Metal Gear Rising producer unsure if the Wii U could run Revengeance engine

#21DTY3Posted 12/12/2012 10:01:53 AM
Out of context quotes ftw.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#22JonnyBigBossPosted 12/12/2012 10:04:28 AM
DTY3 posted...
Out of context quotes ftw.

This. I hope haters actually read the dang interview.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#23trenkenPosted 12/12/2012 10:04:59 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
johnnybazookabo posted...
Its alright they are bringing bayonetta 2 anyway. Plus im sure they will know how to push the wii u after that. Without bayonetta thered be no revengence!

ah, a medicore hack n slash game..

Irrelevant. It's a NEW game, and the guy that made is is unsure if he could get it to run on the U, that's the point here. He must know the specs, he's a developer and its their job to explore all options for their games, so they must have at least looked into it to even make a statement like this, and there was clearly something there about the specs that raised a red flag with them.

The kind of game it is doesnt mean anything to what this article is about. To me the big issue here is this is a PS3/360 game. Well what happens with games that are made for the PS4/720? What the hell are they going to look like when ported to the U?
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#24Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/12/2012 10:05:33 AM
mhunterchump posted...
I love when people take quotes out of context.

The thread title leads you to believe the Metal Gear Rising producer is unsure if the Wii U was even capable of running it's game because the Wii U is so crappy when the actual quote was this:

Kotaku: Do you have plans to bring Revengeance to Wii U?
Korekado: No.

Kotaku: Why not?
Korekado: We really developed the game based on these two consoles [PS3, 360] and the Wii U, we think, is unique in a way that the controller is innovative and the entire console's pretty much not hand-in-hand with the consoles that we're making it for now. So if we were going to make it for the Wii U we'd have to start from zero again and really design something for that console, so we could say 100% that it was a good game for this console.

Kotaku: Could Wii U run the Revengeance engine?
Korekado: I haven't really tried it, so I'm not quite sure.

Of course he couldn't say yes because he has never even tried it.

Of course but based on the specs of the system, he's not entirely sure it can or can't, which is bad for a next generation system

Now if it were oh say the next PS4 or Xbox720 and he was asked that question. He would say

"Yes, no question about it."
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#25GdboyratedloudPosted 12/12/2012 10:10:20 AM
Crysiania posted...
Gdboyratedloud posted...
Bayonetta did NOT flop.
It sold 2 million copies.
Thats more than what Dark Souls sold
Stop being delusional and DEAL WITH IT

BAYONETTA 90/87 METASCORE

Wasnt profitable enough for them to make a sequel without nintendo, you work that out.
But it might be a much better game this time since their focusing on one console, we all know how the mucked up the ps3 version for ages.

it didnt come because Sega couldnt afford it. obviously they put money into alot of OTHER flop games
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#26LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 12/12/2012 10:11:19 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DTY3 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
johnnybazookabo posted...
Its alright they are bringing bayonetta 2 anyway. Plus im sure they will know how to push the wii u after that. Without bayonetta thered be no revengence!

ah, a medicore hack n slash game..

Itz mediocre cuz itz on wii yoo...

Has nothing to do with what system its on, I played the first one and was bored to tears

You 3 are boring since you got bored/didn't like one of the best action game that can compete with Devil May Cry.

It's sad that it'll be the Wii again that Nintendo Wii U gets to be the least powered console = not much ports & only PS4/XBox next gets 3rd party games.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#27SubZeroChief23Posted 12/12/2012 10:23:37 AM
RahzarX posted...
No kidding he said he didn't even try it.

Why would we want last-gen games on our next-gen console?

You're right. Who cares about Metal Gear Rising and other last gen games like GTA 5 and Dark Souls 2 when Wii U has amazing next gen games like Funky Barn and Lego City and Scribblenauts.
#28BigAl519Posted 12/12/2012 10:26:54 AM(edited)
What I am seeing is him saying that the game was designed specifically for the PS3/360 and would have to be stripped down and rebuilt from the ground up in order to work on the Wii U and the Wii U game-pad. Nowhere does he say anything about being unsure of the consoles power you morons. All he stated in his own way was it would cost them lots of time and money in order to bring the game (although overdone and boring series of games) to the Wii U. Which is likely true for most current 3rd party games that are being developed for old hardware. AssCreed3 just proves that people rushing ports to the Wii U, like the trolls seem to expect to happen, is just pointless because they just end up playing like crap.

Also when did this stupidity of next gen consoles getting last gen games start? Were you people not old enough to be around for the last gen switch? You know, where the 360/PS3/Wii DIDNT get any AAA PS2/GC games? Or how about before that when AAA ports of PS1/N64 era games were not on the PS2? Honestly its amazing how stupid of trends trolls pull out of their asses in order to troll the unsuspecting lol. If we start seeing PS4/720 3rd party games not coming to the Wii U, THATS when it will matter, but until then, keep dragging the lake for stupidity trolls!
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#29GoombaXPosted 12/12/2012 10:26:56 AM
Just-Saiyan posted...

You guys keep expressing this, but devs keep saying how the Wii U might not be able to handle some of the last gen games. wtf

ps3 has trouble running its generations games and trouble running a lot of ps2 games
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#30DTY3Posted 12/12/2012 10:30:24 AM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
RahzarX posted...
No kidding he said he didn't even try it.

You're right. Who cares about Metal Gear Rising and other last gen games like GTA 5 and Dark Souls 2 when Wii U has amazing next gen games like Funky Barn and Lego City and Scribblenauts.

Scribblenauts is amazing.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.