Miiverse Moderators... no common sense?

#11jonpaul333Posted 12/12/2012 2:21:12 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/227-movies-at-the-theater
---
hello world
#12playboydojoPosted 12/12/2012 2:23:47 PM
I was once modded for spoilers for revealing something that was revealed by the developer before the game came out.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#13BurgerTime79Posted 12/12/2012 2:28:57 PM
Pac12345 posted...
Man, I think this all about common sense. Like, why would you expect to find any movie-related civility in a VIDEO GAMES FORUM?. Honestly, tell me a good logical reason for that. It's like coming to GameFAQS to ask about recipes for thanksgiving: You just simply don't do that.

Oh, gee, I wonder if people are careful not to reveal a plot twist of my favorite movie... IN A VIDEO GAME FORUM.

I swear, all of this "politically correct" excess is making people more and more paranoid.

You can bold and capitalize those all you want. Doesn't change anything, and the recipes example makes no sense.
The whole point is, is that if someone is posting a spoiler, it doesn't matter where it is. If I'm coming on here to ask a question about a game, and someone has made a topic spoiling a movie that just came out, it's going to be moderated. This is why there is a spoiler tag, this is why they tell you to mark your post as having a spoiler, and this is why if you don't do those things, your post will be deleted. Political correctness has nothing to do with it.

This shouldn't be something that has to be explained to people.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#14MicroOmegaManPosted 12/12/2012 2:48:36 PM
In the TC's example, I vote in favor of the mods. A post about beating the game (one that wasn't tagged as a spoiler) does not necessarily mean the discussion is about spoilers.

The discussion could continue very fact free. "I liked the ending", "Me too", "I felt it was lacking", etc.
---
If I never reward you with attention, I may see you as a troll.
Buy these: Liberation Maiden, Ace Mathician, Xenoblade, Solatarobo (sequel incoming, get hype)
#15T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 12/12/2012 2:54:50 PM
I only got modded once until now, and I do blame it in lack of common sense from the mods.

Original post: *somethingsomething* PS - Not every american is a jerk!
my reply *somethingsomething* PS - Don't lie you jerk!

Modded for offensive.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
NNID: CodenameGreyFox