared to Halo clones, we find that past generations more directly ripped off their predecessors and often claimed a new game by a simple pallette swap and changing like ONE button.

Don't think I wasn't around through all the various other plateaus that the gaming industry went through. Would I say any of them were better than the current one, though? Hell no.

You can talk about cartoon licensed side scrollers and cliche jRPGs, but don't even TRY to claim that brown, gritty "realistic" cover-based shooters are any better than that.

When did I ever claim that? I am claiming that its only ignorant fanboys who thinks brown, realistic shooters are even dominating the market. The ONLY such game to dominate is CoD. You can't kill something in Halo without a rainbow exploding somewhere. Gears of War fills your screen with blood red accentuated by blue on grey. Uncharted takes you to a ridiculous amount of landscapes. Skyrim is pretty fantasy. Assassin's Creed 3 is pretty incredible with its settings. Mass Effect is a fairly colorful game. Borderlands 2 has everything essentially color coded. It just seems like people don't actually KNOW what games are out.

---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#53ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 10:17:02 PM
CAlNlAC posted...
Yeah it is interesting how Nintendo can continue to put out 2D Mario games at the full retail price of $50 to $60 when there are indie devs putting out 2D games like Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, etc. all for the $10 to $15 range. Now I love myself some Mario but those indie games have been doing the 2D platforming genre better for a while in my opinion and at a fraction of the price.

I guess you can't blame Nintendo though. Mario is a huge name for them and they know they can sell it at that price and it will sell millions no problem.

Two words. Production cost.

Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, all of those were made by small teams.

A AAA game, even a 2D platformer very similar to prior games costs millions. They can't afford to sell it for less.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#54DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 10:18:08 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Sorry, I just can't take your posts seriously anymore.

I do play CoD though, so I do speak from experience, not out of complete ignorance, not that you'd believe anything that made the opinion of anyone else remotely more valid.

Oh look, you bluffed, I called you out on your bluff, I asked you why you said I was wrong about those modes and you couldn't answer so now you want to leave but pretend you still have some dignity left. After all this extensive CoD experience, you said jack **** about the new modes and features and think that Black Ops 2 is a minor change to the campaign compared to MW2, which is just complete lolz.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#55IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 10:19:05 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
CAlNlAC posted...
Yeah it is interesting how Nintendo can continue to put out 2D Mario games at the full retail price of $50 to $60 when there are indie devs putting out 2D games like Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, etc. all for the $10 to $15 range. Now I love myself some Mario but those indie games have been doing the 2D platforming genre better for a while in my opinion and at a fraction of the price.

I guess you can't blame Nintendo though. Mario is a huge name for them and they know they can sell it at that price and it will sell millions no problem.

Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, all of those were made by small teams.

A AAA game, even a 2D platformer very similar to prior games costs millions. They can't afford to sell it for less.

Ah, so the indie devs are more efficient and more talented, got it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#56Stefan1277Posted 12/11/2012 10:19:45 PM
Buretsu posted...
Hey, if Call of Duty qualifies, why not Mario?

---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#57StealthlysPosted 12/11/2012 10:20:30 PM
Too many idiots posting now, I wish there was a function to make topics disappear. Seriously some of the posts I'm trying to read make no sense at all. Then again I am on gfaqs.
#58Wiiplayer111Posted 12/11/2012 10:20:55 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/capcom-looking-to-attract-call-of-duty-fans-with-resident-evil-6-action-route-makes-sense

Resident Evil changed to grasp at the hope it could score some COD fans.

When was the last time you've heard a Halo developer saying "We're delaying the game to add more platforms to score some Mario fans."

You don't. You complain about stagnation and use COD as an example against stagnation but when everyone is aiming to be like COD to get their fans how isn't COD causing the stagnation in the industry. COD is literally making franchises change genres to be like it.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#59BuretsuPosted 12/11/2012 10:21:04 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
CAlNlAC posted...

Ah, so the indie devs are more efficient and more talented, got it.

Plus they don't have to listen to people who would bash them for not being more like Mario.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#60BuretsuPosted 12/11/2012 10:22:25 PM
Stealthlys posted...
Too many idiots posting now, I wish there was a function to make topics disappear. Seriously some of the posts I'm trying to read make no sense at all. Then again I am on gfaqs.

Pretty sure that if you ignore someone, their topics aren't listed.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit