Miiverse Moderators... no common sense?

#1VenomSymbiotePosted 12/12/2012 1:37:48 PM
So I was commenting with someone in a post they made in the Zombi U miiverse. They stated in their original post that they beat the game. I went on to discuss some strategies I used for harder parts to see how they handled it themselves. I was moderated for "spoilers"... That'd be like someone making a topic titled "So about that ending..." and getting moderated for spoilers. That's just so assbackwards.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#2GM_Posted 12/12/2012 2:01:56 PM
Get this one. I was modded once for spoilers for revealing a plot twist in a movie.

I thought this was GameFAQ's not MovieFAQ's. The mods on this site are just as illogical.
#3Pac12345Posted 12/12/2012 2:03:18 PM
GM_ posted...
Get this one. I was modded once for spoilers for revealing a plot twist in a movie.

I thought this was GameFAQ's not MovieFAQ's. The mods on this site are just as illogical.

Please tell me you screen-capped it.
#4GM_Posted 12/12/2012 2:04:37 PM
Quote:GM_ posted...

@Pac12345

Unfortunately no but I can probably make it happen again.
#5mjc0961Posted 12/12/2012 2:06:10 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
So I was commenting with someone in a post they made in the Zombi U miiverse. They stated in their original post that they beat the game. I went on to discuss some strategies I used for harder parts to see how they handled it themselves. I was moderated for "spoilers"... That'd be like someone making a topic titled "So about that ending..." and getting moderated for spoilers. That's just so assbackwards.

Your fault for not using the big fat "SPOILERS" button at the top of the screen when making the post.

GM_ posted...

And your fault for not reading the rules, which explicitly state that spoiling ANYTHING, not just games, is a violation.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#6GM_Posted 12/12/2012 2:07:03 PM
Quote:VenomSymbiote posted...

Your fault for not using the big fat "SPOILERS" button at the top of the screen when making the post.

GM_ posted...

And your fault for not reading the rules, which explicitly state that spoiling ANYTHING, not just games, is a violation.

@mjc0961

To be honest I don't really care anyway.
#7BurgerTime79Posted 12/12/2012 2:08:10 PM
GM_ posted...

It's still spoilers, regardless of the name of the site that you're on.
Just because you can't follow the logic, doesn't make the moderators illogical.

TC, even on here, you have to mark your spoilers. Unless the topic title clearly states that there are spoilers within. You didn't hide your post within a spoiler tag, so it got deleted. Simple as that.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#8StickMen1090Posted 12/12/2012 2:10:18 PM
GM_ posted...
Quote:GM_ posted...

@Pac12345

Unfortunately no but I can probably make it happen again.

the message doesnt go away after being mod you know
#9Pac12345Posted 12/12/2012 2:14:01 PM
Man, I think this all about common sense. Like, why would you expect to find any movie-related civility in a VIDEO GAMES FORUM?. Honestly, tell me a good logical reason for that. It's like coming to GameFAQS to ask about recipes for thanksgiving: You just simply don't do that.

Oh, gee, I wonder if people are careful not to reveal a plot twist of my favorite movie... IN A VIDEO GAME FORUM.

I swear, all of this "politically correct" excess is making people more and more paranoid.
#10teknic1200Posted 12/12/2012 2:15:16 PM
I'd be more upset seeing movie spoilers than game spoilers but both can irk me.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday