Please, please explain to me how people can defend no online at this day and age

#11Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/12/2012 12:55:56 PM
Because some people actually have friends in real life to play them with.

Yes. Little high schoolers with no jobs and no friends more than 2 miles away from them. When you are older you will see that not all of your friends are going to be living down the street.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#12teknic1200Posted 12/12/2012 12:57:17 PM
I don't have any friends in real life that would come over and play couch multiplayer. I have no kids and my wife doesn't game.

I'll never be able to experience nintendo land. If the game had online it would be a huge game, this really is a missed opportunity for Nintendo.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#13XinundraPosted 12/12/2012 12:58:38 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Yes. Little high schoolers with no jobs and no friends more than 2 miles away from them. When you are older you will see that not all of your friends are going to be living down the street.

However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.
#14Pac12345Posted 12/12/2012 12:58:45 PM
I agree with you,TC. Had Nintendo Land had online multiplayer, I would have dedicated more game sessions to it. Sadly, most of the people I know in real life, either aren't interested in playing Nintendo Land, or can't come to my house to play for personal reasons. It disappoints me that I can't experience the game to its fullest, because it has Local-Multiplayer-Only sections.

Not a biggie to me, but disappointment, nonetheless.
#15forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 12:58:51 PM
Did anyone actually read what I wrote? Or did you all just see the topic title and go NOPE IT DOESNT NEED IT.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#16Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/12/2012 12:59:44 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.

Indeed. But that is not always possible, online would solve this problem.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#17BurgerTime79Posted 12/12/2012 1:02:11 PM
forest_wanderer posted...
80/80
This isn't a matter of whether local or online is superior. For the record, given the chance I would almost always choose to play locally over online. But there are times when local simply isn't an option. So that's what I'm saying, make it a CHOICE. Putting online multiplayer into the game doesn't detriment the game in any way shape or form. You don't like online? That's perfectly fine, you can play locally every single day of your life and never touch the online mode.

And it's not a matter of allocating resources fully to local multiplayer either. That's not how the industry works. Play any modern game with online multiplayer, and you'll plainly see that the local and online multiplayer are almost identical. In development, you don't design the multiplayers as separate entities, you create one multiplayer, and once it's completed, you then implement the ability for it to play locally or connect to a server. Nintendo doesn't seem to understand that, and neither does anyone who defends their position either.

Plenty of games come out onto the market that are clearly geared towards people playing the multiplayer. Shorter campaigns, resources only being in multiplayer, all the DLC or the pre-order bonuses center around the multiplayer. Then when a game comes out that doesn't include it , or it isn't online, the **** hits the fan and people freak out.

You say make it a choice, but they're also within their right to choose not to make their mutiplayer online. I've never heard anyone argue that local and online multiplayer were designed different, so your attempt to claim that Nintendo and the people who "defend" them don't understand that has no merit.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#181shadetail1Posted 12/12/2012 1:02:39 PM
forest_wanderer posted...
Did anyone actually read what I wrote? Or did you all just see the topic title and go NOPE IT DOESNT NEED IT.

Did you actually read what the rest of us wrote? Or did you just notice people not automatically agreeing with you and go HOW DARE YOU HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS?!?!?!
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#19Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 1:03:08 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Indeed. But that is not always possible, online would solve this problem.

Except it really wouldn't. You'd still have to set up a time or day to get together online to play it.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#20mjc0961Posted 12/12/2012 1:04:24 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Methinks you're confusing "defend" with "not care about". NintendoLand is still a collection of great games.

---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey