Please, please explain to me how people can defend no online at this day and age

#121TalentedMPosted 12/12/2012 11:48:43 PM
teknic1200 posted...
"I don't have any friends in real life"

How sad. I will be your friend faceless person on the internet!

I have people clammering to come play the system at my house. All of my friends want to come and try it out, mostly because I am the only one who owns the system and has some extra income coming in around this time of year (not a big gift/holiday person).

I dunno, Nintendo Land wasn't the game I was confused over no internet over. I would think more Mario. Then agian I don't want people jumping on me or preventing me from enjoying the game.

The genres I would assume have multiplayer (internet) would be:

Fighting
Racing
FPS
Beat'em Ups
Co-op puzzle games.

Other than those, I don't know if I want someone jumping all over me, taking my power ups, grabbing me and throwing me around/off the edge, without them being my personal friend. I think it would mostly be frustrating.

The online features they do have are pretty cool.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#122evecharmevePosted 12/12/2012 11:50:02 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
They really should've included some sort of party feature like the 360 has. I'm overall happy with the console, but the lack of a party feature is a bit disappointing.

it took 3 years after the xbox 360 was out before their was a party feature, and it's something on a paid service.

Who knows what will happen in the future
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#123garen66Posted 12/13/2012 12:00:21 AM
The only games I buy online for for consoles are Call of duty because my friends play it. I have no interest in online in most other games. Sure the other games I play online are on PC: TF2 (it's online only), Borderlands 2 (online and single player connect)

there is no reason for online for most games, period. It may add staying power, but often times makes the game so far from complete in the single player that why bother buying the game at all.

Look at the past GOTY games, not a huge percentage has online

who knows if anyone is reading this, I sound a bit peeved, but I am really not at all.
---
PSN: proton_skeleton
3DS FC: 2449-5049-2466
#124NyyarkPosted 12/13/2012 5:37:10 PM
MegaWinFTW posted...

Actually it's not that bad a policy to have, within reason of course. If you focus on providing the best product possible without spending an irrational amount in doing so then you get happier consumers who are more inclined to continue supporting them. Nintendo might have a lot of fanboys but they can't carry them alone and they're suffering from a pretty big image crisis right now, especially amongst the core market. Their continued hesitation to add online doesn't help this. While I maintain that it's obvious that NL would benefit from online you must agree that due to the lack of games in that genre it would at the very least be worth experimenting with online multiplayer for it, no?

Rockband is hard to judge due to the ridiculous oversaturation of music rhythm games around that time, they, or rather Activision with GH, dried up the market quite rapidly with the number of releases being made but I would imagine the online was worthwhile, otherwise they'd have shut it down quite quickly.

I honestly want Nintendo to really understand online, I can only hope that now they have a decent enough infrastructure that they'll make more effort to actually utilise it and get over their bizarre fear of it.

And now we come to harmony! I want Nintendo to experiment with online as well, and think the experiment would be worth it, and I agree it will do wonders for their image.

Yay!
#125SnakePawsPosted 12/15/2012 12:28:33 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
SnakePaws posted...
However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.

What adults that actually have jobs and lives get together once a week to play Nintendo Land? Are you ****ing serious?

Yes, he is serious. Are you really such a dried-up stick in the mud that you are incapable of imagining people doing that?

Sorry, I can't imagine anyone who actually has a life, a full-time job, and a partner or family would be able to devote hours every week to playing video games with friends, or that groups of such people would be able to synchronize their free time such that "having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land" would be something you could regularly do "once a week".
#126MajinKogahazanPosted 12/15/2012 12:38:20 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Baha05 posted...
Easy, some games do better without online. Not every games needs online modes, with party games like Nintendo land I think it's far more fun to play with a group of friends in the room and a lot of the games in NL would seem to be kind of pointless offline.

Very true. A party game with friends online isn't really fun when you're the only one in the room.

Yeah those pretty much.

I don't see the fun in playing a multiplayer game by myself even if everything is is controlled by humans, the fun comes from being with your pals.

Obviously that isn't an option for people without friends/live to far away/too busy/whatever so I guess they need online, but not me.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8746106/1/#new
Dubs>Subs
#127darkjedilinkPosted 12/15/2012 12:53:08 PM
SnakePaws posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
SnakePaws posted...
However having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land is a great thing to do once a week.

What adults that actually have jobs and lives get together once a week to play Nintendo Land? Are you ****ing serious?

Yes, he is serious. Are you really such a dried-up stick in the mud that you are incapable of imagining people doing that?

Sorry, I can't imagine anyone who actually has a life, a full-time job, and a partner or family would be able to devote hours every week to playing video games with friends, or that groups of such people would be able to synchronize their free time such that "having them over at your place and playing Nintendo land" would be something you could regularly do "once a week".

If such people can't set aside time to play games with friends, then they can't set aside time to play games, period.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#128LUlGIPosted 12/15/2012 12:54:54 PM
If such people can't set aside time to play games with friends, then they can't set aside time to play games, period.

Playing games by yourself does not take planning.
#129darkjedilinkPosted 12/15/2012 12:57:35 PM
TalentedM posted...
Then agian I don't want people jumping on me or preventing me from enjoying the game.

This, right here, is all the reason necessary for no online multiplayer in NSMBU. Griefing to the extreme.

"Well, they could add a report feature!"

First off, that doesn't help prevent my gaming time from being ruined by griefers, since I have to be griefed in the first place to report a person.

Second, good luck proving it was "on purpose."

Third, why should I have to police a game that's supposed to be fun? Especially when said policing, as stated, can only come AFTER my fun is ruined?

The multiplayer mechanics of party games and NSMB won't translate to a fun online experience, and anyone who thinks they would are griefers or morons.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie