Please, please explain to me how people can defend no online at this day and age

#111motorazrv3xxxPosted 12/12/2012 5:36:46 PM
sonic777 posted...
If Nintendo says I don't need online, then I don't need online.

From "The Book of Nintendo, Chapter 3, Verse 24."

His divine word has been spoken! We do not need online, Miyamoto-sama!
---
"When I'm about to do something, I ask myself: Would an idiot do that?
And if they would, I do not do that thing." -Dwight K. Schrute
#112Ness0123456789Posted 12/12/2012 5:45:02 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
And like I said

THIS IS EASY, AND NOT AN ISSUE.

You also need hands, a brain, a television, eyeballs. None of these are an issue, so you continuously bringing it up is pointless.

I repeat for the 100th time. Me and my friends do not have this issue. The only issue that we have is being able to play together and this is what online solves.

Without online it would not be possible. With online it is possible. What part of this do you not understand????

Maybe easy for you but for others it's not going to be easy and there will be conflicts in times you can all play together. Again making Online still have issues in terms of playing with friends.

Not really, no.

Let's say I want to play a quick game of Halo 4 with a friend after talking with him on the phone about it. He's home, I'm home, but I need to go to work in an hour, and he lives a crossed town. Obviously I can't have him come over and play, as that would be kind of pointless if I have to leave in an hour.

Thanks to the wonders of technology and online play, five minutes later the two of can be talking over a head set playing a game of Halo 4 on the same team, without split screen, and having a blast, despite the fact that my schedule is extremely limited and I'll only have time for a game or two.

Local multilayer requires A LOT more scheduling and coordination with a friend or friends if you aren't all in the same house when you decide to play. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of the split-screen LAN parties I had with my friends back in college with Halo 1 and 2, but there's a reason they were a weekly thing. I had to lug my Xbox over to a friends houses and another friend had to lug another TV over so we weren't all playing tiny little four square boxes, not to mention the general pain it was of having to connect everything together to even start playing in the first place.

Now with the power of online, the four of us could have just as easily done it every night or whenever the hell we wanted.

The point is: Online Multiplayer is simply superior in every respect to local mulitplayer. You can still talk smack to your friends, you can still get together and play the games you like, and with the expanding technology we have, it won't be long where picture in picture of your friends faces will be standard in mulitplayer games going forward.

The only thing you're missing is having the three other people in the same room with you (and really, why is this such a terrible sacrifice to make for some people?)

That being said, I don't think every game should have online multiplayer, but the argument of "Well it's just not the same experience if you aren't all in the same room playing" is complete bunk. Voice Chat is common place, and Video Chat is quickly becoming it as well. You aren't missing squat by not having people be in the same room as you are. And so long as there's an option to make private parties for online games that only you and your friends can join and play in, there's simply no excuse for a game not having online when it's a multiplayer focused experience.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#113jakestar0306Posted 12/12/2012 5:51:05 PM
G1ingy posted...
Because some people actually have friends in real life to play them with.

And online play would completely remove that functionality?
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#114Baha05Posted 12/12/2012 6:46:14 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...
Stuff

My point to him was while Online does make it easier to play with each other you still have a few of the issues you would have if say you are playing local. You would still most likely have to plan for a larger group of friends to play a game and they would all have to own a copy and a system too. I'm not saying Online is bad (Though in some cases a game really doesn't benefit too much from it nor does it hurt the game itself for not having it0
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#115libatakoPosted 12/12/2012 6:49:07 PM
Tons of replies.....yet not one good reason.....the majority are " i don't think it needs online" or "it i don't like online"..........thank you Nintendo zealots
---
psn/xbl/wii u = libatako
@(> , <)@
#116WeirdJohnPosted 12/12/2012 6:51:52 PM
Darth_Elusive posted...
Bioshock has no online and it is perfectly fine.
Bioshock 2 has online but it is not that good.
Bioshock Infinite will have no online. Personally I don't care as long as the main champagne is done well.

My point is, even for a FPS throwing in online doesn't necessarily make it better.

Gotta agree. I loves me some good bubbly with my video game.
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!
#117forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 10:09:42 PM
Read all 116 posts, and not one of them provided a valid reason for why the game shouldn't have online.

"The game doesn't need online."
Your opinion VS other person's opinion. Completely subjective.

"Online gaming is stupid. Go play locally."
Local is not always an option. Believe it or not, people don't always have time to go over one another's house to play games in person, during the week. People also have friends/family who live far they'd like to play with.

"(Insert game title) doesn't have online, so not every game needs it."
Vast, vast majority of games (especially multiplayer-centric ones) have it as standard feature. Bioshock is a terrible example, because it's entirely focused on single player.

"Implementing online would make them have less time and budget for the local."
This isn't how game design works. The multiplayer mode is created in its entirety and THEN can be developed to either direct to a local or online server. The time and effort needed to program the game to connect to online servers is so negligible, it'd be like saying a room shouldn't have a nightlight in it because it'd be too much money.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#118evecharmevePosted 12/12/2012 10:23:27 PM
Nintendo land is online, there are people walking around from the internet in my theme park.

ok but if you want an valid reason why some of the games are online well I guess 1 not all games are mulitplayer.

Other then that the best reason is It's a LAUNCH title. Nintendo doesn't have the experience yet and from an overall stand point, it's better to not have MP then to have a half assed MP.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#119DarkAdonis123Posted 12/12/2012 10:40:22 PM
They really should've included some sort of party feature like the 360 has. I'm overall happy with the console, but the lack of a party feature is a bit disappointing.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#120ElectricMolePosted 12/12/2012 10:44:38 PM
Xinundra posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Because some people actually have friends in real life to play them with.

Yes. Little high schoolers with no jobs and no friends more than 2 miles away from them. When you are older you will see that not all of your friends are going to be living down the street.

However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.

NintendoLand is a once-a-week kind of game.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188