Metal Gear Rising producer unsure if the Wii U could run Revengeance engine

#31BufkusPosted 12/12/2012 10:32:52 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
DTY3 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
johnnybazookabo posted...
Its alright they are bringing bayonetta 2 anyway. Plus im sure they will know how to push the wii u after that. Without bayonetta thered be no revengence!

ah, a medicore hack n slash game..

Itz mediocre cuz itz on wii yoo...

Has nothing to do with what system its on, I played the first one and was bored to tears

What a joke. This tool has never played a single video game in his life.
#32koolguy5Posted 12/12/2012 10:35:04 AM
METAL GEAR NOOOOOOOO , love those series man
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz
#33DTY3Posted 12/12/2012 10:36:24 AM
koolguy5 posted...
METAL GEAR NOOOOOOOO , love those series man

If you love the series, odds are you already have a PS3. You're good.

Rising looks perfect for Wii U/Move though.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#34BigAl519Posted 12/12/2012 10:37:22 AM
SubZeroChief23 posted...
RahzarX posted...
No kidding he said he didn't even try it.

Why would we want last-gen games on our next-gen console?

You're right. Who cares about Metal Gear Rising and other last gen games like GTA 5 and Dark Souls 2 when Wii U has amazing next gen games like Funky Barn and Lego City and Scribblenauts.

Definitely proved he was not old enough to experience the last switch of gens. The PS3 and 360 had horrible launch lineups with some games that looked worse than their predecessors. Marvel Ultimate Alliance looked nearly the same on the PS3 as the PS2 and the only launch exclusive the PS3 had that is even worth mentioning is Resistance:Fall of Man
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#35EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 12/12/2012 10:43:25 AM
Never once said it COULD'T run it. Stop taking things out of context to the benefit of your troll.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Currently playing: Dishonored, Far Cry 3, NSMBU, H4, Black Ops II, Zombi U
#36JackalPosted 12/12/2012 10:45:06 AM
That's too bad. But if you own one of the other systems then you can still play it. I think the demo is out in Japan today for the PS3. I'll be checking it out for sure.

Don't worry about it guys. Wii U has Monster Hunter!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#37mhunterchumpPosted 12/12/2012 10:58:50 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
mhunterchump posted...
I love when people take quotes out of context.

The thread title leads you to believe the Metal Gear Rising producer is unsure if the Wii U was even capable of running it's game because the Wii U is so crappy when the actual quote was this:

Kotaku: Do you have plans to bring Revengeance to Wii U?
Korekado: No.

Kotaku: Why not?
Korekado: We really developed the game based on these two consoles [PS3, 360] and the Wii U, we think, is unique in a way that the controller is innovative and the entire console's pretty much not hand-in-hand with the consoles that we're making it for now. So if we were going to make it for the Wii U we'd have to start from zero again and really design something for that console, so we could say 100% that it was a good game for this console.

Kotaku: Could Wii U run the Revengeance engine?
Korekado: I haven't really tried it, so I'm not quite sure.

Of course he couldn't say yes because he has never even tried it.

Of course but based on the specs of the system, he's not entirely sure it can or can't, which is bad for a next generation system

Now if it were oh say the next PS4 or Xbox720 and he was asked that question. He would say

"Yes, no question about it."

Wow, you're really a sub par troll now.

Specs were never mentioned at all, his answer was not based on the Wii U's specs. His answer was based on the fact that he can't possible know because he's never tried it.

Xeeh, you're losing your touch on trolling. It's kind of sad how far you've fallen down the troll ladder. I used to have a little respect your trolldom but now I almost feel sorry for you. It must be hard getting out trolled by your fellow trolls.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#38SubZeroChief23Posted 12/12/2012 11:01:21 AM
BigAl519 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
RahzarX posted...
No kidding he said he didn't even try it.

Why would we want last-gen games on our next-gen console?

You're right. Who cares about Metal Gear Rising and other last gen games like GTA 5 and Dark Souls 2 when Wii U has amazing next gen games like Funky Barn and Lego City and Scribblenauts.

Definitely proved he was not old enough to experience the last switch of gens. The PS3 and 360 had horrible launch lineups with some games that looked worse than their predecessors. Marvel Ultimate Alliance looked nearly the same on the PS3 as the PS2 and the only launch exclusive the PS3 had that is even worth mentioning is Resistance:Fall of Man

This has nothing to do with changing gens. This has to do with every good game next year only being on 360 and PS3. Wii U is literally missing out on every major 3rd party game next year. 360 and PS3 might have had mediocre ports for a year but they didn't miss out on games and still had the slightly best versions.
#39DiscostewSMPosted 12/12/2012 11:09:58 AM
and the entire console's pretty much not hand-in-hand with the consoles that we're making it for now.

If anything, this statement simply means they'd have to redesign their engine to take advantage of what the Wii U offers, since it is a rather different design from last-gen systems. In no way was it said he couldn't do it because it was less powerful.

This would actually explain why current ports are subpar. Their porting methods are based on designs that are foreign to the Wii U.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project