Please, please explain to me how people can defend no online at this day and age

#101SquareSidePosted 12/12/2012 4:44:35 PM
Nintendo Land Should have online for some of it's games. Maybe even a Leaderboard for the single player ones.

Really no excuse for Mario U either.
---
PSN/XBL - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#102Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 4:46:44 PM
SquareSide posted...
Nintendo Land Should have online for some of it's games. Maybe even a Leaderboard for the single player ones.

Well Mario U would be far more difficult outside adding multiplayer specific modes. Co-Op would be impossible for main the main story as the game isn't designed well enough for it. I can see Co-Op speed Runs where you can track where your buddy(ies) are, maybe other modes but really 2D Marios aren't going to have a lot of online modes to go on.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#103LordBowserPosted 12/12/2012 4:50:54 PM
Baha05 posted...
SquareSide posted...

Well Mario U would be far more difficult outside adding multiplayer specific modes. Co-Op would be impossible for main the main story as the game isn't designed well enough for it. I can see Co-Op speed Runs where you can track where your buddy(ies) are, maybe other modes but really 2D Marios aren't going to have a lot of online modes to go on.

It would work fine. Have an option to enable or disable online for friends on your friend list only, make it so they can ask to join in at any time (with your permission). As it is your game, you would choose which levels to play, and any communication done (if any, none really needed) would be done through the mic on the gamepad.

Nintendo Land could have specific online modes, hell even random matchmaking. At the very least, with friends. I know that Nintendo Land was designed to show off the Wii U's features, but it still should have had online modes.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#104MarioGalaxy2Posted 12/12/2012 4:57:58 PM
You shouldn't force specific online play into games.

Nintendo Land, Bioshock infinite, Pikmin 3. Have no online multiplayer.

I say Nintendo Land online isn't completely necessary. As mutiplayer games like Luigi Ghost mansion is something you want 3 other people to be with you in a room to work together.

Alot of games this gen had tacked on online multiplayer (Bioshock 2)

You shouldn't force game developers to have specific features that they feel are unnecessary.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#105omescythePosted 12/12/2012 5:01:02 PM
if your going to have local multiplayer in a game then why not have online multiplayer as well. what makes local so great that it has to be in and not online.
#106TiamatKillerPosted 12/12/2012 5:09:35 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Nobody has yet to give a clear and unarguable reason as to why online multiplayer ABSOLUTELY MUST be a part of any game with a multiplayer component. Until you can DO that, saying anything is indefensible is pure BS.

This is quite frankly a pathetic cop out. Why MUST any game have multiplayer at all, why MUST games be made full stop?

Not everyone has friends who are local enough to utilise local multiplayer, online eliminates this problem and provides a much better experience for millions of people in such situations. If you can't comprehend this then nothing will ever get through to you.

"Not everyone has friends who are local enough"

People need to get out of the ******* house more then. Go have some actual human contact and interaction for christ sake.

Yeah, because not having local friends who you can play a game with automatically means you are a neckbeard who never gets out.

/sarcasm

dat generalization
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#107sonic777Posted 12/12/2012 5:13:03 PM
If Nintendo says I don't need online, then I don't need online.

From "The Book of Nintendo, Chapter 3, Verse 24."
#108Skul_Posted 12/12/2012 5:15:48 PM
I disagree. Online in Nintendo Land would be fairly pointless.

NSMBU on the other hand...

I agree with this. Theres no reason for Nintendo Land to have online play, and theres no reason for NSMBU to NOT have online play.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#1091shadetail1Posted 12/12/2012 5:22:14 PM
omescythe posted...
if your going to have local multiplayer in a game then why not have online multiplayer as well. what makes local so great that it has to be in and not online.

People have already given several reasons why it makes sense not to have both. And nobody has said that games *must* have local multiplayer.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#110Frozenx07Posted 12/12/2012 5:23:49 PM
WiiFan77 posted...
I don't give a damn about playing a game online.

Ditto.

Anderjak posted...
It's because of Japan. No, seriously. Japanese gamers don't value online as heavily as Western gamers. It's the reason why Streetpass for the 3DS was designed the way it was -- because of the sheer amount of people on subways who would cross paths regularly. You could easily cap out your Streetpass folks in just a few minutes in certain areas. Apart from a certain handful of games, Japanese gamers simply don't play online nearly to the same capacity. Nintendo has ALWAYS designed with Japanese gamers in mind -- heck, it's only halfway through the current generation that Japanese developers really started making a huge, significant push toward online.

This is true. Until Japan fully embraces online, Nintendo will not.
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558