I really don't understand how NSMBU qualifies as a $60 game in this day and age

#61GoombaXPosted 12/11/2012 11:22:27 PM
hey look another trollasurance topic.
it qualifies as a 60 $ game because thats the price tag that was put on it.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#62DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 11:22:39 PM
n0matter posted...
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this post. I have the game and I think it's great. If you don't, that's fine too. Don't buy it. Problem solved? Or is it somehow detrimental to you, personally, that other people are playing a game that they like and you don't? You're either selfish or ignorant, take your pick.

If you don't understand the purpose of this topic, chances are you are a die hard Nintendo fanboy who never read past the topic title before you went on a rage.

The purpose of this topic is to address the fact that NSMBU is in no way, an objectively superior game to titles like FEZ and Shadow Complex yet commands a far higher retail price while still selling millions and millions. It is about how the indie revolution of the last generation is still mostly unappreciated by people who constantly praise Nintendo for their 2D revival when the actual 2D revival is being ignored.

The question is the issue of Nintendo 2D games and its reliance on the franchise to mask up and coming talent that has long surpassed Nintendo in the 2D realm last generation and whether these amazing developers will continue to be ignored in favor of constant Mario, Kirby and DK sequels.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#63StealthlysPosted 12/11/2012 11:23:25 PM
Buretsu posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Too many idiots posting now, I wish there was a function to make topics disappear. Seriously some of the posts I'm trying to read make no sense at all. Then again I am on gfaqs.

Pretty sure that if you ignore someone, their topics aren't listed.

I dont wanna ignore trolls, they are funny, but sometimes they don't make sense at all.
#64ADHDguitarPosted 12/11/2012 11:26:34 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
Sorry, I just can't take your posts seriously anymore.

I do play CoD though, so I do speak from experience, not out of complete ignorance, not that you'd believe anything that made the opinion of anyone else remotely more valid.

Oh look, you bluffed, I called you out on your bluff, I asked you why you said I was wrong about those modes and you couldn't answer so now you want to leave but pretend you still have some dignity left. After all this extensive CoD experience, you said jack **** about the new modes and features and think that Black Ops 2 is a minor change to the campaign compared to MW2, which is just complete lolz.

I'm getting the vibe that you're just mad because I called you out on YOUR bluff. Look, if it makes you feel any better, I have BLOPS 2 on the Wii U.

And I really shouldn't have to explain why the new modes are barely new, but FINE.

And now that I've turned my Wii U on and looked at the modes, I don't even see anything new. Pretty much everything is just TDM, CTF, some form of Point A or Point A to Point B objective game mode or a variant.

And the zombie mode is almost exactly the same. Please stop trolling.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#65DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 11:29:20 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
http://gamingbolt.com/capcom-looking-to-attract-call-of-duty-fans-with-resident-evil-6-action-route-makes-sense

Resident Evil changed to grasp at the hope it could score some COD fans.

When was the last time you've heard a Halo developer saying "We're delaying the game to add more platforms to score some Mario fans."

You don't. You complain about stagnation and use COD as an example against stagnation but when everyone is aiming to be like COD to get their fans how isn't COD causing the stagnation in the industry. COD is literally making franchises change genres to be like it.

I'm sorry but CoD is a LIGHT weight in terms of getting other games to emulate them... Resident Evil? Wow that a really long list... Also this is a bad joke because CoD is like Halo and all shooters this gen tried to emulate the overwhelming success of all three of the first Halo games. Thats what started the movement towards shooters.

Resident Evil failed because the market for the old resident evil is dead and they don't know where to move towards in the future. RE4 was only good because it was FRESH. You can't reinvent your perspective and jump technologically all the time. No one wants RE4 controls and gameplay anymore.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#66IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/11/2012 11:30:25 PM
Maybe the biggest reason the Nintendo fanboys are so ignorant are because most of the great indie games were never released on the Wii due to the size restriction...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#67GoombaXPosted 12/11/2012 11:30:31 PM
Stealthlys posted...
Buretsu posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Too many idiots posting now, I wish there was a function to make topics disappear. Seriously some of the posts I'm trying to read make no sense at all. Then again I am on gfaqs.

Pretty sure that if you ignore someone, their topics aren't listed.

I dont wanna ignore trolls, they are funny, but sometimes they don't make sense at all.

yea tc isnt the brightest troll of them all, course none of the trolls on this board are >_>.
Its hard to have an argument with a troll when the troll makes themselves look dumb before you can. o well, this will just have to do for now.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#68nintend0Fan46Posted 12/11/2012 11:32:17 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
CoD lives up to all the industry standards

There is the stagnation you speak of. We have good games like Resident Evil trying to live up to "industry standards" and failing because its trying to be something that its not but since COD sells every games needs the shoehorned COD experience because developers fear it'll do bad because its not the same.

Resident Evil fails because people pretend they want an old resident evil but in fact, they don't. Resident Evil does NOT live up to industry standards at all in its last iteration.

Trying to be CoD? In what meaningful? Most of CoD was it trying to be Halo. You guys don't even know what came first.

Uncharted is like CoD? Last of Us is like CoD? This crazy obsession with Kinect is like CoD? Assassin's Creed 3 is like CoD? The rise of wRPGs is like CoD? This whole 2D platformer revival is like CoD?

There are almost NO games like CoD and Capcom isn't remotely like CoD at all. They simply want to be a SHOOTER that is nothing like CoD.

This is the kind of rampant ignorance that makes Nintendrones think they are insightful in their defense of Nintendo's stagnation.

How many of the games did you list have multiplayer? Oh that's right, all of them.

There's your industry standards.
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#69CAlNlACPosted 12/11/2012 11:33:47 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
CAlNlAC posted...
Yeah it is interesting how Nintendo can continue to put out 2D Mario games at the full retail price of $50 to $60 when there are indie devs putting out 2D games like Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, etc. all for the $10 to $15 range. Now I love myself some Mario but those indie games have been doing the 2D platforming genre better for a while in my opinion and at a fraction of the price.

I guess you can't blame Nintendo though. Mario is a huge name for them and they know they can sell it at that price and it will sell millions no problem.

Two words. Production cost.

Braid, Limbo, Fez, Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, all of those were made by small teams.

A AAA game, even a 2D platformer very similar to prior games costs millions. They can't afford to sell it for less.

Wait are you saying indie devs are capable of putting out great AAA experiences using small dev teams and low budgets but Nintendo can't?
#70Wiiplayer111Posted 12/11/2012 11:35:42 PM(edited)
But you havn't explained why NSMBU is causing stagnation. If anything SMB3 or SMW are causing it in the platforming genre because every single platformer gets compared to it eventually. Those games have unforgettable music, style, and controls. If NSMBU is as bad as you say, no one would try to emulate it.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com