Pachter: Microsoft and Sony destroying Nintendo, Iwata is "Oblivious"

#51maximumbarmagePosted 12/12/2012 2:20:00 PM
PhaseBlack posted...

He also notes how low Nintendo stocks are after the launch of the Wii U

Well... at least stocks of the Wii U are high on store shelves :p
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#52mjc0961Posted 12/12/2012 2:21:24 PM(edited)
PhaseBlack posted...
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/12/pachter-microsoft-and-sony-are-destroying-nintendo/

He praises Reggie though for doing his job well. He also says that smartphones are the reason why the 3DS is failing to sell in bulks outside of Japan, hence why Iwata is oblivious and cant see the 3DS cant compete with mobile game platforms.

He also notes how low Nintendo stocks are after the launch of the Wii U

He also thinks that Call of Duty is a failure because Activision isn't being as greedy as they could be and thus making a billion dollars in 15 days is a bad thing (and of course, he completely forgets that $15 map packs come out for every CoD which makes his entire statements irrelevant anyway; nobody buys CoD and then pays nothing until the next CoD because they buy map packs hurr durr).

Pachter is quite simply an idiot.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#53Big_IsaacPosted 12/12/2012 2:24:57 PM
megax11 posted...
The trolls. They be mad today.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20121212048/TN/001.gif

Vita sold more than Wii
LOLOLOLOL nintendoomed
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#54mjc0961Posted 12/12/2012 2:27:03 PM
Oh, and I love all the other ones people have posted that I hadn't seen before. Nobody has a PC as powerful as a PS3? Real Time Strategy doesn't work on consoles because it's turn based? I can't believe people pay him to say this s***.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#55b1gt0nePosted 12/12/2012 2:28:05 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Oh, and I love all the other ones people have posted that I hadn't seen before. Nobody has a PC as powerful as a PS3? Real Time Strategy doesn't work on consoles because it's turn based? I can't believe people pay him to say this s***.

Nice sig....lol
#56thisranksPosted 12/12/2012 2:31:24 PM
twistedreality1 posted...
Buretsu posted...
twistedreality1 posted...
He doesn't deep throat Nintendo so his comments don't matter

How can he? Microsoft and Sony are hogging his throat.

“I don’t hate Nintendo, but my job is to help investors make decisions about stocks. Nintendo has ¥8000 in cash per share and the stock trades at ¥9600. It used to trade at ¥63,000. The equity has declined in value by $80 billion. That’s why I’ve been critical.”

As far as Sony and Microsoft are concerned Pachter said, “Sony is struggling (relative to last year), with overall sales on its various hardware down almost 20%. Microsoft is doing fine, with software sales hanging in there. Both are destroying Nintendo, which had software sales in November that were 60% of Sony’s and 30% of Microsoft’s.”

everything he said is correct but haters gonna hate

This is also why he uses the term fanboy alot. I can see why. Rose colored glasses.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#57Hawker44Posted 12/12/2012 2:38:12 PM
Pacther is the same idiot that said that console gaming is going to be killed off by ipads because of Angry Birds. I don't take anything this retard says seriously since he's never been right.
#58hustlin_pimpstePosted 12/12/2012 2:40:52 PM
DTY3 posted...
Pachter: Nobody owns a PC as powerful as a PS3

Yeah I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

I see what you are getting at, and I agree to a point .. but, if you go to steam or other data collection places like that, it is still obvious that the people who own top end gaming rigs are very much in the minority.

A huge number of people have low-medium range PCs still, way more than I actually thought. Same as all those people who have basic PCs just to play the Sims and other older games. Remember the outcry from the Sims community about Sims 3 and how loads of people just didn't have the kind of PC needed to run it?
---
Make adorable new, demon friends ... grr snarl
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/64267041 Don't worry .. it's Official!
#59LegacyBrokenPosted 12/12/2012 2:46:41 PM
Pachter makes his living off of making really crazy predictions that are almost always utterly wrong. But that his schtick, plus I think he does it just to troll GAF.
#60kyomagiPosted 12/12/2012 2:46:53 PM
>PS3 and 360 Destroying Nintendo
>Nintendo outsells 360 - 3:1 Last week
>Nintendo outsells ps3 - 5:1 Last week

Seriously, the 3ds outsold both consoles last week and the wii u outsold both consoles last week.

Patcher is retarded
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo