Honest Opinion: Do you feel that the weaker processor is concerning?

#1ChibiGoku 302Posted 12/12/2012 12:35:50 PM
There's been discussion of developers that are choosing not to port or release games on the Wii-U (majority being western developers), partially due to the fact that the Wii-U has a weaker processor than the 360 and PS3. My question is, do you think this, in a long run, will be a problem, especially with the oncoming next generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft?

My opinion? This might be a bit of a concern, though I'd imagine more developers will probably jump on board the Wii-U once they can figure out what type of games they can produce for it, though I would imagine the porting of last generation and the upcoming next generation games, will be a bit of a problem. I'd imagine some of these can be overcome to a certain degree, but ultimately, I would imagine we would end up getting a not-as-good build of the other consoles in a long run, and this is already showing.

However, the development is young and once the programmers get used to the consoles restrictions and understand how it works completely, we might start seeing higher quality ports and releases on it.

Just I feel it'll be awhile before we start seeing that. I'm just hoping more developers will be willing to do so, despite some of the problems that they have to deal with as of right now.
---
Sonikku X!!
#2ADHDguitarPosted 12/12/2012 12:36:20 PM
A little bit.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#31shadetail1Posted 12/12/2012 12:40:29 PM(edited)
Not concerning in the slightest. Nintendo games are fun, period. That's all any serious console gamer should care about.

And that's without even getting into debating how "weak" the processor really is.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4MetazoiddPosted 12/12/2012 12:39:54 PM
For the love of god, learn something before posting something completely false. The CPU is not "weaker". It has a lower clock speed yes but that does t mean anything without the taking into account the larger picture.
#5darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/12/2012 12:39:57 PM
Not really. I'm more concerned that certain developers don't want to put in the extra time or effort into really utilizing the gamepad. That's my concern.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#6MANTI5Posted 12/12/2012 12:40:55 PM
It's not as big of a deal as some would have you believe. Trine 2 for Wii U can't be matched by last gen consoles who are "just as powerful" as the U and you will see that more and more when games take advantage of it's strengths.
#7MetazoiddPosted 12/12/2012 12:41:05 PM
doesn't*

without taking into account*
#8meiyukiPosted 12/12/2012 12:41:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHz_myth
#9lordlichPosted 12/12/2012 12:45:11 PM
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20121130/wii-u-cpu-gpu-specs-vs-ps3-and-xbox-360/
---
IN THE END,THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!.
#10PyjamaHeroPosted 12/12/2012 12:49:30 PM
I do. I'm still going to get a Wii U but I feel like there's a possibility that games the U would have had ported over without a second thought may fall by the wayside because of issues. Granted if the gap isn't that different between the 3 as some are making it out to be many 3rd party devs will shoot for the middle and Wii will simply have the worst version, the middle of the road console the best and the most powerful console will run about the same as the middle one.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.